Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Just looking at the RTE website today. Can't think that Mr Ray "Crusade Against Sugar" D'Arcy will be happy with it. I wonder will he carry out some sort of protest the same pious way that he does with Cheltenham/gambling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I mean no offence to it, if it does good that's fine...but does Operation Transformation ever end? I can't even remember the last series finishing...but they're already talking about the next one. Do they have to keep it going all year long because otherwise Kathryn Thomas would have nothing to do or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Any mention of the million pound drop challenge when he was talking about operation transformation. In the middle of November surely we must be close to the target now

Any mention of the million pound drop challenge when he was talking about operation transformation. In the middle of November surely we must be close to the target now

They succeeded in the million pound drop challenge. They gave Ray an advance on his wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I mean no offence to it, if it does good that's fine...but does Operation Transformation ever end? I can't even remember the last series finishing...but they're already talking about the next one. Do they have to keep it going all year long because otherwise Kathryn Thomas would have nothing to do or something?

I don't watch that programme as I don't like that Thomas one. But you are right. I would be vaguely aware that they are always talking about that bloody programme. It seems to be always there like a big black cloud in the distance. Same goes for that fittest family programme thing. I bet you Ray was talking to all of those and their pet dogs as well. That's about where he is at. Just promoting programmes and friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Eat less, exercise more. No mystery to losing weight at all, it's easy if you make two simple lifestyle changes. How RTE can squeeze so much airtime out of such a simple concept is baffling. I suppose some attention seeker types need some sort of feel good, happy clappy movement to belong to in order to loose weight.. That and it fills up RTEs schedule with fat people in lycra.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,423 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Eat less, exercise more. No mystery to losing weight at all, it's easy if you make two simple lifestyle changes. How RTE can squeeze so much airtime out of such a simple concept is baffling. I suppose some attention seeker types need some sort of feel good, happy clappy movement to belong to in order to loose weight.. That and it fills up RTEs schedule with fat people in lycra.

Excellent take there James, you just missed out one thing.

It keeps various Z-listers in pecuniary stability, both as participants and 'presenters' and feeds to the voracious appetite of the 'great unwashed' for the vacuous 'reality' crap they seem to love so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I'd say it was far too ambitious, was only up to 100K or so last I heard & that was during the Celebrity OT. Am guessing we won't here mention of it this year unless they want to extent the target time to 10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Excellent take there James, you just missed out one thing.

It keeps various Z-listers in pecuniary stability, both as participants and 'presenters' and feeds to the voracious appetite of the 'great unwashed' for the vacuous 'reality' crap they seem to love so much.

True, but I'm sure people don't tune in just to see Karl Spain for example. I'm convinced the main reason it's viewers tune in just to see fat people stuffed into Lycra. There is a certain voyeur element that permeates the whole thing. Fat people in Lycra juxtaposed with Kathryn Thomas dressed like she is off to the Oscars.. It is all rather bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,423 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

True, but I'm sure people don't tune in just to see Karl Spain for example. I'm convinced the main reason it's viewers tune in just to see fat people stuffed into Lycra. There is a certain voyeur element that permeates the whole thing. Fat people in Lycra juxtaposed with Kathryn Thomas dressed like she is off to the Oscars.. It is all rather bizarre.

Hmmmm a visit to most Shopping Centres would satisfy that er...element!

Some amazing sights to be seen I tells ya.

• Advertisement

Fat people in Lycra juxtaposed with Kathryn Thomas dressed like she is off to the Oscars.. It is all rather bizarre.

I heard Karl Henry justifying it on the basis that you can see the person's shape change as they lose weight. And that Elaine Crowley was a perfect example of this as you could see her waistline getting smaller. But I can't shake the feeling that this reason is a bit disingenuous. I think the producers would probably pull out if they got rid of the lycra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Sorry has Brian Cox been on yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Sorry has Brian Cox been on yet ?

Nope

No not out of nowhere Ray you f*cking plonker ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

What's infinity?

Yes how not to think like the BBC/NYT/CNN globalists want you to think ...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

A show about cooking christmas dinner. In November!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

A show about cooking christmas dinner. In November!
    Of course...makes great radio, listening to 24 people cooking!!

Next, it's 5000 runners doing a 5k run with Ray introducing them all one by one..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Ray: Agus anois an nuacht le Peadar Ó Cualáin
    Léitheoir: Go raibh maith agat a Ray, seo an nuacht le Máire Áine Ní ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

The laugh on Yer Wan!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

You tube on the radio. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I've a pain in me hole with this idiot shoving operation transformation down my neck. Seems if it doesn't interest him it doesn't get on the show.

I'd love to know what Usain Bolt think's of Ray D'Arcy's TV presenting

You have to switch the computer on, Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Just heard ray reading out a list of the top 5 shows his listeners want remade. Dallas was on the list. If you want it remade why didnt you watch it a few years back when they actually remade it.

Also its kates 10th birthday. Suprised he didn't take the day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Just heard ray reading out a list of the top 5 shows his listeners want remade. Dallas was on the list. If you want it remade why didnt you watch it a few years back when they actually remade it.

Also its kates 10th birthday. Suprised he didn't take the day off.

If I had a tenner for every mention of his family (including dogs) I'd be singing!

Any chance that somebody in RTE saw the show on Saturday night and gave him his P45. If he doesn't get his marching orders after that show then he never will.

Any chance that somebody in RTE saw the show on Saturday night and gave him his P45. If he doesn't get his marching orders after that show then he never will.
    No, Ray said if the pope ever announced he was coming to Ireland, he'd leave the country....

No, Ray said if the pope ever announced he was coming to Ireland, he'd leave the country....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

oh what did he do Peter? Same as Duffy then, make a balls up, take a few days off and hope everyone will forget

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement