Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Does Ray consider the lotto as gambling? The bits I heard it was nearly like an outside broadcast from the lotto headquarters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

ONE euro for soup in RTE ?! (chive and corriander or some such bollocks)

WTF.

are we subsidising this shyte or something ?

its a bleeding fiver in o briens and the like. with an average wage packet of 56k a year in montrose they can charge the bastards more.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

"My da was away on duty but there was no Skype back then"

Like Ray would have been able to us it had it been available.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Miranda told Ray he needs to go on more holidays.

She's obviously not familiar with the holiday rostering arrangements in RTE.

That upswing song is terrible. D'Arcy must be the only one who likes it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Miranda told Ray he needs to go on more holidays.

She's obviously not familiar with the holiday rostering arrangements in RTE.

She must have been appraised of it very quickly, withdrew the suggestion almost immediately.

Heard Ray going on about his €1 bowl of fancy soup, why on earth was he sharing that on the airwaves?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭goochy

Ray said he liked some medical journalists columns cause she agreed with him on things - shouldn't it be the other way around that he likes her as he agrees with what she writes ?? Is this ray losing the run of himself aaas usual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Red Fred

BarryD wrote: »

Heard Ray going on about his €1 bowl of fancy soup, why on earth was he sharing that on the airwaves?

Is he still going on about the RTE soup? That was his opening rant on his first show when he returned to Montrose. He then started a campaign to have it reduced from €1.02 (I think it was) to €1, presumably followed by a campaign to have An Nuacht removed from the 3.30p.m. slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,341 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ever hear of XE.com Ray to translate the currencies for Irish listeners so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Anti gambling Ray promoting the Lotto, again.

• Advertisement

Ever hear of XE.com Ray to translate the currencies for Irish listeners so to speak?

Pat Kenny used to be able to do that is his head. "yeaaassss.. that books is 5 pounds sterling, so that would be about 6 euro and 54.23456 cent"

More sh1te talk from Ray.

Paawwwrshy. Can anyoue pronounce the letter T anymore?

And ..And she's been this
    And ..And.. And... she's been that.
    And.. And ..And ... then she did this.

Will you ask a proper f**king question?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,422 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

sligojoek wrote: »
    Paawwwrshy. Can anyoue pronounce the letter T anymore?

Not in Dublin anyway, they don'th seem to have the abilithy to enunciath that letther.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Listening again today and Ray is on about shoes, ditto yesterday - I think he must be a bit of a dandy as he goes on about clothes and shoes a fair bit. Doesn't seem to shop in the outlets that ordinary folk use though.........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

BarryD wrote: »
    Listening again today and Ray is on about shoes, ditto yesterday - I think he must be a bit of a dandy as he goes on about clothes and shoes a fair bit. Doesn't seem to shop in the outlets that ordinary folk use though.........

Harvey Nichols or House of Fraser, can't remember which I saw him in one day, he was very familiar with the place, no amount of clothes or shoes can improve that weird sad head of his

Are Pokemon giving RTE oney to do a bit of subliminal advertising? Sean O R and Tubberdy have been rabbiting on about it too..

Ray got such a kick about a place called Barking taking a stance on dogsh1t.
    Barking Ha Ha dogs. get it?. Barking ...dogs. ha ha ha.

Mad, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Are Pokemon giving RTE oney to do a bit of subliminal advertising? Sean O R and Tubberdy have been rabbiting on about it too..

Ray got such a kick about a place called Barking taking a stance on dogsh1t.
    Barking Ha Ha dogs. get it?. Barking ...dogs. ha ha ha.

Mad, isn't it?

"i dunno , i dunno......"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,872 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Something has struck me sez ray. Bit of an unfortunate choice of words ray given a truck was used.

• Advertisement

I suppose it's nice to see galway beating kilkenny at something.

GALWAY GIRL.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Ray always trying to play the common man

'We were in Canne a few years ago - well, we were staying in land, but drove down to Canne'

Christ but he thinks if we care if he blew some of his €500k pa on a fancy hotel in Canne

Ray still embarrassed to be seen to be enjoying anything better than a standard council house in Kildare

I'd say he needs the cash for a therapist

GALWAY GIRL.

Watch now ray probably thinks he's clever by playing galway girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Nice side step by George Hamilton, meets Ray, 'You're just back from the Eoros",
    And before Ray can invite him on the show George says.."And I'm on my way to Rio right now"...bye.

Probably in the copier room hiding..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ray studied psychology.

" I studied psycology. "

Nothing as pure as a reformed hoor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Ray studied psychology.

And Will is a barrister, does RTE only employ failures?

• Advertisement

"Ashamed to be Irish"

You know where the airport is, Ray.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement