Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

He certainly got a two fingers from the women of Ireland about breastfeeding anyway.

It was her gut feeling that told her that she wouldn't be able to go partying Friday-Sunday if she had a baby.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Tom, Jenny, the dog, the Irish Times, breastfeeding.
    Going for the full house today.

He is an insufferable bore

And then implying the low rate of breastfeeding could be due to the Catholic Churches influence, though a texter pulled him up on that.

I would say D'Aracy would love to blame everything on the church.

Complete muppet

He certainly got a two fingers from the women of Ireland about breastfeeding anyway.

And rightly so.

Pontificating as usual about something he knows nothing about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Still can't believe they got rid of Brendan O Connor for Ray, he's more suited to Dustin and zuppy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

My mother only mentioned to me today, that she found him very odd and not very manly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

He not only sneaked back into RTE himself,but he also dragged his wife and Will Hanafin in also.:o:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

He not only sneaked back into RTE himself,but he also dragged his wife and Will Hanafin in also.:o:eek:

And don't forget Arthur Murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

liam7831 wrote: »
    And don't forget Arthur Murphy

Correct,I had forgotten about good old email bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Correct,I had forgotten about good old email bag.
    That's some load of horsesh1t too. If I ever leave Darcy on that long I go for the off button or change the channel as soon as that nonsense starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Darcy having a pop at Enda Kenny (yet again) this time in relation to suicide numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Am I recalling rightly that Ray called people who died by suicide "selfish" before he realised what public opinion was on the subject?

Why in god's name does he had that thing at the start with playing the start of three songs before invariably playing the worst one. I thought initially it was an audience vote, but no, it's a vote between him and all his pals in the studio. What is the f**king point? Is the trying to ostracize his audience?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Why in god's name does he had that thing at the start with playing the start of three songs before invariably playing the worst one. I thought initially it was an audience vote, but no, it's a vote between him and all his pals in the studio. What is the f**king point? Is the trying to ostracize his audience?

Yep.

A pointless and cliquey segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

no ray most of us still eat spuds.

just cause you D4 types have gone nuts on couscous doesnt mean the rest of us have lost the plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Poor Rick Stein will have to listen to Ray spouting about him being Jenny's no strings ...
    Think I'll text to remind him ....

Irish Times.
    Breastfeeding.

The most popular spud in Ireland.

He just read my text ...

Poor Rick Stein will have to listen to Ray spouting about him being Jenny's no strings ...
    Good call.

Ray. If I want to put butter on chips or roast spuds, I will. None of your effing business.

• Advertisement

Darcy also claims that Tom thinks Darcy looks like Rick Stein.

New glasses for Tom!

More Youtube on the Radio from Darcy.

Jaysus man, it doesn't work!

I'm only waiting for Ray to say that when Jenny was away, he breastfeed the children himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Lolamontez

I'm only waiting for Ray to say that when Jenny was away, he breastfeed the children himself.

This topic is Ray's new daily favourite..ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Lolamontez wrote: »
    This topic is Ray's new daily favourite..ffs

National Breastfeeding Week

National No Sugar Week next :cool:

Rays interview with Mattress Mick is exactly the same as Anton Savage's yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Ray, about an hour ago;
    "It could be anywhere on eath; The Sahara, The Taj Mahal, the Moon"

Those breastfeeding smug biddies really annoying.

My kids are teens now but I remember even back when they wee born women were nearly being bullied into breast feeding in Holles st.

Its not for everyone and the kid is going to thrive no matter how he is fed.

So enough of the hysterical nonsense.

Three of mine were bottle fed and one was breast fed. No difference between him and any of the others.

A neighbour of mine that I know fr 10 years recently befriended me on FB. 3/4 of her stuff on there is arguing with people and telling them to breastfeed. She breastfed her own. That's fine. She should keep her nose out of other peoples' business after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

I caught the end of the breastfeeding item in the car. He called one of the women by the wrong name throughout the whole interview. He realised right at the end and said to her 'have I been calling you the wrong name all along?'. The poor woman says 'yes but I just thought I'd let it go'. He then blamed sleep deprevation cause he was up with the children all night. How unprofessional he is! And surely his producer should have picked up on that the first time he did it...or maybe she was sleep deprived too since they live in the same house!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement