Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

And does Ray honestly think that ANY of the TDs work less hours a week than him. usual D'Arcy populist bullsh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ray having a go at our underworked and overpaid politicians.

The irony.

Will I ring the BAI now, just to get it out of the way early?

"Your baby looks like the Michelin man. You'd better abort".

Great advice from our medical profession :rolleyes:

"How were you feeling through it all?" sez Ray, expecting her to say she felt like shyte.

"Never felt better", says his guest.

"Oh", sez Ray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

A dreadful experience, undoubtedly, and I'm not sure why, but I can't warm to this lady.

A dreadful experience, undoubtedly, and I'm not sure why, but I can't warm to this lady.

Now I know why I can't warm to her.

Now I know why I can't warm to her.

I admire her bravery. She's put her head above the parapet, while most people with her viewpoint would rather stay silent - in spite of the badgering from the obviously biased presenter.

Irish Gogglebox. Presumably they'll be watching endless repeats.

I admire her bravery. She's put her head above the parapet, while most people with her viewpoint would rather stay silent - in spite of the badgering from the obviously biased presenter.

Yeah, D'Arcy found it hard to accept her position, that's for sure. I imagine she was the lady that Cora Sherlock has been referring to for the last while.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 55 ✭✭Billy The Shiite Bag

Just tuned in. Lots of token laughs from the Ray. Who is this fella?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Jesus, Al Porter is about as funny as a terrorist attack.

Jesus, Al Porter is about as funny as a terrorist attack.

He's got all the subtlety of a sledgehammer. Brendan O'Caddle should give him a job for the next series of Mrs Brown's Boyiz.

• Site Banned Posts: 55 ✭✭Billy The Shiite Bag

Need heard of him. Fella from Tallaght doing a overhyped culchie routine.

He's no Bernard Manning.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Irish Gogglebox. Presumably they'll be watching endless repeats.

It's like the Irish version of "24 Hours in A&E" that had to be renamed "72 Hours in A&E"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Radio Silence @ 15:05

Ray plays a clip that does not air.

Laugh out loud, says Ray.

Strange sense of humour.

Strange man.

Funny to Ray D'Arcy and nobody else. Ray would have loved to have this guy on the show so that he could punch the dummy around the room while all the plebs cheer him on.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

D'Arcy is such a smart arse. Full of himself.

PauloMN wrote: »
    D'Arcy is such a smart arse. Full of himself.

D'Arcy did the same obfuscating when people asked him about how much he was being paid, or even when he was asked about taking over Brendan O'Connor's show. "It wasnt my idea"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭goochy

that feature about housing supposed to be funny ? I was loosing the will to live with Darcy . they don't know what percentage will be made of refurbishments or new builds - build a bridge and get over it !
    has Jenny left as producer as show seems to be getting even worst lately !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

goochy wrote: »
    that feature about housing supposed to be funny ? I was loosing the will to live with Darcy . they don't know what percentage will be made of refurbishments or new builds - build a bridge and get over it !
    has Jenny left as producer as show seems to be getting even worst lately !
    Ah now it was funny. Have a gawk
    https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/756395560509202434

There you go. RTE who are usually lecturing us about the lack of facilities for the disabled, and they have just trapped that poor man cos the lift is out of order. He's probably watching a DVD of Gaybo's Laughs Back until the maintenance man arrives.

snubbleste wrote: »

I think it tells you more about D'Arcy that he laughs at yer man's "incompetence" and then takes 30 seconds to actually play the clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭goochy

I haven't listened to it and maybe it was funny but Ray was so annoying and going on so much I couldn't be bothered to listen to it now.

how appropriate that they play a version of All Works Out that has the life completely sucked out of it on Ray D'Arcy's show.

They give away free porridge? D'Arcy will probably run down tomorrow morning instead of having to shell out that whole euro for the soup in the RTE canteen.

What is it about D'Arcy's liking for Irish navel-gazing bands? Must be a mutual-appreciation thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I just heard a bit at the start.

"Big round of applause for Eileen Dunne."

For what?? Reading the news headlines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

He is about as funny as a bad dose of scour. The man has absolutely no self awareness whatsoever, he's a parody of himself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement