Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

D'Arcy on his soapbox again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

sligojoek wrote: »
    Mention of the Irish Times. Bingo.
    And the son Swimming. Full house

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

sligojoek wrote: »
    Mention of the Irish Times. Bingo.
    And the son Swimming. Full house
    You mean Tom (4).

Brendan Courtney on now talking about his documentary tonight which he spoke about on the late late. RTÉ, is great..

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭PissFlapsDory

One thing about Ray Darcy, he doesnt have about 27 chins on his face like that other guy Joe Duffy. Some guys just get too comfortable in their position in RTE that they forget.....and totally forget because of their self importance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

One thing about Ray Darcy, he doesnt have about 27 chins on his face like that other guy Joe Duffy. Some guys just get too comfortable in their position in RTE that they forget.....and totally forget because of their self importance.

I can't be certain of this, but I've heard that Ray does a spot of running and only eats healthy beneficial food. There's a rumour going around that he's a big fan of porridge but this has yet to be verified.

• Advertisement

I can't be certain of this, but I've heard that Ray does a spot of running and only eats healthy beneficial food. There's a rumour going around that he's a big fan of porridge but this has yet to be verified.

A wo/man in the know. Google a pic of Joe and get a calculator ....so many chins he makes Jabba the Hut look like he's just come Weight Watchers.

A wo/man in the know. Google a pic of Joe and get a calculator ....so many chins he makes Jabba the Hut look like he's just from come Weight Watchers.

A wo/man in the know. Google a pic of Joe and get a calculator ....so many chins he makes Jabba the Hut look like he's just come from Weight Watchers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

anyone miss Derek Mooney? or do you prefer Ray Darcy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 alimega

Ray is brilliant on the radio, his listenership figures reflect this.

I don't understand all the negative comments, you know what you get with him and if you don't like it switch off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

philstar wrote: »
    anyone miss Derek Mooney? or do you prefer Ray Darcy?

Sure what would they have to complain bitterly about if Derek Mooney was in that slot? D'arcy is manna from heaven for the people on this thread that need something to obsessively give out about.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

D'Arcy is a fiddiot.. he has zero charisma. Talking S##te for the last 12 minutes about mixing up names. Sure what would you expect for a half a million a year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

eight years of trump is gonna be great on this show.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

F**k me, is this what it's like at the D'Arcy dinner table every evening. ??

• Site Banned Posts: 72 ✭✭Mr Whom

F**k me, is this what it's like at the D'Arcy dinner table every evening. ??

Porridge all round I'd guess

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

[Reminder]

Mod note in first post:

//MOD

Any more posts with "funny" "Hi Presenter" posts will enjoy a very extended forum break beyond the mandatory 1 day in the forum charter.

//MOD

• Registered Users Posts: 82,364 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Learn how to clear Cookies you clown.

Oh clear your internet cache, you dope... Ask Tom how to do it, cos I'm sure he'll know.

another rant now for a complete non issue, only an issue for the completely incompetent.

ye ever get the feeling he's speaking to his listerners as if theyre mental patients in a hospital somewhere ?

i was gonna say " two year olds" but they have a better grasp of computing than him.

ah here im off to stream cartoons off youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

skulking racing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Sick of hearing about his family

honeybear wrote: »
    Sick of hearing about his family

Why are you tuning in then?

sounds like this woman doesn't deserve her hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Why are you tuning in then?

it's a national radio station, paid for out of our pockets. Why should he be paid €500K to whine on about his children. BTW I don't listen to his show

2smiggy wrote: »
    it's a national radio station, paid for out of our pockets. Why should he be paid €500K to whine on about his children. BTW I don't listen to his show

Wasn't there not something about sponsorship money and ad revenue generated from his listenership figures covering his wages. If that's the case, the argument that we pay his wages is moot.

I don't listen to them either. Haven't heard him since he moved back to RTÉ but this thread beggars belief. It's like people tune into him everyday just to have something to moan about. Lads, there's better things to be doing with your time. Turn him off. If enough people do, it will actually affect his listenership figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

If I've any choice in the matter I turn ff before 3.05. However I spend a lot of time in other peoples houses, mainly kitchens. Far be it for me to tell a customer what channel to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,404 ✭✭✭goochy

woman loses hat ! big news .
    then in the middle of it he tells her story about tourists stopping in an English village to take pictures - totally uninteresting and irrelevant . all she cared about was her stupid hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭nc6000

Wasn't there not something about sponsorship money and ad revenue generated from his listenership figures covering his wages. If that's the case, the argument that we pay his wages is moot.

OK so if his salary is covered by sponsorship and ad revenue how about they pay him a couple of hundred grand less and use the money saved elsewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

This woman is the 'Nanny State Inc' - she writes/ lectures on health and comes schooled from the dysfunctional Dept of Health background. Talk about self reinforcement of views. Her job, salary and pension are/ were all based on 'Health Promotion', so hardly surprising that she thinks that people who drink/ smoke themselves into an early grave bear little or no responsibility for themselves. She's all for tax and regulation........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement