Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

sligojoek wrote: »
    He always has to to that "Bye, bye, bye, b b b b bye, bye" nonsense finishing a phonecall. Because it's one of those things that "ALL" Irish people do. He probably got it off one of those Irish Central lists.

That, and his loud inhalation of breath after fake laughing nervously, really annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,748 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Woman renews passport for child, does not get passport in time for today, still doesn't have passport, re-books flights for Saturday costing €400 and face not being able to use those flights, but why would one re-book with no passport?
    Seems stupid to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Its turning into Liveline Lite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Has he taken up smoking hash since he gave up the kidney?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Has he taken up smoking hash since he gave up the kidney?

His voice reminds me of this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdWJpHt1Xws

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

very annoying voices,very

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Finally someone even less funny than Ray....................Fred Cooke

"You wont believe it... ha ha ha... but on Saturday Night's Show.. ha ha ha.. we will have the chair from Game Of Thrones.. ha ha ha. ".

I bet on Saturday night he will introduce "The chair from Game Of Thrones", and it will just be a regular table chair dressed up as the chair from Game Of Thrones... And then in six months later when he gets asked about it in an interview he will say "The thing I find funny is that anybody thought that a new show, in it's second season, on RTE television, would actually get the chair from Game Of Thrones. I mean, that's what I think is funny".

this should be fun:o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Good man Baz- "they told me to speak about what was in the papers and what I did at the weekends"
    "kids are ruining my life"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Ray has managed to find a stand in with an even more annoying and boring voice that Katryn. Starts, in true D'Arcy fashion, by wittering on (and on) about his kids.

Ray has managed to find a stand in with an even more annoying and boring voice that Katryn. Starts, in true D'Arcy fashion, by wittering on (and on) about his kids.

humm bit of a twist on D'Arcy's approach though

is he getting paid for this?

Well done RTE, I didn't think it was possible to find somebody worse than D'Arcy, but you've actually managed to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

this should be fun:o
    Bash may not have killed his mammy but he's fairly murdering this show!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Baz on Kirk Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones :

"you dont see them that much any more, mind he's a recovering sex addict so she's probaly exhausted . she'd want to be drinking her vitiman C anyway"

:D:D:D:D:D

you'd know Rays off.

the bit about stalking Ray was a laugh too.

at least he can press the button marked music

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Baz is streets ahead of Ray.... streets ahead of him.

And he's already got a better grasp of the buttons. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

your so iconic !

its like meeting the cast of dynasty or dusty bin.

:D:D:D:D

i dont know whether he's taking the piss or not but its alot more fun than ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭bureau2009

I CANNOT BELIEVE RTE have let Baz near a radio microphone!

The last time I heard Baz on radio (WARNING - LISTENERS MAY FIND THE FOLLOWING DISTURBING)was on 2FM - the Baz & Lucy show!

I am sure Heads of Media studies in colleges worldwide use the Baz & Lucy show as an example of HOW NOT to present radio shows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Who's yer man? And why is this radio slot regularly saturated with people of doubtful gender? I thought Mooney was bad enough but it's been more of the same ever since.

Why doesn't yer man know the difference between a hedge shears and a strimmer? And he after giving out about his man shed..

Why is his Irish rather odd?

So many questions, so little time.

Ah I get it, it's half term!

Mr.D'Arcy is off with the family.

Happy holidays.

Pope has been on a junket to the Dyson factory and is afraid to contemplate that their products may be dodgy. We have a Dyson hoover and I figure it's completely over hyped - noisy as hell and doesn't even vacuum all that well. Compared to the cheaper one we had before that which was a real work horse.

Pope has been on a junket to the Dyson factory and is afraid to contemplate that their products may be dodgy. We have a Dyson hoover and I figure it's completely over hyped - noisy as hell and doesn't even vacuum all that well. Compared to the cheaper one we had before that which was a real work horse.

Check the washable filter. I recently did mine after about 8 years (supposed to be done every 6 months :o ) and it's sucking everything up with abandon again! :)

It is a right noisy bastard though....

Ah I get it, it's half term!

Mr.D'Arcy is off with the family.

Happy holidays.

I like this Baz guy. Never heard him before but he's bright and breezy.

Rte, can we keep him. Please?
    Let Ray stay on permanent holiday with his tiresome family.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Ray off again!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

De 2-17 Ray D'Arcy Workday Calculator :

Workdays in 2-17 to date so to speak: 35
    Ray Shows: 29
    No Show Shows: 0
    Kathryn (the other half of the other half) Shows: 5
    AN Udder Shows: 1

I think the above is correct. I got the work days figure from the Liveline table

• Registered Users Posts: 19,423 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Totally agree.

Where's this Washable Filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,423 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bash may not have killed his mammy but he's fairly murdering this show!!!

Gave him about 2 mins, reading from a page ........ssssqqquuueeeelch!!!!

• Advertisement

Back to business as usual in terms of pressing the wrong buttons anyhow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement