Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

He's a chiropractor, NOT a doctor.

He's nothing more than a quack with buzz words.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

He's a chiropractor, NOT a doctor.

He's nothing more than a quack with buzz words.

You could be right Claude.

Most of those type of dudes are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

You could be right Claude.

Most of those type of dudes are.

Anyone who says they

1. can reverse bi-polar
    2. say there's no need for meds
    3. call them self a doctor when they aren't

They are a quack.

I know one of the speaker on the stage with him tonight, i'll be contacting them to state my disgust at what he preaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Is Foxes Pub is called after Leicester City FC, or is it a coincidence.
    What a stupid question...
    Ray showing his lack of knowledge again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I attribute that to his show timing, ie right after liveline. My old pair just never bother turning the dial after liveline, they just switch on the TV to watch some afternoon show. They dislike D'Arcy (almost) as much as I do

Well 37,000 more people are doing this, and identifying themselves as having listened to D'Arcy on the survey, than were doing so this time last year, so really no matter what way you try and twist the figures, he's doing something right that the previous host wasn't.

Now, this could be a temporary bounce akin to Pat Kenny on NewsTalk, but it also could be that Ray appeals to the same demographic as Joe Duffy does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭masalbeagdubh

Only 16800 people are interviewed for the JNLRs. I think people place too much importance on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Is Foxes Pub is called after Leicester City FC, or is it a coincidence.
    What a stupid question...
    Ray showing his lack of knowledge again.

I heard some of that, did Ray have yer man from Glenfin or did he bother to take Ray's call after Dave insulted him by asking him "do you have the technology up there" for watching the Leicester v ManU game, in which soured the end of the conversation with the other Leicester fans on talking:o
    wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Well 37,000 more people are doing this, and identifying themselves as having listened to D'Arcy on the survey, than were doing so this time last year, so really no matter what way you try and twist the figures, he's doing something right that the previous host wasn't.

Now, this could be a temporary bounce akin to Pat Kenny on NewsTalk, but it also could be that Ray appeals to the same demographic as Joe Duffy does.

I wonder how many are actually fans of Ray & one's just listening in to hear Ray Fcuk up, even more than usual & could very well be doing more harm than good :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

ha ha ha .

ray was fuming at that texter that sided with danny healy rae.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Is ray going to quit again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Is ray going to quit again?

Yep, but only till Monday....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Not evening, it's the afternoon....Ray cutting everyone today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Ten Pin wrote: »
    How does anyone agree to being interviewed by him, putting his foot in it everywhere, not much tact

And the good news is...this show has been axed
    Don't be getting my hopes up, damn you:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

his show is being axed ????

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

The newsreader Eileen Whelan was on today. Near the end, when talking about the enduring popularity of the Six-One and Nine O'Clock News, he said that more older people watch and that might change in future, similar to being buying less newspapers, she said.

Then, there was roughly the following exchange:
    RD: "Have you done any studies on the future of media?"
    EW: "What kind of studies?"
    RD: "I know, yeah. Your husband, what does he do?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I honestly think he doesn't know who Eileen Whelans husband is, as he asked does he have an accent??......wrapped up in his own world:rolleyes:

I think everyone knows he is Larry Donnelly, the academic who is a regular guest on various radio stations from time to time.

No, if he doesn't run or in some way comes into his bubble, then he dont know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

jimmyw wrote: »
    I honestly think he doesn't know who Eileen Whelans husband is, as he asked does he have an accent??......wrapped up in his own world:rolleyes:

I think everyone knows he is Larry Donnelly, the academic who is a regular guest on various radio stations from time to time.

No, if he doesn't run or in some way comes into his bubble, then he dont know.

I doubt everyone knows who he is! Seems extremely presumptive to think that just because you know he is married to her!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I've no idea who Eileen Whelan is, not to mind Larry Donnelly... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Dermot Bannon on TV show sat night

Dermot Bannon on Radio show Monday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

One post while his show was on-air, shows just how uninteresting it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭roroliam

Looks like Rays cracked it. Every one likes the show now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Jeez, every time I turn on the tv or radio,DERMOT BANNON is nearly on.

These type shows are boring to me.............:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Must be more and more difficult to find fresh news stories, going by Ray's diet at any rate. I think that was about 10+ minutes of rehash.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I'm sure I heard him doing some voice over work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

"god you're an awful stickler Ray arent you".

He's extremely petty and pedantic. especially for a guy that gets so many names wrong himself, makes promises that he doesnt keep, and misses about 50% of the buttons on the mixing desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

He's extremely petty and pedantic. especially for a guy that gets so many names wrong himself, makes promises that he doesnt keep, and misses about 50% of the buttons on the mixing desk.[/QUOTE}

I was delighted when Mary O'Conor said that to him. He seemed more interested in letting us know all he knew rather than let her get on with answering the question.

I didn't hear the start of the interview with Tiernan about trying to find his birth mother but some of it was truly shocking. Imagine thinking your birth mother had taken her own life because you wrote to her and then they phone back and few weeks later and say 'sorry it wasn't her after all' . What kind of agency were they and are they still in existence?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Radio5 wrote: »

He's extremely petty and pedantic. especially for a guy that gets so many names wrong himself, makes promises that he doesnt keep, and misses about 50% of the buttons on the mixing desk.[/QUOTE}

I was delighted when Mary O'Conor said that to him. He seemed more interested in letting us know all he knew rather than let her get on with answering the question.

I didn't hear the start of the interview with Tiernan about trying to find his birth mother but some of it was truly shocking. Imagine thinking your birth mother had taken her own life because you wrote to her and then they phone back and few weeks later and say 'sorry it wasn't her after all' . What kind of agency were they and are they still in existence?

That sounded unbelievable. What his mother said was very true, that he
    was lucky he was such a strong person when he got that devastating news,
    or he may have killed himself. :( Imagine if his birth mother were listening to
    that today - is quite likely that she may have done so. How wonderful for
    her to hear him say that he would like her to know that he has had a great life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Radio5 wrote: »
    I didn't hear the start of the interview with Tiernan about trying to find his birth mother but some of it was truly shocking.

He was on TV with that story six years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Could be worse, could be Kathryn Thomas!
    I went to the all ireland a couple of years agoand thought I might be safe. Who presented the pre match singers? KATHRYN THOMAS! FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Haven't listened to this show in a while. I can see why.

The nation's favourite ice pop. Adoption. Two dead babies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

This Eurovision clown trying to justify RTE entering Nicky Byrne into the Eurovision is laughable

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement