Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

John Bishop sounds like he's slurring his words - is that just the way he talks or what?

most boring interview ever !

Heard that alright, he was like a man after a good few pints. Then again I suppose you couldn't blame a fella for skullin a few scoops before going on Ray Darcys show. Rays fake laughing was off the charts.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Oh great. An extended Lahvelahne.

Can you not get your own material, Ray?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Pleeeaasssseeee, I'm begging... supply the RcamB or we will be subjected to this for life...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Ray reading the statement from Vertex, without sighing/criticising the company/being a bitch. Joe Duffy won't be happy.

He won't be happy that Ray got a statement and he didn't.

• Advertisement

Chieftains O holy night is torture..

Tinsel on the mantelpiece.

Careful now Ray. Fireman Joe will go mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Chieftains O holy night is torture..

Chieftains are torture....full stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

To be honest, I'd couldn't give a toss about your schmaltzy, hackneyed Christmas play list Ray and I suspect the vast majority of listeners would be of same opinion. Who are you talking to? Your alter ego?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Two highlights in the space of 60 seconds that I heard today.

The first was along the lines of not having too many Christmas songs on his Christmas playlist.

The second was a suggestion by a listener to include a song by someone (sorry can't remember who)...but his father had already suggested another song by the same singer so by means of compromise he picked his fathers song.

• Advertisement

Oh for gods sake RTÉ, Parkinson on LLS Friday night and now On Ray feckin Darcy....asking the same questions...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Oh for gods sake RTÉ, Parkinson on LLS Friday night and now On Ray feckin Darcy....asking the same questions...

Matt Cooper earlier as well.

Same anecdotes.......

Just heard a snippet of the interview, on the shuttle bus from my workplace. Old fella who drives the bus tunes in. I couldn't believe when D'Arcy asked Michael Parkinson if he would consider going to Dignitas????

FFS, the man might be in his eighties ( I think? ) but afaik has no serious health issue. Parky sounded taken aback.

Youre no flippin spring chicken yourself D'Arcy, despite you having (as you love to keep telling us) 'young children' (which doesn't make you any younger BTW. Would you like someone to ask you that ?

The man is clueless

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Just heard a snippet of the interview, on the shuttle bus from my workplace. Old fella who drives the bus tunes in. I couldn't believe when D'Arcy asked Michael Parkinson if he would consider going to Dignitas????

FFS, the man might be in his eighties ( I think? ) but afaik has no serious health issue. Parky sounded taken aback.

Youre no flippin spring chicken yourself D'Arcy, despite you having (as you love to keep telling us) 'young children' (which doesn't make you any younger BTW. Would you like someone to ask you that ?

The man is clueless

Perhaps a personality transplant and a couple of tufts of hair top, back and sides...O and a makeover.

We got the old, getting the decorations down out of the attic story, again today. And how some of the bulbs weren't working.

Classic Ray.. If self awareness and tact was milk Ray wouldn't have enough for his cornflakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Had the father been on with his Plum Pudding (or something) recipe yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Had the father been on with his Plum Pudding (or something) recipe yet?

The next big event will be his "grand stretch in the evenings" gag sometime after the 21st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

He got his mother to do the interview? He's obviously seen a few of his last few interviews.

The old Shane MacGowan and me Ma" story

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Yeah ... great that he was drinking Vodka at 11AM ... shows the amount of maturing this country needs in it's attitude to alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It's Yo-Yo Ma, you ignoramus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

hahh. Ray was singing a song with the word f4ggot in it a minute ago, now he's the champion of the gay cause.

Kids' names, ages and heights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,404 ✭✭✭goochy

says some women attracted to men with grey hair - like Jenny . its certainly not Rays looks or personality shes attracted to

goochy wrote: »
    says some women attracted to men with grey hair - like Jenny . its certainly not Rays looks or personality shes attracted to

All them sacks of cash from RTE are pretty attractive.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Kids' names, ages and heights.

I honestly can't think of any presenter that talks about mundane family day-to-day stuff as much as Ray. Does he really think anyone cares about that at all? If you sat down beside a fella in a pub that was going on like that you'd drink up and move on. He is padding out his show with that stuff, very unprofessional.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I honestly can't think of any presenter that talks about mundane family day-to-day stuff as much as Ray. Does he really think anyone cares about that at all? If you sat down beside a fella in a pub that was going on like that you'd drink up and move on. He is padding out his show with that stuff, very unprofessional.

D'Arcy is essentially a big kid who's still half living in The Den, spending his days in the RTE bubble reminiscing ad nauseum about the great ads/jingles/toys/comics and other best forgotten trinkets of his profoundly unmemorable youth, unable to master even the most basic of modern technology and stumbling and stuttering over his occasional attempts to tackle serious topics just to show how pathetically uninformed he is about modern everyday living. The word "kidult" was invented for people like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,423 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

D'Arcy is essentially a big kid who's still half living in The Den, spending his days in the RTE bubble reminiscing ad nauseum about the great ads/jingles/toys/comics and other best forgotten trinkets of his profoundly unmemorable youth, unable to master even the most basic of modern technology and stumbling and stuttering over his occasional attempts to tackle serious topics just to show how pathetically uninformed he is about modern everyday living. The word "kidult" was invented for people like him.

Like I keep saying 'Hairdresser Radio' ie noise in the background of a salon, which nobody listens to,only catching occasional sound bites about who 'done well' in 'Strictly' or who won the 11 m in the 'Lottho' followed by surmisations about what one would do with the prize ....."I'd jack in the job and go to bleedin Florida an buy a jeh to make trips to bleedin Vegas".

That's about the strength of it, I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

any idea of who this is?

no

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement