Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

He was like a horny teenager during that, more innuendo and sexist comments than a year's worth of Viz comics. It was very funny - not for the right reasons of course, nor was it intentional. One thing it was was unprofessional.

OK... but what's that got to do with his radio show? :)

Maybe peoples problems with Ray are that they still associate him with Zig and Zag and childrens TV? Hmm.. maybe the shrinks would like to study this phenomenon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

BarryD wrote: »
    Nope, this is a radio thread! Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 :)

I presume there's another thread for his TV show (which I don't watch)!

Oops :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

You want some Muslim bashing?

Thanks for proving my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Agree re Pat - too much advertorial & fluffy material for my liking on Newstalk.

But Ray - 'LGBT, mental health issues, nasty Christians,islamiphobia, mysoginy, or sexism'???? Do you listen or maybe I miss a lot??

Ray tends to have a skeptical view of religion (does that equate to 'nasty Christians'). But he rarely covers gay issues and he's no misogynist and certainly not sexist. Is he worried about Muslims?? He doesn't need to make an effort to be liked. On the whole, I think he makes an honest effort even if he goes a bit heavy on the healthy living stuff from time to time.
    What I meant was that he supports all these issues, whether they exist or not.
    One day he interviewed the former rose of Tralee cant remember the girls name but she was a lesbian. No problem there. When interviewed she explained she had a strong Christian belief. Ray voiced his opinion that she must be offended by the churchs view on LGBT issues. She said she had discussed the issue with her local priest and that he and she were both happy withthe outcome. Ray expressed his ' offence on her behalf' , but then couldnt understand why she wasnt offended herself.
    This iss typical of his approach to most subjects. He seeks to impose his own views, irregardless of how the guest themselves feel
    The title of the show should really be
    Its all about Ray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Maybe he was empathising with her? Reflecting her views back through his own experience?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Maybe he was empathising with her? Reflecting her views back through his own experience?

The thing is, I dont think she wanted him to empathise with her. I know feck all about her, have no interest in the competition but she just seemed like a sound girl who wanted to get on with life and actually achieve something, rather than fight a battle that she might win, but would never bring resolution to the issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Do you think all the other RTE staffers roll their eyes every time he makes a mess like he just did, again? Must be a pretty big pool fund going there based on if he gets through a week without a cock up.

"I cant hear meself"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

He'll set the alarm to get up at midnight :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Red Fred

"I cant hear meself"

Count yourself lucky Ray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

This could be god. Ray hates the shinners more than joe Duffy does.

He's gay. He'll be grand.

sligojoek wrote: »
    He's gay. He'll be grand.

LOL, Ray asks him does he think part of the reason he was elected was because he was gay.

"To my shock, I was asked to be mayor. "

They you obviously dont realise that you were a pawn in Sinn Fein's game.

He's more fixated about gayness than Dereck Mooney and that's saying something.

"I've no intention of getting married"

And he went campaigning on the doorsteps for gay marriage. good man.

Funny how they talk about equality when The Seanad remains a symbol of inequality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

"I've no intention of getting married"

And he went campaigning on the doorsteps for gay marriage. good man.
    The campaign was to make it legal, not compulsory.

That's the problem of SF, that guy, as expected, was asked by Darcy about their role in the conflict up north. Guy doesn't really answer it and says he wasn't part of SF at the time. He must have an opinion on it given he joined the party. He's not a great speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

ThisRegard wrote: »
    That's the problem of SF, that guy, as expected, was asked by Darcy about their role in the conflict up north. Guy doesn't really answer it and says he wasn't part of SF at the time. He must have an opinion on it given he joined the party. He's not a great speaker.

Painful listening. Doesn't help that D'Arcy is such a hopeless interviewer with no ability to just ask a straight question without dithering his way into it.

• Advertisement

"I dont like being referred to as 'the media' ".

Hahahah... I'm sure the media wouldnt like to be represented by you either D'Arcy.

Oh dear, did nobody prep this guy. This is turning into car crash stuff.

The "You Knows" Cup Final:

Current score SF guy 16 Ray D'Arcy 14. Will go down to the wire this one.

Oh dear, did nobody prep this guy. This is turning into car crash stuff.

That's the medias fault, probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

These two sound like a couple on an awkward first date.

mikhail wrote: »
    The campaign was to make it legal, not compulsory.

He essentially said that he campaigned for something that he didnt believe in.

"I don't know much really".

That's pretty much what I took out of that.

"I don't know much really".

That's pretty much what I took out of that.

He'll go a long way.

He'll go a long way.

Clearly :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

He'll set the alarm to get up at midnight :rolleyes:

The audacity of the prick to have a sleeping pattern that involves normally being asleep at midnight! What a twat! You'd swear he was 50 with young kids or something the way he goes on.
    Funny how they talk about equality when The Seanad remains a symbol of inequality.

It truly boils my piss that I voted to retain the Seanad because I bought into the whole "We're gonna like, totez reform it guys!" bullsh*t.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement