Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

goochy wrote: »
    you could put anything on at 3pm on radio 1 and hundreds of thousands of listeners.
    I find it bewildering myself, but apparently his listenership is up by 34,000 year-on-year. (April 2016)

I accept that his slot will always have a core audience, coming as it does directly after Liveline, but an increase of 34,000 in a year is no mean feat (it's also 10,000 more than new listeners to Liveline)

I don't understand how anyone can bear him, but different strokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Interesting discussion right now, Katherine Thomas' grey pubes

What an insufferable woman she is. When is she just going to go away for good?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,419 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

What an insufferable woman she is. When is she just going to go away for good?

Not anytime soon- sorry.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Is he off again this week.

Whats the holiday count at now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

BPKS wrote: »
    Is he off again this week.

Whats the holiday count at now?

Two weeks (family) holidays I think - do you not listen ;)

• Advertisement

BarryD wrote: »
    Two weeks (family) holidays I think - do you not listen ;)

Rarely.

He probably has between 20 and 25 holidays taken in the 6 months to date so far this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    +1 for today.

Total: 12 Days

+10 for the two weeks. If he doesn't take a full two weeks, please correct this (I don't listen much at all, so I'm unlikely to hear the show in the next two weeks).

Total: 22 Days

+10 for the two weeks. If he doesn't take a full two weeks, please correct this (I don't listen much at all, so I'm unlikely to hear the show in the next two weeks).

Total: 22 Days

Whats the typical amount of holidays you get when you start a new job? I'd guess around 23 or 24 max.

Poor auld Raymondo will have to work all over Christmas the way things are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Whats the typical amount of holidays you get when you start a new job? I'd guess around 23 or 24 max.

Poor auld Raymondo will have to work all over Christmas the way things are going.

Joe Duffy has already had about 40

The average in Ireland is 20 days according to my extensive research (i.e Googleing "Average Annual Leave Ireland" and taking the first result :P). This isn't including public holidays (which I haven't been including in my tally either). Source -> http://www.newstalk.com/Irish-workers-get-less-holidays-than-EU-counterparts

I'd guess he's entitled to 30-35 days, so another two weeks towards the end of the year and maybe a day here and there as well.

TBH, I wouldn't find 30-35 that unreasonable. I mean, he is a star that they head-hunted from their competitors, so it's pretty reasonable to assume there were some perks thrown into his contract.

Just to say, the main reason I started keeping the tally was genuine curiosity on my part. I just want to make it clear that when I post the tally, I'm not having a dig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

as a contractor, i would say he can take as many days off as he likes??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

god i cant stand katherine thomas.

just does me head in. at the very least though the woman is more technically competent than ray.

dont know meself with no one buggering up the nobs and switches starting the show.

:D

The average in Ireland is 20 days according to my extensive research (i.e Googleing "Average Annual Leave Ireland" and taking the first result :P). This isn't including public holidays (which I haven't been including in my tally either). Source -> http://www.newstalk.com/Irish-workers-get-less-holidays-than-EU-counterparts

I'd guess he's entitled to 30-35 days, so another two weeks towards the end of the year and maybe a day here and there as well.

TBH, I wouldn't find 30-35 that unreasonable. I mean, he is a star that they head-hunted from their competitors, so it's pretty reasonable to assume there were some perks thrown into his contract.

Just to say, the main reason I started keeping the tally was genuine curiosity on my part. I just want to make it clear that when I post the tally, I'm not having a dig.

Oh I am having a dig:D

When he was on Today FM one of his pet hates was the salaries and amount of holidays public servants got.

Reap what you sow and all that.

Oh I am having a dig:D

When he was on Today FM one of his pet hates was the salaries and amount of holidays public servants got.

Reap what you sow and all that.

Oh I agree, and if that number goes up much higher than 30 I'll most definitely be having a pop!

Just wanted to explain the intention behind the tally just in case people thought I was being a spiteful twat.

(I mean, I am a spiteful twat, just not in this particular instance! :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Joe Duffy has already had about 40

+1 on this. Wish someone had kept a count going on that thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Ah no, Ray is entitled to Christmas off on religious grounds..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

+1 on this. Wish someone had kept a count going on that thread.

I'll go back and count one of these days

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Lost and found FM again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

CllecN2WkAIOjdx.jpg:medium

"No.... I dont agree with it.. Terrible problems with alcohol in the country. Dont need promotion from footballers... it's wrong.. "

*pulls sombrero back down over head*

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

President Michael D. Higgins couldn't take their call because he's far too high and mighty and practically royalty these days to talk to the common peasants too busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

He's President of the country, perhaps he has more important things to be doing that talking to this gormless moron?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Priest of the 'Flying Spaghetti Monster' Pastifarians on now - surely he was queued for the LL show??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

He's President of the country, perhaps he has more important things to be doing that talking to this gormless moron?

As far as gormless morons are concerned, D'Arcy is actually on holidays at the moment.

As far as the Presidency is concerned, it's right up/down there with the usefulness of the job of a Senator.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

He doesn't do anything that is of any importance to any of us. He doesn't rock the boat, he does what he's told. The pretentious little mans social conscience disappeared when he moved into the big house, assuming he really had one in the first place. We don't need him, he's completely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

He doesn't do anything that is of any importance to any of us. He doesn't rock the boat, he does what he's told. The pretentious little mans social conscience disappeared when he moved into the big house, assuming he really had one in the first place. We don't need him, he's completely useless.

D'Arcy or Higgins?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,419 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That's the job description James, what do you want the lad to do .

A referee controls a football match. That's his job description.

He doesn't take a flake at the ball if it comes his way?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Looks like Kathryn has pulled. Good start to the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Looks like Kathryn has pulled. Good start to the weekend.
    What's she at with the american accent?
    Nathan Caaawwwwrder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,401 ✭✭✭goochy

Missed today's show - Kathryn already had boyfriend - was Nathan flirting with her ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

goochy wrote: »
    Missed today's show - Kathryn already had boyfriend - was Nathan flirting with her ?

Well if he was flirting it would have been with Darcy and not Kathryn.
    She's not his type.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement