Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i usually listen to the live line, so i have listened to the start of his show by not changing the station. he is as bad as i remembered. started on about the alcohol sponsorship of sporting events, and how young lads would automatically go out and drink these products. Just because they are sponsored by guinness , heineken etc. He is still on his high horse anyway.

I must get into the habit to change station as soon as the live line ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Jaysus, there's a lot of vitriol here.. some people seem to have their minds made up without even giving his show more than a few days. Sour grapes??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

2smiggy wrote: »
    i usually listen to the live line, so i have listened to the start of his show by not changing the station. he is as bad as i remembered. started on about the alcohol sponsorship of sporting events, and how young lads would automatically go out and drink these products. Just because they are sponsored by guinness , heineken etc. He is still on his high horse anyway.

You clearly don't understand how sponsorship works.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Gits_bone wrote: »

Sponsorship doesn't always work as you imagine... In the market for a new car a negative for VW is its association with Ray D'Arcy ..

my friend wrote: »
    Sponsorship doesn't always work as you imagine... In the market for a new car a negative for VW is its association with Ray D'Arcy ..

ehhhh what?

Clearly you have no head for business or marketing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

ehhhh what?

Clearly you have no head for business or marketing. :)

Moderator: Last warning. Attack the post, not the poster.

• Site Banned Posts: 30 Jack the Box

my friend wrote: »

This is very true. VW is hardly a choice for the 50 years and over brigade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

This is very true. VW is hardly a choice for the 50 years and over brigade.

I would have thought that this is very close to their market.. boring & reliable etc., good investment and so on.

What are you thinking of - boy racers in Golf GTI's? They hardly make VW rich!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

BarryD wrote: »
    What are you thinking of - boy racers in Golf GTI's? They hardly make VW rich!

Just a point of information but golfs are exactly what make vw rich. I just specced one there to the same as my car, a bmw, and it was over €14k more expensive for the exact same spec, with my car edging the vw on torque and the vw edging mine on bhp.

Golfs are hugely expensive for what you get bit people pay for them because of their reputation. It's by fat and away how vw make their biggest margins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Just a point of information but golfs are exactly what make vw rich. I just specced one there to the same as my car, a bmw, and it was over €14k more expensive for the exact same spec, with my car edging the vw on torque and the vw edging mine on bhp.

Golfs are hugely expensive for what you get bit people pay for them because of their reputation. It's by fat and away how vw make their biggest margins.

People buy Golfs because they are reliable and the resale value is great. I'm on my second one. No issues with either and the resale of the first car was brilliant. After 3 years I sold it for €1100 less than I paid. So Torque Smork...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭mikep

I used to listen to Ray on today fm, enjoyed it for a long time and like others believed he lost it a good few years ago. I won't be tuning to RTE to listen.
    I firmly believe he has had the Late Late Show in his sights for years and thought the route to it was getting back to RTE, I think this slot won't do him any good as I'd imagine the Mooney fans are not his demographic so he could have put himslef into a position of being in radio wilderness....

mikep wrote: »
    I used to listen to Ray on today fm, enjoyed it for a long time and like others believed he lost it a good few years ago. I won't be tuning to RTE to listen.
    I firmly believe he has had the Late Late Show in his sights for years and thought the route to it was getting back to RTE, I think this slot won't do him any good as I'd imagine the Mooney fans are not his demographic so he could have put himslef into a position of being in radio wilderness....

Ha! Darcy doing the Late Late ! Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

When did this thread merge with the top gear thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Ha! Darcy doing the Late Late ! Jaysus

I just asked on the late late show thread could it get any worse! That's my answer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He would be banned off the road after this weeks performance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Its great. No Eanna. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Seeing as it's Friday, I was expecting "D'Arcy Goes Wild" today - such as Ray eating a bar of chocolate or drinking a glass of full-fat milk......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

No fix it Friday

2smiggy wrote: »

That's not how sponsorship works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

It's a bit embarrassing that analogy that he was creating between the "guy who has just started driving, and doesnt want to take his hands off the wheel to wave at his friend" and his own inept broadcasting for the past week... I'm sure RTE certainly expect more than just a trainee..

• Advertisement

It's a bit embarrassing that analogy that he was creating between the "guy who has just started driving, and doesnt want to take his hands off the wheel to wave at his friend" and his own inept broadcasting for the past week... I'm sure RTE certainly expect more than just a trainee..

Except that a good driver is good enough to get away with taking his hands off the wheel. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

A very heavy subject. Not sure if I'll keep listening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Except that a good driver is good enough to get away with taking his hands off the wheel. :cool:

And knowing Ray he would have driven the long way around so as not to bump into his old colleagues anyway... So he would have had no need to wave!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i had seen your answer first time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Was that supposed to be Dr. Salty Balls?? LOL! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭baldbear

Darcy has had many Petteifoggery moments about sugar!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭baldbear

Warning there is a Rugby link here.

Watched that comedy the other night and I would highly recommend!

Poor Ray doesn't know that though ! Text in there and help him stop sounding so oafish.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

rays says were without some of our key players for the rugby tomorrow. he does know brian odriscoll retired last year doesnt he?

• Advertisement

Well that rounds a pretty woeful first week from Ray and the team. Not sure if it can get any worse though the river of inane boring drivel is likely to keep on flowing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement