Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

riveting opening

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Dog Man Star

He had his wife talking about her favourite books yesterday, the first work she's done all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

He can't even do simple maths. I'm sure this pharma rep is quaking in her boots :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

He can't even do simple maths. I'm sure this pharma rep is quaking in her boots :rolleyes:

Excuse me Harry. Ray did HONOURS maths, as he told one guest today. Before then going on to tell the following guest that 1998 was 28 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Excuse me Harry. Ray did HONOURS maths, as he told one guest today. Before then going on to tell the following guest that 1998 was 28 years ago.

Had trouble with the Austrian Tyrol today.

Jeez h ke eeriest ,a 500k presenter shouldn't be phased by the pronunciation of that.

He ended up with Tyrrell, the complete knob.

Words fail me.

• Advertisement

D'arcy again gives me a pain in the face with his "fighting against the evil rich corporation on behalf of the little people". He clearly wished to paint the drug company Vertex Pharmaceuticals as such an evil empire, and did his best to phrase his questions in the most emotive and loaded manner he could. There was one question which he was basically asking how much a life should cost. The same question could legitimately be asked in the context of how much D'Arcy gets paid. If he got paid the average industrial wage, then maybe the state could pay for five more people could get this drug?

And he was hoping for the big finish when he asked the last question "And just one last question, how much profit did Vertex make last year". Now you see Ray was assuming they were gonna say that they made 100 Billion dollars so that he could then give us one of his pious *SIGHS* as he sits back on his moral horse in judgement of this evil capitalist company. But they dont make ANY profit, or at least havent in recent years, which didnt seem to suit D'Arcy or his agenda.

To contend that the State should pay for all drugs for everybody who is ill, no matter what they cost, is simply not mature and not responsible. But I guess they are two things that you could never accuse D'Arcy of being.

To contend that the State should pay for all drugs for everybody who is ill, no matter what they cost, is simply not mature and not responsible. But I guess they are two things that you could never accuse D'Arcy of being.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100 percent. Whereas everyone might hope that the state will spend endless amounts of money on them or their loved one ...well it just cant. And a line has to be drawn somewhere.

But of course D'Arcy loves hopping on the populist bandwagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Sure didn't he announce the show as being on Today FM again yesterday or the day before. I only have it on as noise for the dog. Even she's not a great fan but sometimes I forget to turn it off when I get in. Then I find myself foaming at the mouth and race for the remote.

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Sure didn't he announce the show as being on Today FM again yesterday or the day before. I only have it on as noise for the dog. Even she's not a great fan but sometimes I forget to turn it off when I get in. Then I find myself foaming at the mouth and race for the remote.

:eek:

What about the poor hound.?

Tail jammed twixt the legs, and half the lino chewed up .

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

To contend that the State should pay for all drugs for everybody who is ill, no matter what they cost, is simply not mature and not responsible. But I guess they are two things that you could never accuse D'Arcy of being.

I agree with you 100 percent. Whereas everyone might hope that the state will spend endless amounts of money on them or their loved one ...well it just cant. And a line has to be drawn somewhere.

But of course D'Arcy loves hopping on the populist bandwagon.[/quote]

Ray has high hopes for this government , free drugs for all along with free houses.. Real man of the people...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

In typical Lahv Lahn listener fashion I didn't hear the show today.......but......were the voice of Skow-dah and his kid on hi? What were they like hi?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,359 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yeah. They got about 15 minutes. The questions and answers were all scripted so the kid could read out the answers. Seriously!

Yeah. They got about 15 minutes. The questions and answers were all scripted so the kid could read out the answers. Seriously!

Why was it scripted? The kid is always telling us he's clever - so he is hi.....

He didn't say that on air did he? Did his daddy work in KPMG too?

One thing that really grates on me is everyone in RTE and all of the Communicorp stations always butcher the word "pharmacoeconomics". They always seem to refer to it as "pharmaeconomics" or "pharamconomics". How hard is it to say it correctly? I worked in that arena for a while so it's like fingernails on a blackboard to me when I hear it said incorrectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Cue RTE intraweb being hacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

^^^^^^^^^^

What did he do now?

Just can't warm to D'arcy at all. This Martin O'Neill thing isnt helping.

The country has gone mad.

Just can't warm to D'arcy at all. This Martin O'Neill thing isnt helping. The country has gone mad.

He hadnt ever heard the remark, but somebody told him about it so that he could be offended and call radio stations.

This guy is complaining about the demarcation of gay people in sport but he's part of a gay football team? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

So Rays example of how words can be used in a homophobic way is someone writing "is gay" after the Tallaght on a road sign.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    So Rays example of how words can be used in a homophobic way is someone writing "is gay" after the Tallaght on a road sign.

What a ludicrous example.

"He tipped you off on that Furnam guy. "

The guys name is Fuhrman. He's read a third of the book and he cant even get the name of the most critical witness in the case right. m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

And he watched the TV show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

He loves to come across as so open minded and a pretty much perfect personality such as supporting the "homeless" such the one that has a "job" but is always on telly and radio.
    Wish my job entitled me to a free house.

"Ron Goodman" says Ray.

Seems like he does about as much research as Marian.

"Ron Goodman" says Ray. Seems like he does about as much research as Marian.

I thought he said that but I couldnt believe that he could have actually got both names wrong.

Lad is out of this depth on this slot.

Totally obvious.

Hopefully RTE will realise this quicker than they took to shift Poor John from the 0900-1000 slot.

Not being personal, but the lad has been found out.

Big Time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Lad is out of this depth on this slot.

Totally obvious.

Hopefully RTE will realise this quicker than they took to shift Poor John from the 0900-1000 slot.

Not being personal, but the lad has been found out.

Big Time.

In fairness, Ray is after 3 days off, too much sun on his head, (plaster it with porridge Ray), hence the reason he got the names wrong, hadn't a clue how to work the computer (computer says no!) and boasted to Fern about our Nuacht in our language which he hates!

• Advertisement

In fairness, Ray is after 3 days off, too much sun on his head, (plaster it with porridge Ray), hence the reason he got the names wrong, hadn't a clue how to work the computer (computer says no!) and boasted to Fern about our Nuacht in our language which he hates!

Goes a lot deeper than that Mr C. a lot deeper

Way out of his depth, can't carry the show.

As I said yonks ago, only suited for hairdresser and barber background chaff.

Where folks are only half listening.

Found out big time- at the taxpayers expense

Needs to be gotten out of there rapido.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement