Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He's as bad as Mooney with his gay fixation.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

sligojoek wrote: »
    Healthy eating FM

with Eva Göring

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

BPKS wrote: »
    I'd say I posted on the old thread but the first few years of the D'Arcy show on Today FM were great.

The team were young (bar D'Arcy), single and up for having a bit of craic. Fix it Friday was something to look forward to........

Great post. You know I think's it's not even unique to radio presenters. It's the same with most men, who were great craic when they were single and in their twenties. Then when they get married, asking them to go out for a pint is like asking them to go to the moon. So I dont think that Ray is unique in that, but the question would be is he now the right character to present a "fun" radio show.

He's like any middle aged man now. Gives out about everything, stuck in his own opinions, has the answers for everything from politics to mental health... a curmudgeon.

He's like any middle aged man now. Gives out about everything, stuck in his own opinions, has the answers for everything from politics to mental health... a curmudgeon.
    He's also bald and short

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Great post. You know I think's it's not even unique to radio presenters. It's the same with most men, who were great craic when they were single and in their twenties. Then when they get married, asking them to go out for a pint is like asking them to go to the moon. So I dont think that Ray is unique in that, but the question would be is he now the right character to present a "fun" radio show.

That's exactly how I picture 90% of posters on the Liveline thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Brian Scan wrote: »
    [/B]
    That's exactly how I picture 90% of posters on the Liveline thread.

The thing is, we actually do have the answers for everything, it's not that we just think we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

A more pertinent question may be "Is his show meant to be 'fun' anymore?"

What I mean is, maybe it's listeners who need change their expectations of what D'Arcy's style is now. We cling on to memories of what his show USED to be, but maybe that's not what Ray wants to do anymore? Maybe it's not that he's incapable of doing a fun, happy show, but maybe it's he doesn't want to do a fun, happy show.

Essentially, maybe it's time people started realising that the misery-filled, curmudgeonly Ray D'Arcy is now probably 2 JNLR books away from having more listeners than he ever did on Today FM.

this health fascism gets very very tiresome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'm eating a Kimberly biscuit, sugary marshmallow goodness with sugar stuck to the white goo, while listening to this lecture about sugar. Does it make me have a second thought about it, not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,856 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ray having another lash off of the devil that is sugar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Christ he's in a preaching mode today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I've a pain in me tits with this fuppin idiots and his conquest against "fat" people. I wish him and that Dr would ever fup off

He was playing hurling last year ffs. Wake up Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

And then he plays Hozier. Just to maintain the preachy vibe...

He was playing hurling last year ffs. Wake up Ray.

Now now. Don't disagree with the teacher. :). Just remember whose name is over the door. Even when he's wrong,he's right.:) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

swingking wrote: »
    Christ he's in a preaching mode today!!

Yup. I just sent him a text enabling him to preach even more. He just did :-)

parenting now

parenting now

Parenting with Google!

It's not that hard to find. Sure you'd nearly run to it from D4

This is SICKENING

• Advertisement

"This organisation" getting a rap across the knuckles from Ray D'Arcy for advertising sports betting. I mean, where does he think his half million comes from? But at least Ray is true to his principles and makes a token (and petty) gesture of not handing off to the broadcasters at Cheltenham... Ray, if you're not happy with RTE taking advertising money from sports betting companies, then leave. But you cant take their money AND give out about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ray having another lash off of the devil that is sugar.

Eat your porridge and dont be putting any sugar in it :D:D:D

Ray saying that sugar is as bad as cocaine is he for real :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Thhis morning Kate wanted to know which countries had the highest and lowest murder rates. Ray comes to work and gets the researchers to find out and then tells Kate the answer on air. Could she not have googled iit herself.

Ray and Declan Lynch on together today. Radio heaven. The two happiest guys in Irish media.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

sligojoek wrote: »
    Thhis morning Kate wanted to know which countries had the highest and lowest murder rates. Ray comes to work and gets the researchers to find out and then tells Kate the answer on air. Could she not have googled iit herself.

Ray and Declan Lynch on together today. Radio heaven. The two happiest guys in Irish media.

Kate was probably banned from the internet for not winning the running race at the school sports day.....beaten by a catholic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Ray reading facts from a "Tell me Why" book ...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

I hear that RTE are playing D'Arcy "stance against RTE supported gambling" as the promo for his show. It really annoys me that he now gets to portray himself as being some sort of champion of those hurt by gambling. Like I said above, a real stance would be refusing to work for a company whose advertising standards he does not agree with, and not accepting the cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

I hear that RTE are playing D'Arcy "stance against RTE supported gambling" as the promo for his show. It really annoys me that he now gets to portray himself as being some sort of champion of those hurt by gambling. Like I said above, a real stance would be refusing to work for a company whose advertising standards he does not agree with, and not accepting the cheque.

How many lotto winners has he had on since January alone. He even had the lad who was on winning streak twice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Not sure who the man on with Sean O'Rourke is at the moment, but with his views on sugar he will need protection to get past D'arcy on the way out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,341 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

And then his radio show is sponsored by a car company that deliberately falsified emissions data for their cars which is at the expense of human health, particularly that of children.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement