Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Apology from D'Arcy- at least he didn't get Phillip Seymour Hayes to read it out and skip for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Ha, ha.

An apology from Ray.

There must have been a cool reception for him from the reported in the RTE canteen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

BPKS wrote: »
    Ha, ha. An apology from Ray. There must have been a cool reception for him from the reported in the RTE canteen.

I thought him apologising to "Joe". Was he apologise to Joe Duffy or did I hear it wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

You have to laugh at RTE. A presenter can insult anyone outside of the bubble, with no problem at all. Think Darcy with Enda Kenny or Duffy with Michael O'Leary or Brazilian police.

But Darcy makes a crack at the expense of another RTE person, and he has to apologise on air!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

What happened? I missed the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

I thought him apologising to "Joe". Was he apologise to Joe Duffy or did I hear it wrong?

Ya he slagged off joes buuk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

sligojoek wrote: »
    What happened? I missed the start.

Apparantly, Joe Mac Raollaigh was covering the bus strike talks, and had been awake for 28 hours. Darcy said he sounded drunk on air. Today he had to apologise.

This interview is car crash, Ray and the fake laughing is unreal

When did Bon Jovi spit up? 2013 or 2003, was it?

Up early researching as usual.

Apparantly, Joe Mac Raollaigh was covering the bus strike talks, and had been awake for 28 hours. Darcy said he sounded drunk on air. Today he had to apologise.
    At least he made the apology himself. Not like some I could mention.

• Advertisement

Oh jeez not Donnacha AGAIN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Why is this chap boasting his story on the radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭kazamo

I could have been sitting in that chair Ray.

Not short of confidence anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭bobbyss

That lady who gives the DIY advice. I've never been sure about her at all. She had no answer really to how to get oil off cobble lock driveway. She said go to Woodies and get something. That's really all. She would have been much wiser to say:I don't know '.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭mountain

The definition of when an apology isn't really an apology...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,423 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Heh heh heh, how any reporter could be awake for 28 hours covering that stuff beggars belief.

What a load of absolute bulldust.

I shudder to think what his overtime bill is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,423 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

:oc
    sligojoek wrote: »
    I shudder to think what his overtime bill is like.

I shudder to think I am paying it.

Oh right, I was wondering what that was about. tbh, if Joe Mac Raollaigh wanted an apology for that, then it's pretty pathetic. He really must have very little to worry about. I was just thinking can you imagine the internal battle that must have gone on in RTE for the past few weeks, trying to get the most pious man in Ireland to get down off his high horse and apologise.

Oh right, I was wondering what that was about. tbh, if Joe Mac Raollaigh wanted an apology for that, then it's pretty pathetic. He really must have very little to worry about. I was just thinking can you imagine the internal battle that must have gone on in RTE for the past few weeks, trying to get the most pious man in Ireland to get down off his high horse and apologise.

Ya good point, I'd say they basically made him do it which is hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭griffin100

It depends really, someone you respect / admire takes the piss out of you, that's grand. A short arsed prick with an inflated sense of self importance makes a snotty comment about your professionalism - go after him as much as you can.

griffin100 wrote: »
    It depends really, someone you respect / admire takes the piss out of you, that's grand. A short arsed prick with an inflated sense of self importance makes a snotty comment about your professionalism - go after him as much as you can.

Well I was thinking that. It must have been someone waiting in the long grass for D'Arcy. I'd say the Nuacht team would love a opportunity to get one over on D'Arcy. Or the sports team that broadcast from Cheltenham, their jobs must be much more difficult given that D'Arcy doesnt want to be seen to support gambling (although he doesnt seem to have a problem with Lotto contributing to his wages through advertisements on his show). Or some of the union crowd in RTE that D'Arcy p1ssed off when he joined and brought his whole team with him. The list is getting long.

How long is it since that Joe Mag Raollaigh broadcast, cos this argument must have been rumbling on internally on since that day? I wonder did they have legal teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

porridge

interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

porridge

interesting

Very

Ray cried... cos he thought that would be the popular thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

for gods sake:rolleyes:

It's always about Ray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Why? Did he hear there was a shortage of porridge coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

You cynic :pac:
    One of my 80s anthems on now.. Gosh I'm feeling old!

• Advertisement

Not listening. Is he a Munster fan again?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement