Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,358 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

What next, Ray offering to pay Oliver callans licence because he says Ray's show is sh1te!!

If that's the case he'll have to pay for all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Its a wonder the lotto guy didnt suggest, or (Ray offer) to drop in to his tv show tomorrow night, I was waiting for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

talking shyte on darcy now.

literally

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Another 20 minute ad for an RTE programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Another go at Enda there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ray has just discovered songwriters use womens names in songs.

Great to see my licence fee going to such good use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Does Rays anti gambling agenda not include the National Lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

"... came back sweatin'"

Lovely. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

So 7.95 is OK in Dublin Airport cos he wasn't paying but he lost his knickers on his first day back on the mothership over pence. Swine

isnt 7.50 or so pretty much the standard cost for a breckie (i.e fry) in Dublin now?

ya have to look fairly hard to find a place still doing it for the 5.25 mark

• Advertisement

in case anyones wondering the pre EURO fig for the fine is 35k punt.

i wonder if anyone ever got locked up for not filling it in?

be a bit embarresing in the pokey : "what ya in for" stakes.

:D:D:D

ray going nuts on the religion question !

:D:D:D

isnt 7.50 or so pretty much the standard cost for a breckie (i.e fry) in Dublin now?

ya have to look fairly hard to find a place still doing it for the 5.25 mark

RTE canteen I'd wager..:D
    But that wouldn't include porridge :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Ray "I remember before the 2011 election Enda Kenny saying he'd do something about suicide, but he didn't do anything."

Well Ray before the 2011 election you said on Today FM that you'd emigrate if Enda became Taoiseach, but you didn't. You also had digs at inflated RTE wages, and in the meantime you've jumped on the gravy train with a crap radio show and appalling TV chat show.

The only question is who is the biggest hyprocrite on RTE, yourself or Joe Duffy.

He is an even bigger fool than Duffy (some trick in itself). The first 10/15mins were a postmortem the previous 75 mins.. His voice alone would make you suicidal. Hum..Haa eeh ....FFS !!!!

"i dont know , i dont know...."

im thinking of making up some T shirts with his head on it and the legend" Ray Darcy: not knowing what he's talking about for decades"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

He is an even bigger fool than Duffy (some trick in itself). The first 10/15mins were a postmortem the previous 75 mins.. His voice alone would make you suicidal. Hum..Haa eeh ....FFS !!!!

Took the words out of my mouth-Ray has got into the habit of beginning each programme with a commentary on Joe's show AND references to his own family

• Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

honeybear wrote: »
    Took the words out of my mouth-Ray has got into the habit of beginning each programme with a commentary on Joe's show AND references to his own family

Don't forget 'purridge'.

I turned over yesterday and somebody's asked him a few questions about how he eats his porridge. His answer was water, blueberries and saucepan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭Field east

BPKS wrote: »
    Don't forget 'purridge'.

I turned over yesterday and somebody's asked him a few questions about how he eats his porridge. His answer was water, blueberries and saucepan.
    He was interviewing a food book writer the other day and within a few minutes into the interview he gave her a detailed run down on how he cooks his chicken wings. I began to wonder was the objective of the interview Ray getting his skills/knowledge/powerless across or was it the interviewee, her background, her book, her ideas on some food issues etc.

He is some detail. I still am none the wiser with regards to what sweets he sucks?
    And all that giggling. Is it still nerves, a psycho- somatic type of situation or what?It un- nerves me . I wonder if anybody ever check his chair for signs of those bristles you get in mature rosehips?

Red Kev wrote: »
    Ray "I remember before the 2011 election Enda Kenny saying he'd do something about suicide, but he didn't do anything."

I had a pain in my face listening to him as well. Complaining that they needed the twelve million for something else. It struck me as ironic that the state wasted another half million on him. Could they not have left him at TodayFM and put that half million to mental health. Or even just the boost that would have been given to people's mental health not having to listen to him in the afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Red Kev wrote: »

Well Ray before the 2011 election you said on Today FM that you'd emigrate if Enda became Taoiseach, but you didn't. You also had digs at inflated RTE wages, and in the meantime you've jumped on the gravy train with a crap radio show and appalling TV chat show.

The only question is who is the biggest hyprocrite on RTE, yourself or Joe Duffy.

Post that again so I can thank it again please :)

gimmick wrote: »
    Post that again so I can thank it again please :)

It's terrible though. RTE always purport to look for truth and transparency, yet they must have a team of people blocking calls critical of Joe Duffy and Ray D'Arcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It's terrible though. RTE always purport to look for truth and transparency, yet they must have a team of people blocking calls critical of Joe Duffy and Ray D'Arcy.

I have always wondered how no-one has ever phoned in to one of these 2 shows pretending they are going to chat about something else, then say whatever they want?

Also, I have noticed a few times over recent weeks the odd caller into the LiveLine saying something like "thanks for calling me" or words to that effect. I'm starting to wonder are people actually calling in, or are the producers making calls to potential participants?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

NIMAN wrote: »
    I have always wondered how no-one has ever phoned in to one of these 2 shows pretending they are going to chat about something else, then say whatever they want?

Also, I have noticed a few times over recent weeks the odd caller into the LiveLine saying something like "thanks for calling me" or words to that effect. I'm starting to wonder are people actually calling in, or are the producers making calls to potential participants?

there must be a time delay, to block off anything that they really do not like. Like on 96fm in Cork with Neil Prendiville , after his 'incident' on the plane. No mention of it from any of the callers. Definite time delay there anyway, no way would no one mention it to him !!

I know there is a time delay ok, maybe up to 10secs I had read about radio stations to catch people shouting things about presenters etc, but that wouldn't stop say me phoning in saying I want to chat about the current toipic as I also have an account of X,Y,Z and then working my way into chatting about Ray or Joe's wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I know there is a time delay ok, maybe up to 10secs I had read about radio stations to catch people shouting things about presenters etc, but that wouldn't stop say me phoning in saying I want to chat about the current toipic as I also have an account of X,Y,Z and then working my way into chatting about Ray or Joe's wages.

you could probably get on talking about another topic, then try to bring their wages into it, but I doubt you would get too far. Probably commercial break, followed by a bad line :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Ray uses up his ten second delay before the show gets going when he messes up the transition from Joes show to his. Those buttons have to be pressed themselves you know, it's not easy. So the delay gets lost straight away.

2smiggy wrote: »
    you could probably get on talking about another topic, then try to bring their wages into it, but I doubt you would get too far. Probably commercial break, followed by a bad line :pac:

:D
    I have no doubt that would happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's been going on for a long time. You'll also see their twitter account getting in touch with random people on twitter asking can they follow them so they can message each other in the pursuit of 'user driven' content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,659 ✭✭✭✭L1011

2smiggy wrote: »
    there must be a time delay, to block off anything that they really do not like. Like on 96fm in Cork with Neil Prendiville , after his 'incident' on the plane. No mention of it from any of the callers. Definite time delay there anyway, no way would no one mention it to him !!

BAI requires a time delay for talk shows; may not yet apply to RTE but its still usually done.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/459135-REG/Eventide_BD600E_BD_600E_Broadcast_Audio_Delay.html - worth the cost of saving one libel case
    bruschi wrote: »
    Ray uses up his ten second delay before the show gets going when he messes up the transition from Joes show to his. Those buttons have to be pressed themselves you know, it's not easy. So the delay gets lost straight away.

The units on the market now can do far more than 10 seconds; that was a limitation of early storage. That one there does 80 but higher exist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement