Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Pity Peter Aiken couldn't stay longer, he had so much to give in such a short time.

They offered him a fifteen minute slot but he said he was only prepared to do the full half hour or nothing at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Gits_bone wrote: »
    And aren't we glad. :):):):):)

no.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

spud82 wrote: »
    Lads where is Will?

only Ray is allowed talk it would seem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Lads where is Will?

Single hander show - no daily sidekicks.

Personally I think that's the way to do it, have weekly guests by all means but the presenter should be the main person.

Ray did do a great double hander once though, Fandango with Carrie Crowley. That was sharp but they were equals on the show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Last 1:30 flew. Until tomorrow. :) Another great show today, taken to the new slot like a duck to water.

• Advertisement

"There's gonna come a time in the coming weeks when you and Will will talk more"- said to Jenny

"There's gonna come a time in the coming weeks when you and Will will talk more"- said to Jenny

Hmm...........

It's sounds pretty pathetic, I mean could they not have had this all worked out before RTE splashed out on him..

What in God's name have they been doing for the month of January, seems like no planning at all has gone in to the show..

It's sounds pretty pathetic, I mean could they not have had this all worked out before RTE splashed out on him..

What in God's name have they been doing for the month of January, seems like no planning at all has gone in to the show..

January was spent getting used to the buttons and new text number & email address

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Lads where is Will?

Do ya see what ya did there 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Arthur has joined them too!! Did anyone stay in Today FM??

I don't believe this, he should have been put out to pasture years ago. If this is the way it's going to continue RTE should pull the plug now.:o

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Last 1:30 flew. Until tomorrow. :) Another great show today, taken to the new slot like a duck to water.

What show are we talking about there , Ted?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭nc6000

Arthur has joined them too!! Did anyone stay in Today FM??

Mairead stayed.

My OH has a theory that after Jenny left "to spend more time with the kids" Mairead wanted to be made producer but Ray wanted to keep the job open should Jenny decide to return. This resulted in a falling out and Mairead left the show and got the producers job with Ian Dempsey instead.

Interesting article on smoking today, unfortunately for me it is just reminding me of trips out to the smoking area in work, lighting up, the camaraderie,.... will I go buy a pack......

Tut...tut - another 500 lines

'my email is ray@rte.ie'
    'my email is ray@rte.ie'
    'my email is ray@rte.ie'
    'my email is ray@rte.ie'
    'my email is ray@rte.ie'
    'my email is ray@rte.ie'
    'my email is ray@rte.ie'

or maybe some aversion therapy like a wee electric shock with a stinger when he gets it wrong :)

The Tuam orphanage story is not exactly new material but good to see it covered again. Fair dues to that woman for taking an interest in it and following it to the bitter end. Terry Prone was always a bit low in my estimation but has dropped even lower on basis of reports here and other programmes in recent weeks re same matter. Putting your name as a media rep to that sort of 'self serving' guff doesn't strike me as a good idea, even if you're paid handsomely for it..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

BarryD wrote: »
    The Tuam orphanage story is not exactly new material but good to see it covered again. Fair dues to that woman for taking an interest in it and following it to the bitter end. Terry Prone was always a bit low in my estimation but has dropped even lower on basis of reports here and other programmes in recent weeks re same matter. Putting your name as a media rep to that sort of 'self serving' guff doesn't strike me as a good idea, even if you're paid handsomely for it..

Would you hold a similar opinion of lawyers for representing certain clients?

digzy wrote: »
    Would you hold a similar opinion of lawyers for representing certain clients?

Yes. But then I'm not a barrister :) I'd also hold similar opinions of estate agents, bankers, doctors and any other class of people you care to mention - who know certain facts and choose to dress things up differently to suit their own agendas or paymasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Yes. But then I'm not a barrister :) I'd also hold similar opinions of estate agents, bankers, doctors and any other class of people you care to mention - who know certain facts and choose to dress things up differently to suit their own agendas or paymasters.
    If your guidelines were applied, then nobody would be entitled to make a case in defence of their reputations, or argue in their own interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Have you ever heard of criminal lawyers? By that logic the vast majority of people brought before the courts for breaking the law wouldn't have any legal representation. Even extend that to accountants helping their clients to reduce their tax liability.

Obviously the events in tuam are vile and disgusting. However, you can't extend that to someone they're using for pr. Nor can you extend it to their legal reps.
    You're sounding like auld Raymond there:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

I think the programme is too serious.
    As mentioned before it's info that's been trashed out all day before him.

I preferred the change in direction the mooney show offered.
    A step outside the box is required to make it stick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

I think the programme is too serious.
    As mentioned before it's info that's been trashed out all day before him.

I preferred the change in direction the mooney show offered.
    A step outside the box is required to make it stick.

I preferred it at 9-12 but this time is good too. Never really listend to R1 before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

The only thing that letter emphasized to me was how small Ireland is......press release author is the mother of the presenter that took over from Ray D'Arcy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

But that's just it.

Reading the paper headlines works at 9am. Not 3pm.

New format is needed. Change isn't a dangerous thing.

A change in what he presents might be refreshing.

digzy wrote: »
    Have you ever heard of criminal lawyers? By that logic the vast majority of people brought before the courts for breaking the law wouldn't have any legal representation. Even extend that to accountants helping their clients to reduce their tax liability.

Obviously the events in tuam are vile and disgusting. However, you can't extend that to someone they're using for pr. Nor can you extend it to their legal reps.
    You're sounding like auld Raymond there:pac:

Each to their own - I've been asked a couple of times in the past to appear as an 'expert witness' in litigation. To represent one side. I declined in each case as my opinion was not in their favour and I wasn't prepared to accept payment to present my opinion with a different slant. It's called 'personal integrity'.

To represent one side. I declined in each case as my opinion was not in their favour and I wasn't prepared to accept payment to present my opinion with a different slant.

I think you really need to have your wits about you if you are going live on air to discuss ongoing cases. Even misspeaking can land you in trouble. MLOD was on with Vincent Browne last week and commented on a very highly publicised case currently in the media, and said "this man <name>, who committed this terrible crime" before being corrected that he was only charged with the crime at this stage. I'm sure the defence was taking notes for the inevitable appeal..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

must.....resist.....

Could he not f**king practice pressing the advertisement button...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He must be like Les Dawson playing the piano,you have to be really good to play it so badly

• Advertisement

Does will have wood?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement