Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

johnire wrote: »
    You're hilarious...it's actually worth posting a comment that remotely is criticism in order to get a response from you!!!!!

So you're admitting to being a troll?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

johnire wrote: »
    You're hilarious...it's actually worth posting a comment that remotely is criticism in order to get a response from you!!!!!

is the poster any worse than you and your buddies just waiting for every opportunity to have a go at D'arcy? every time he posts one of you cant help but 'respond'.

It's an open forum and gits bone is just as entitled as you or anyone else to post here.

Most 'hilarious' thing is the ridiculous chip you and the other chuckle brothers are festering. I cant think of anything more futile than listening to a radio show you don't like just so that you can have a go at d'arcy over and over again about the same things on an anonymous internet forum.

'michael weston' banned but his spirit lives on.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

digzy wrote: »
    Most 'hilarious' thing is the ridiculous chip you and the other chuckle brothers are festering. I cant think of anything more futile than listening to a radio show you don't like just so that you can have a go at d'arcy...

You've resorted to attacking the messengers care to declare your skin in the game?

Mine? €320 pa in licence fees (fees that go towards Rays salary)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭serfboard

sligojoek wrote: »
    Typical Spindo radio column. RTE bad.... Newstalk good.
    Yes, which is a derivation from the overall Communicorp/Indo mantra of public sector bad, private sector good.

There were two items from that review that stood out for me:
    it's hard to define what exactly he does as a broadcaster that couldn't be done, or isn't already being done, by others far less well-paid.
    Funny how they never thought to ask that question while he was at Today FM. :rolleyes:
    think how much right-wing US pundit Michael Graham's contributions to The Right Hook help set it apart from the competition
    They certainly do set it apart from the competition - because they're absolute poisonous sh1te, and any time I've heard them, I immediately switch over.

my friend wrote: »
    You've resorted to attacking the messengers care to declare your skin in the game?

You might point out where I "attacked" anyone please...I won't hold my breath;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

If you're using the "I have a right to complain because it's tax payers money" then there's a whole pile of other things you should concentrate on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

the other chuckle brothers are festering.....

And with that comment, you made the rest of your point, however valid or invalid it may be, fit for the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chun the Unavoidable

i listened to the entire of monday and friday's show and a bit of tuesday.

to me it is just ray being ray, which i imagine is exactly what RTE wanted. I feel he is a little bit lost on his own for the full show, he could do with a co-presenter and maybe a few more slots to fill in the time.

its perfectly acceptable mid afternoon drowse radio, he isnt as varied as moncrieff and it is better than mooney which i found grating towards the end, it was like the visit of the light entertainer to the nursing home.

I can understand how some posters who had a thing about his obsession with some topics on Today FM will have the same thing now, but you cant blame him for relying upon the old reliables for the first couple of weeks.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    And with that comment, you made the rest of your point, however valid or invalid it may be, fit for the bin.

perhaps bully boys would be more apt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

i listened to the entire of monday and friday's show and a bit of tuesday.

to me it is just ray being ray, which i imagine is exactly what RTE wanted. I feel he is a little bit lost on his own for the full show, he could do with a co-presenter and maybe a few more slots to fill in the time.

its perfectly acceptable mid afternoon drowse radio, he isnt as varied as moncrieff and it is better than mooney which i found grating towards the end, it was like the visit of the light entertainer to the nursing home.

I can understand how some posters who had a thing about his obsession with some topics on Today FM will have the same thing now, but you cant blame him for relying upon the old reliables for the first couple of weeks.
    That's the thing, though. It won't be for a couple of weeks, it will be the whole basis of his show in the future if his time on TodayFM is anything to go by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chun the Unavoidable

we'll find out i guess. perhaps he was treading water on today fm knowing he was leaving. i agree with those who felt that he was sounding tied and maybe even bored with how the morning show on today fm had gone, and so i am a bit surprised that he is relying upon those topics now however coming into a new environment - and there must have been a few frosty faces to greet him - can entice one into the shell so to speak.

on the other hand maybe these are the only things which energise him. if so then have someone else in with him to bounce ideas about. we just cant tell in this short space of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Some positivity from The Paper Of Record...

Ray of sunshine
    Coming in a slot that, during Derek Mooney’s tenure, had all the hard-hitting impact of a pillow fight, D’Arcy’s current-affairs candour is bracing – and highlights just how safe RTÉ’s big names have been playing things until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Ray has Teddy! Does Twink know?? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

This guy is very confusing, is he selling something??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

You might point out where I "attacked" anyone please...I won't hold my breath;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

"Skin in the game?" - What are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

BarryD wrote: »
    This guy is very confusing, is he selling something??

I missed the start so not really sure, what ever it is he has spent $2 mill on it.

I had 2 stents put in when I was 29, nearly had another heart attack when the insurance company refused to pay but they did in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭PIORUN

ah Galileo....classic Darcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Was kinda hoping for a heart attack towards the end of that interview. Nothing worse than someone learning a few stats and repeatedly throwing them out no matter what the opposing point/question is. It's like those awkward job interviews where it's clear the interviewee hasn't got a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Pretty pointless getting Conor Pope in to deal with that iPhone problem, if all he was gonna do was be bought off by Meteor (who obviously want the story off the radio)... Is he gonna bring everybody else's dodgy iPhones in and get the same deal for them?

• Advertisement

can we send Hosier to the eurovision?

"its more of a bum and tits show" ha, is he allowed say that on RTE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

He's gonna play the five full songs before half four.... ?

1 min each is it? everyone has to get the same time now

"its more of a bum and tits show" ha, is he allowed say that on RTE?

Why not, I wouldn't really be into the Eurovision stuff but I kinda think if we want to do anyway well, we need to play to our stereotype. So basically some sexy cailíns dancing in skimpy Irish dancing costumes and a bit of a ditty to go with it - a sexed up Riverdance.

1. not bad dunno if Eurovision material though
    2. too musically
    3. why are a load of foreigners trying to get in on the Irish ticket? have things gotten that bad
    4. all right, same as 4 except we have an Irish singer, sounds like the Melanie McCabe of Irish eurovision, if at first you don't succeed...loop....
    5. Probably the best of them IMO

we are fecked again this year

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

1. Rap. 'nuff said.
    2. Too slow and dreary. Not good enough as a ballad to stand a chance. She has a nice voice though.
    3. Nice, upbeat. A bit generic. Probably a grower that might do well with judges.
    4. Very shouty. Could do well live though. Hard to judge based on the snippet as there's very little room for it to build into the shouting.
    5. Generic. Very. Might win because it's a kid, but not really suitable IMO.

4 would be my winner, 3 a close second. 5 followed by 2 and 1 then.

All in all, don't really think any stand a credible chance. 4 might grow on me, but right now all are very weak in terms of Eurovision.

BarryD wrote: »
    Why not, I wouldn't really be into the Eurovision stuff but I kinda think if we want to do anyway well, we need to play to our stereotype. So basically some sexy cailíns dancing in skimpy Irish dancing costumes and a bit of diddy to go with it - a sexed up Riverdance.

fyp

Is that it? Picked, done & dusted?? If so, good stuff - you need to get that rubbish out of the way quickly :)

• Advertisement

am not really sure what the point of all that was. I think this was just a preview of the LLS that will be selecting them, it was all a bit rushed, squeezed into 15 minutes and quite disrespectful of the effort put in by all the artists I'm sure

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement