Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

George said he (Ray) was pathetic...

The old phrase savaging a dead sheep came to mind throughout that interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Not fit to interview z lister eatenders actors.
    In fairness, He'd be at home there. Eastenders actors spend most of their time crying too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Found out, I say, found out.

Is that you Fred?

C_71_article_1421038_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

all through the discussion on christmas ads discussion all i could think of was this.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Hopefully Dustin savages him:D

• Advertisement

This is a good news story about a child that got locked in a washing machine.

Presumably social services have stepped in.

why ??

Are we supposed to feel sorry for Catherine Nevin?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

this is whats wrong with the prison system

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Looking at the size of their detached home on the news last they would not need them, this was about a child locked in a dryer and they did not look for anything, it was about how the dog saved the child, great outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Ray honours Leonard Cohen today by playing Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah

• Registered Users Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I thought that, what an idiot.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I thought that, what an idiot.

I'm thinking it was deliberate .....which makes it even worse. He doesn't like Leonard Cohen .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Even if he had picked the highest version in the charts it would have been Leonard. Instead he goes for number 28!

Ah come on, jeff buckley's Hallelujah is in itself a tribute to Leonard Cohen's songwriting genius, nothing wrong with playing that version of it. Think Sean O'Rourke played a cover version on his show last week too. Perfectly acceptable in my book.

Ray is still an idiot, though. That much is beyond doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

O'Rourkes was a live version by the Whileaways as they were in the studio which is fair enough.
    Dustin had a nice go at Ray about his 500k salary.

O'Rourkes was a live version by the Whileaways as they were in the studio which is fair enough.

Yeah, fair point alright. Must catch up on Dusty later, never get tired of his humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Its funny how if Dustin is on Today FM he will slag whoever is hosting and Ray. Today he only slagged Ray, no slagging Ian Dempsey or Anton Savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Only heard the first few minutes today...thank fook. The dope still playing TV ads on the radio.
    To make things wurser I have to pay my TV licence tomorrow. Hope the porridge he buys with my €160 chokes him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

To be fair, Cohen's version is a bit sh*te.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Ah piss off Ray, with your mickey mouse photo app app.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

WTF is this ?

jays lads i think the mans lost the plot now.

trump seems to have done him in.

Why is Ray playing this. The time he sang out of key. How mean spirited is that? Play back a few of your own f**king mistakes Ray, I'd say you have a fair sized backlog at this stage.

Don't know who that guy doing Hallelujah is, but it was fcking awful. Sounded like he was half getting carried away, half taking the p!ss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 GottaLaugh

Sean Penn gets a taxi. Didn't want a selfie because of social media so the taxi driver calls up Ray to detail his movements.

Ray - what ages are his children?

Woeful chatter. Equivalent to listening to a dyslexic person skim reading Sean Penn's wikipedia page.

What was he before an astronaut, a ringmaster I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

GottaLaugh wrote: »
    Sean Penn gets a taxi. Didn't want a selfie because of social media so the taxi driver calls up Ray to detail his movements.

Ray - what ages are his children?

Woeful chatter. Equivalent to listening to a dyslexic person skim reading Sean Penn's wikipedia page.

That's what Ray does best though in fairness, inane rubbish.

Why is Ray playing this. The time he sang out of key. How mean spirited is that? Play back a few of your own f**king mistakes Ray, I'd say you have a fair sized backlog at this stage.[/QUOTE]

He doesn't need to play them back, he makes fresh mistakes every day

He doesn't need to play them back, he makes fresh mistakes every day

And as it happened, it turned out that RTE wanted to cut George Murphy short because THEY had messed up their timing on the ad breaks. I remember at the time that it was described as him being nervous.

If they were being fair to him they should have said "Look, we got caught for time in the show, and we asked George to cut his song, that is why he went a little bit wrong. We didnt ask ANY of the other contestants to do this, which is why they did not make any mistakes." And I think he was actually voted off that night. Is it too late to say that RTE are a disgrace?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

And as it happened, it turned out that RTE wanted to cut George Murphy short because THEY had messed up their timing on the ad breaks. I remember at the time that it was described as him being nervous.

If they were being fair to him they should have said "Look, we got caught for time in the show, and we asked George to cut his song, that is why he went a little bit wrong. We didnt ask ANY of the other contestants to do this, which is why they did not make any mistakes." And I think he was actually voted off that night. Is it too late to say that RTE are a disgrace?

Ok George, long time ago, time to move on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement