Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

This Connors chap is doing a lot of damage to the image of Travellers.

Probably undone all his hashtag stuff about cultural status.

Descended from the Gaelic kings - did you ever hear such self serving rubbish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

RobertKK wrote: »
    Mr Nally was terrorised on his property by travellers, it was ongoing intimidation.

I'd be guessing that if there was a popular vote on this, that the vast majority of Irish people would support Nally in his actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

oppression ffs:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 82,343 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Where did the tradition of bare knuckle boxing for vast sums of cash come from? I never remember it being in the media growing up 20 years ago.

smash up the place????:pac:

• Advertisement
    M

The ERU went on to trawlers in Howth a couple of weeks ago looking for illegal migrant workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The clampers would remove them and charge them a lot of money to get their caravans back.

M

Why would he not just use AirBnB and rent out a house like any normal person?

well done :o

That was a bit of a car crash pile up.

• Advertisement

I hope he comes on everyday what a spokesman

I hope he comes on everyday what a spokesman

I hope Padraig Nally was not listening, still being intimidated by accusing him of murderer.
    John Frog Ward was a lovely man with only 80 convictions to his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Where did the tradition of bare knuckle boxing for vast sums of cash come from? I never remember it being in the media growing up 20 years ago.

It is a symptom of their degraded and debased so called culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

I don't think the person he killed was a huge loss to society for what he was doing to vulnerable people.

Just another dead violent psychopath, no loss at all. Anyone who preys on vulnerable people is the lowest of the low, dirt, they deserve no rights. Of course the likes of Darcy who live completely insulated and protected from the kind of crime dished out by the likes of them can be self righteously right-on because it will never affect them. If you live by the sword you should be prepared to die by it, simple as that. Fair play to Nally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Just had a listen to the podcast. It's been cut, at 8:45, presumably they removed the reference to Nally.

I agree with the above statement that he is doing a lot of damage to the opinion of Travellers. But I think it is good that he is speaking out. Because instead of the polished and choreographed presentation of Martin Collins (Pavey Point), we actually get a true feel for how the average Traveller feels. i.e. .. -

- the sense of entitlement,
    - the sense that the state should move everything to faciliate their nomadic life.
    - the sense that settled community is to blame for everything,
    - the sense that the Travellers themselves have NO responsibility at all for improving their lot.
    - the complete unwillingness to try to adopt to changing technology.

and most damning

- the feeling that Frog Ward didnt really do anything wrong,

Just had a listen to the podcast. It's been cut, at 8:45, presumably they removed the reference to Nally.

I agree with the above statement that he is doing a lot of damage to the opinion of Travellers. But I think it is good that he is speaking out. Because instead of the polished and choreographed presentation of Martin Collins (Pavey Point), we actually get a true feel for how the average Traveller feels. i.e. .. -

- the sense of entitlement,
    - the sense that the state should move everything to faciliate their nomadic life.
    - the sense that settled community is to blame for everything,
    - the sense that the Travellers themselves have NO responsibility at all for improving their lot.
    - the complete unwillingness to try to adopt to changing technology.

and most damning

- the feeling that Frog Ward didnt really do anything wrong,

As I said if this is the best they can put forward so be it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I hope Padraig Nally was not listening, still being intimidated by accusing him of murderer.
    John Frog Ward was a lovely man with only 80 convictions to his name.

That he was caught for.

I was talking to a detective shortly after Ward was shot and he told me there was any amount of stuff they knew he did but they couoldn't pin it on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Ray starting off with running and the Lidl ad that made him cry ffs....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Any chance of you mentioning George Hook handing you your AR5E on Saturday night Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

And people wonder why they splash out such huge sums on making these crumby ads.

• Advertisement

Ray starting off with running and the Lidl ad that made him cry ffs....

haven't listened to D'arcy or watched him for months thankfully (due to working) .... except for last Saturday night.

Is he turning into a woman or what?? He spoke to Mairead Farrell for half an hour about pregnancy, labour, giving birth and breast feeding FFS!! I realise they are incestuously close friends and worked together for years but if they wanted to catch up on stuff like this why don't they just ring each other ?

What makes Ray D'arcy think we actually care - talk about waste of time and space! Why is he allowed run with his agenda ? He is such a poor presenter and an even worse interviewer. As G Hook says "I thought part of your job was to listen"...... ass handed to him on a plate is right! (and Tubridy the night before!)

I must get out next weekend :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Any chance of you mentioning George Hook handing you your AR5E on Saturday night Ray.

Doors tell. I missed that---deliberately I may say. Would it be worth watching on the player ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Doors tell. I missed that---deliberately I may say. Would it be worth watching on the player ?

Without doubt, his buffoonery and childlike arguments laid bare.

D'Arcy spent the first 15 mins on about running in the phoenix park and PLAYING TV ADS ON THE RADIO !!!.
    Does he think the people of Ireland still only have 2 stations. Crying at a Christmas ad,ya fukin idiot. And as for crying at Irelands fittest family. :(. Probably cos he's not in it.
    500 k...for this Crap

Without doubt, his buffoonery and childlike arguments laid bare.

Just watched it. Buffoon in action indeed..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Ya it's a must on how not to conduct an interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Just watched it. Buffoon in action indeed..

Had a look at it myself, George molested him and all Ray had to offer was a simpleton smile. At one stage he mentioned how he saw graffiti saying Muslims out with a swastika on it, as if it was representative of the entire American electorate who voted for Trump. Uninformed overrated and a waste of taxpayers money.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Lorne Malvo

George said he (Ray) was pathetic...

Not fit to interview z lister eatenders actors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,423 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Found out, I say, found out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement