Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Back to mental health next week, its at least 48hrs since he mentioned it

I caught the end of the breastfeeding item in the car. He called one of the women by the wrong name throughout the whole interview. He realised right at the end and said to her 'have I been calling you the wrong name all along?'. The poor woman says 'yes but I just thought I'd let it go'. He then blamed sleep deprevation cause he was up with the children all night. How unprofessional he is! And surely his producer should have picked up on that the first time he did it...or maybe she was sleep deprived too since they live in the same house!

He s such an idiot.Plus his kids are not infants and he doesn't even have to get up early for a regular job in the morning, so why is he sleep deprived. Geriatric more like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

He s such an idiot.Plus his kids are not infants and he doesn't even have to get up early for a regular job in the morning, so why is he sleep deprived. Geriatric more like

Prob had to get up to soak his porridge

sligojoek wrote: »
    Three of mine were bottle fed and one was breast fed. No difference between him and any of the others.

A neighbour of mine that I know fr 10 years recently befriended me on FB. 3/4 of her stuff on there is arguing with people and telling them to breastfeed. She breastfed her own. That's fine. She should keep her nose out of other peoples' business after that.

Oh she's one of the breastfeeding mafia. I had a work colleague like that. One of the earth mother hippie types. Went around preaching to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Porridge week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

National porridge week...Ray very excited and is giving a different porridge recipe each day...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

His porridge recipe does sound tasty in fairness.

National porridge week...Ray very excited and is giving a different porridge recipe each day...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Porridge
    Nutmeg
    Cinnamon
    Honey
    Strawberries
    Blueberries
    Walnuts
    yummm, yumm

Was Paul O Connell not on the late late show, RT really are starved for guests..

• Advertisement

Was Paul O Connell not on the late late show, RT really are starved for guests..

I never really got the hysteria about O'Connell as a person.

He seems to come across as a bit boring when interviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Standing in a shop listening to Ray D'Arcy asking what do you do if you Cum upon photographs, what sorta show is he doing these days lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

"Are you there? Are you there?" There's something always fitting, I find, about a disconnected line during an interview on the Ray D'Arcy show. Just adds to the "you know, you know", "yeah yeah yeah" chaos of it all.

Porridge
    Nutmeg
    Cinnamon
    Honey
    Strawberries
    Blueberries
    Walnuts
    yummm, yumm

With an egg on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

padd b1975 wrote: »
    I never really got the hysteria about O'Connell as a person.

He seems to come across as a bit boring when interviewed.

Couldn't agree. Not much of a rugby guy, but I could listen to PO'C for hours and it's the first rugby book I'll be tempted to read in yonks. If you want a load of old rugby yarns and tales of dressing room banter, he's probably not your man alright. But if you want an insight into elite sport and what it takes to be the best of the best, then I doubt you could find anyone better. Funny, I don't think I ever heard anybody say Brian O'Driscoll was boring even though I can't recall him ever saying anything interesting in his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I heard the ad for porridge week yesterday.

I said to herself that it was 100% guaranteed D'Arcy would mention it on his show and tell us how he eats his porridge so I decided to listen to the show today and fair play to Ray, he didnt disappoint!

I did like the Peter Hook interview, was a good listen.

Couldn't agree. Not much of a rugby guy, but I could listen to PO'C for hours and it's the first rugby book I'll be tempted to read in yonks. If you want a load of old rugby yarns and tales of dressing room banter, he's probably not your man alright. But if you want an insight into elite sport and what it takes to be the best of the best, then I doubt you could find anyone better. Funny, I don't think I ever heard anybody say Brian O'Driscoll was boring even though I can't recall him ever saying anything interesting in his life.

Maybe it's the monotone voice that does it for me.
    I'll probably give the book a read at some stage, although I definitely think he's overdoing it on the shill interviews-he's on OTB shortly so he'll have to reveal another couple of titbits there.

I wonder will it be worth my while buying the bloody thing!

The sugar tax will make Ray a very happy man..

• Registered Users Posts: 68,664 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The sugar tax will make Ray a very happy man..

More likely he'll be moaning its delayed until 2018. And talk about porridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

ray going mental about HIM fuking up.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

We don't give a flyin fook about your computer...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

"I want a world where things are easier"..... like radio studio controls Ray?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Ray sounds you need to talk to Joe. You just missed him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

All is revealed - why Ray has trouble with the buttons. He can't type and he can't use a PC. Pointless giving out it here I suppose, since he won't be able to read it ;)

He had to get a man out from a computer shop to install an external HDD for him. I've a 10 year old son that can do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭mountain

And he told everyone that he works 9-5 as well....

ya right!

sorry but when he was telling the story about the granny in the hospice wanting to say goodbye to the horse and they brought it in ALL i could think of was her seeing it and going

"howareya horse"

oddly enough luv its the other way around in terms of how ray gets paid.

four zeros AFTER the 25

Go raibh Maith agat , Peadar. Ah Pauric Lodge.

• Advertisement

Leitrim. Will Ray ask him about the Dromahair bear?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement