Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,503 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

neris wrote: »

Heard that the other day, quality.

Ian seemed a bit uneasy laughing at his old mucker Ray, but he probably couldn't help himself cos everything Dustin said was true. And funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

D'Arcy is a walking talking hypocrite. He didn't hide his disdain for Cheltenham on his radio show but he had no trouble having winning Gold Cup jockey Bryan Cooper on his TV show the following Saturday.

That clip being played with himself and Declan Lynch sounds like two miserable moany ould gits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

NIMAN wrote: »
    Ian seemed a bit uneasy laughing at his old mucker Ray, but he probably couldn't help himself cos everything Dustin said was true. And funny.

I don't think so, he took the piss out of Darcy himself plenty of times after he left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Oh dear god, does the preaching ever end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Oh dear god, does the preaching ever end.

No.

I wonder do his pair walk to school?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I didn't hear it but I doubt if Dempsey was as uneasy as he may have sounded.

There's serious bad blood there going back years from a decision to extend D'Arcy's show by one hour at the expense of the Breakfast Show.

The handover at 9am was usually an exhibition of passive aggression.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

padd b1975 wrote: »

There's serious bad blood there going back years from a decision to extend D'Arcy's show by one hour at the expense of the Breakfast Show.

Just like here:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

It was obvious how he was taking the moral high ground when talking to the newly elected TD, Jack Chambers about the eight amendment irrespective on your view on it.Ray just comes across as sanctimonious.

Yes its ok to challenge a guests view,but he just comes across all wrong.

Anton on todayfm puts the other point of view without been up on his high horse, thats one of the differences between the two presenters

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

He wasn't uneasy when he took out a 2pg spread in the Sun on Sunday afaik day after his new show?
    Not the tit i wanted to see on Pg3rolleyes.png

Dustin says Ian etc haven't changed a bit since the Den is 30yrs in Sept:eek: Ray looks like he's Yoda, without the personality:p
    padd b1975 wrote: »

I can see Anton & Ian doing it now in the mornings, sometimes it feels pushed?

But Ian hasnt really aged at all, as i remember seeing Ray in a pic, in his Jo-Maxi days, full of hair, bachelor pad, probably Jack the lad:P
    where did it all go wrong?
    Now, If that isn't enough to be aggressive about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Ray D’Arcy interview with Graham Linehan and wife over abortion broke broadcasting rules

http://www.thejournal.ie/bai-complaint-abortion-2787112-May2016/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Ray D’Arcy interview with Graham Linehan and wife over abortion broke broadcasting rules

OK which of ye was it ? :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ray talking pollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Is that the second complaint upheld against him since moving to RTE? I vaguely remember another, but am not 100%.

Would be really interested to know how many were upheld against him at Today FM too.

Not for any specific reason, I'd just be curious due to my own history with BAI complaints, and all the fun they entail. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I am not surprised with this. Ray is not a broadcaster-journalist. He is not near versed enough to pull off these interviews and go indepth into them. Some interviews require education/reserach/articulation and fluidity. Sorely lacking with this lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

christ he cant even play taped interviews properly now ( 8 secs of the brian ferry interview went awol)

how does he earn this much?

has he pic of the DG of RTE riding sheep while whippin midgets or sommat?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

christ he cant even play taped interviews properly now ( 8 secs of the brian ferry interview went awol)

how does he earn this much?

has he pic of the DG of RTE riding sheep while whippin midgets or sommat?

What's wrong with that? Here in Tipp we call that a good night out!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

That Ferry interview another example of how he seems to have very little stored knowledge. Every question seemed to begin with a reference to him reading about the subject (in the research notes, presumably).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That Ferry interview another example of how he seems to have very little stored knowledge. Every question seemed to begin with a reference to him reading about the subject (in the research notes, presumably).

excellent point there, in my opinion that's his problem.

Both Linehans had outlined their story in a video promoting an Amnesty International campaign to decriminalise abortion in Ireland.

There seems to be a common thread any time that Ray gets a rap on the knuckles from the BAI.

But he doesnt seem to be able to do that either. How many times have you heard him saying something like "And I read somewhere that you have three kids but only one of them is in private school", only to here the guest respond "well, actually none of my kids are in private school, Ray". He cant seem to read the stuff right either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I heard him interviewing a couple whos child was rescued from drowning.

Ray: Say "The Guards" again. I love the way german people living in Ireland pronounce "The Guards".

Ray: It must have been mad getting a spin in a squad car with the lights and sirens going.

Interviewee: We didn't even think about that. All we wanted to do was see our child.

At the end.

Ray: give (child's name) a big hug from me.

He's worth every penny

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

sligojoek wrote: »
    I heard him interviewing a couple whos child was rescued from drowning.

Ray: Say "The Guards" again. I love the way german people living in Ireland pronounce "The Guards".

Ray: It must have been mad getting a spin in a squad car with the lights and sirens going.

Interviewee: We didn't even think about that. All we wanted to do was see our child.

At the end.

Ray: give (child's name) a big hug from me.

He's worth every penny

That man is Alan Partridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

D'Arcy cried 3 times already today.

Watching Britain's Got Talent.

Watching a woman boxer.

Reading the story of the rape of a pensioner.

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Ray cried three times today.. Amazing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Super bright start to the show, Joe can only wish to open Liveline with such misery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Ray opens on the story of the rape of a 74 year old woman

I'm crying with laughter.

I'm crying with laughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Some beaches lost their blue fags. You might as well have a bit of an old cry over that too, Ray.

• Advertisement

my friend wrote: »
    Ray opens on the story of the rape of a 74 year old woman

It's a terrible news story, but does he really HAVE to start the show with such depressing items. The show is meant to be entertainment ffs, same as his TV show, but himself and Tubridy seem to be fighting tooth and nail for the cream of the misery stories.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement