Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

neris wrote: »
    never mind dunphy what about wurkin class hero man o d people Joe Duffy and the 416k he squirrels away from rte plus the tax exempt money he earned from the book he plugged the bejaysus out of for nothing
    His buke really was the icing on the cake...

RTE probably has a hundred employees who could a good job on Live line, if he disappeared in the morning it would make no difference to RTE and their audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,423 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

His buke really was the icing on the cake...

RTE probably has a hundred employees who could a good job on Live line, if he disappeared in the morning it would make no difference to RTE and their audience.

Incorrect.

Name ten..... Name five......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Incorrect.

Is it that hard?

John Murray
    Cormac O'Hara
    Phil Of The Boucher Hayeses
    Brenda Donoghue actually no.
    Keelin Shanley
    Myles Dungan

Is it that hard?

John Murray
    Cormac O'Hara
    Phil Of The Boucher Hayeses
    Brenda Donoghue actually no.
    Keelin Shanley
    Myles Dungan

You takin the pee pee Pete!

:D

Incorrect.

No thanks, doubt if I could name 10 RTE employees off the top of my head, but feel free to name the RTE 1 broadcasters you think are worse than Joe Duffy.

Or at least tell me what you think is his unique talent that makes him one of the best paid broadcasters in the country? Anyone who takes over when he is away does a competent job at the very least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭bobbyss

No thanks, doubt if I could name 10 RTE employees off the top of my head, but feel free to name the RTE 1 broadcasters you think are worse than Joe Duffy.

Or at least tell me what you think is his unique talent that makes him one of the best paid broadcasters in the country? Anyone who takes over when he is away does a competent job at the very least.

Anybody in any local station could easily do what those RTE people do. I think Vincent Browne said, offer them ... £80,000 and if they refuse, let them fukc off. No real special skills or talent needed. Plenty of other competent people to take their place.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Would all the money the production company takes in be from RTE, or would there be income from other work such as voicing adverts, public appearances and the like I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

Dear God. The good news ****e on TV.

Was cringy enough on the radio.

Live tears from Darcy on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭kazamo

Good news Ray, your TV and Radio shows have been cancelled because you're brutal at both

• Registered Users Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Brutal interview here with John Boorman. Ray talking to him like he's a senile old codger and asking if he has Quentin Tarnation's phone number.

• Advertisement

Made some great movies.

Asking an 83 year old man is it wise to live alone ? WTF ?

Expect him to do ? Get a nurse ? Move in to an old folks home ?

Person saying they are having trouble finding Point Blank on DVD or BluRay.

A 2 second search on Amazon.......

Arghus wrote: »
    Brutal interview here with John Boorman. Ray talking to him like he's a senile old codger and asking if he has Quentin Tarnation's phone number.

Most awkward interviewer ever on any station.

Heard it and cringed.

Complete and utter rubbish.

Staccato delivery scanning prompt sheets and hoping some texts will get him a 'lead'

Totally unprofessional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

John Boorman loves trees, has planted 15000, he mentions trees communicate by hormones(AFAIR)
    D'Arcy follow-up question is "what's your favourite tree?" Then moves on to something totally unrelated. Scatter-gun questions. "Who'd play you in a bio-pic?" ("and how do you pronounce bio-pic") Overlooking Boorman's auto-biog films. So annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

D'Arcy's pay packet has been released. Wonder will he have anything to say about this story.

http://www.msn.com/en-ie/entertainment/tv/rte-broadcaster-ray-d%E2%80%99arcy-took-home-a-massive-pay-packet-in-2015/ar-BBw9gzA?li=BBr5KbJ

Isn't Darren Kelly his BFF & Best Man@his wedding & afaik was in once as he's a telly producer, can't think what show now.
    Heckler wrote: »
    Dear God. The good news ****e on TV.

Was cringy enough on the radio.

Live tears from Darcy on the way.

I heard that & had to keep it 'secret from us' in the end, it was that secret was it actually on, or did i miss it :confused:
    Most awkward interviewer ever on any station.

Heard it and cringed.

Complete and utter rubbish.

Staccato delivery scanning prompt sheets and hoping some texts will get him a 'lead'

Totally unprofessional.

Heard a better & professional interview with Anton this morning.

& the foreign guy at the start, was it Finland who was enquiring about a lost toy mascot & had asked how he was making sure how he
    pronounced it & when yer man pronounced it for him, Ray jumped down his throat, by saying "Oh Sorry me, for getting it wrong"
    What a prick!

After Ian Dempsey (& Dave Fanning) getting the Lifetime PPI award today, I wonder how he felt about that, considering Dave must have been telling people there!

It'll be a long time before Ray gets his :o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I as reading a sindo suppliment today. Will Hannafin did an article on "Hugge" And mentioned one of Ray's interviewees. There must be a book for sale.

sligojoek wrote: »
    I as reading a sindo suppliment today. Will Hannafin did an article on "Hugge" And mentioned one of Ray's interviewees. There must be a book for sale.

This must be what the "Hugge" is?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭bobbyss

After Ian Dempsey (& Dave Fanning) getting the Lifetime PPI award today, I wonder how he felt about that, considering Dave must have been telling people there!

It'll be a long time before Ray gets his :o

What is this Lifetime award exactly do you know? Does it actually mean anything? Dave Fanning! The most annoying man on radio. Gets an award for what?

The words blow/own/ trumpet comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,362 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

bobbyss wrote: »
    What is this Lifetime award exactly do you know? Does it actually mean anything? Dave Fanning! The most annoying man on radio. Gets an award for what?

The words blow/own/ trumpet comes to mind.

Just 'cos you can't keep up ;-)

• Advertisement

every week the same thing, how many times do they have to tell Conor Pope not to bring his phone in to the studio. And then he gets all offended saying that it wasnt him.

every week the same thing, how many times do they have to tell Conor Pope not to bring his phone in to the studio. And then he gets all offended saying that it wasnt him.

As well as Ray pressing the wrong buttons every day, he knows to press the wrong one's on Conor :rolleyes:

So it turns out that the Ray D'Arcy Saturday Night Show wasnt really that bad, we just weren't watching it right.

http://www.kildarenow.com/news/kildare-man-ray-most-of-the-criticism-of-new-show-wasnt-justified-at-all/118089

So it turns out that the Ray D'Arcy Saturday Night Show wasnt really that bad, we just weren't watching it right.

http://www.kildarenow.com/news/kildare-man-ray-most-of-the-criticism-of-new-show-wasnt-justified-at-all/118089
    "But I suppose people need something to criticise and last year I was getting a good bit of it. Some of it was justified, most of it wasn't at all. "

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bm_1212

sounds like a 'divarsion' to me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

"But I suppose people need something to criticise and last year I was getting a good bit of it. Some of it was justified, most of it wasn't at all. "
    He has to be taking the PI55 surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,362 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

He has to be taking the PI55 surely.

Wish he was taking the P45.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

The best bit comes as he addresses criticism - 'I'm over it - I'm tough-skinned.'

Lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I always thought Ray and Jenny were the most famous couple in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭kazamo

Poor Angelina Jolie
    She had to go through the Brac1 thing

It's like Alan Partridge and David Brent had a love child and Ray was the result

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement