Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,423 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

A full year eating nothing but potatoes :eek:

Where do they find these people? It has be so unhealthy to restrict yourself to such a limited diet. I couldn't do this, even with half a tub of Kerrygold on the spuds. Life is way too short.

Cannot understand why the listening public put up with this sh1 te.

Unbelievable.

Production team must be sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I wonder could I make a complaint to the BAI about the lack of balance? :D

Surely, it would be responsible to have a dietitian in studio to explain the benefits/possible side effects of pursuing such a restrictive diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Where do they find these people?

Here..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Where do they find these people? It has be so unhealthy to restrict yourself to such a limited diet. I couldn't do this, even with half a tub of Kerrygold on the spuds. Life is way too short.

That guy has been a Ray D'Arcy Show regular over the past twelve months. I've often found myself wondering how things have been going for Aussie spud man and whether he might actually turn into a spud before the year was out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Harry, I'm not a Ray D'arcy regular (Thank God for small mercies) but I was taking a little break from studying. I turned on the wireless ....only to receive a lecture from Katherine about the cake culture that prevails in offices and schools and then Mr. Spud comes on to tell us that he is back eating regular food after experiencing lots of benefits from eating only potatoes for a year.

Studying is less work than listening to the Ray D'arcy Show, I don't know how ye subject yourselves to such tripe :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

2017 Day Off count: 1

Harry, I'm not a Ray D'arcy regular (Thank God for small mercies) but I was taking a little break from studying. I turned on the wireless ....only to receive a lecture from Katherine about the cake culture that prevails in offices and schools and then Mr. Spud comes on to tell us that he is back eating regular food after experiencing lots of benefits from eating only potatoes for a year.

Studying is less work than listening to the Ray D'arcy Show, I don't know how ye subject yourselves to such tripe :eek:

I don't Lady Chatterton, the big thumb comes down on D'arcy in Casa Brendano.

Terrible stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

2017 Day off count: 2. I dont want to preempt anything but I am sure I could make the count 4

Kathryn loves her bed.

Another riveting start to the Ray D'Arcy Show.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

How many times does she mention "himself" once already today and only heard ten mins yesterday and he was mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Twice today already ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

2017 Day off count: 2. I dont want to preempt anything but I am sure I could make the count 4

You can safely say 4, Rayteist wants to celebrate little Christmas with his family...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

robbed this one off the LiveLine thread, credit to Butters. If anyone would like to help keep it rolling when I'm not around. assuming he is off today also, if not will change later

**up to and including 6 Jan 2016

De 2-17 Ray D'Arcy Workday Calculator :

Workdays in 2-17 to date so to speak: 0
    Ray Shows: 0
    No Show Shows: 0
    Kathryn (the other half of the other half) Shows: 4
    AN Udder Shows: 0

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

You can crank that up to 5.

KT said she's in for the week.

sligojoek wrote: »
    You can crank that up to 5.

KT said she's in for the week.

4 maybe? A man is entitled to a day off for the bank holiday surely, good god it's not North Korea

Kathryn likes to wake up in the morning, have a stretch and go down to put the kettle on.

Another fascinating insight into the life of one of our greatest celebrities.

Reading out texts- how much of a raise was she looking for last year? And a story about the numbers pulled out in some gaa lotto, good God. What are the chances of one set of numbers being pulled out, the same chance as any other set really

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Driving home heard her on about numbers theres me thinking at least someone is talking about health crisis in a and e nope talking to some biddy about a local lotto club jesus wept how bad is rte its an utter joke

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

4 maybe? A man is entitled to a day off for the bank holiday surely, good god it's not North Korea

Exactly. The initial point of the day off count last year was to try and estimate annual leave, not days off.

T'would be good if the calculator this year added up the number of Saturday night shows he does too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

There is not enough days in a year to justify his salary, the sh1te he puts out the minimum wage would be too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

We fact that we will have to suffer KT on Rte TV and radio for the next 30+ years probably, is painful to even contemplate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

LOL, poor Ray asks if the Mayor speaks Irish, to which the guy replies using the cupla focal only for Ray to go UH, all right.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Had to turn him off after 10/15mins. Who gives a fook if Spenda Penny was one of the first leaders to congratulate Trump. :(. He know fook all about Meryl if he hadn't got Google. Embarrassing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Howya Ray?

Grand stretch in the evenings.

See ya Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Jenny laughed at his grand stretch in the evening joke that wasn't a joke because, well, who else would?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

"You were on your own, which is not advised".

Can he not carry out even one interview without being so bloody pious.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,873 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jenny laughed at his grand stretch in the evening joke that wasn't a joke because, well, who else would?

She still doing to laugh off mic thing ? Ray and Jenny saw RTÉ coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,873 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

"You were on your own, which is not advised".

Can he not carry out even one interview without being so bloody pious.

You know this is ray Darcy king of Ireland and how the country should be run, yeah ? I mean looking back people seem to have a big opinion of him just because he was on the den. It was the lads zig,zig, and Dustin that did the heavy lifting on the den. I mean let's call a spade a spade.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    She still doing to laugh off mic thing ? Ray and Jenny saw RTÉ coming.

Like the Ryan's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

if you have ever had an argument with an ignorant person you will realise what nonsense this is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement