Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,404 ✭✭✭goochy

the same gob****es who gave a radio and tv show to Ray and paid him half a million !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

I know a lot of people won't agree, but in my opinion Mooney was the only person who made this slot work.

Ah no, I agree. Derek was great when he started. But when he was outed, I think he felt under siege, especially with the gay marriage referendum happening at the time. I dont care whether Derek is gay or straight, but his sexuality seemed to become the focus of the show. Every day he would start a rant about something or other and he seemed to be on the defence from social media all the time. The fun sort of went away.

I blame D'Arcy for outing him. You see, D'arcy is to blame for absolutely everything.

Derek was far from great but much better than farcy - at least we don't have to put up with that other annoying Kildare person - Brenda Donoughue

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I quite like Derek when he's onto the wildlife stuff...otherwise it all seemed like the dumbest of dumbed down radio and then that godawful "byieeeeeeeee" at the end.

This guy says "my mum's going to be popping in to the studio too." How lovely for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

His missus AGAIN. Three days in a row. Fuk sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Never thought I'd say this but I miss Ray. Come back Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭mountain

Ah no, I agree. Derek was great when he started. But when he was outed, I think he felt under siege, especially with the gay marriage referendum happening at the time. I dont care whether Derek is gay or straight, but his sexuality seemed to become the focus of the show. Every day he would start a rant about something or other and he seemed to be on the defence from social media all the time. The fun sort of went away.

I blame D'Arcy for outing him. You see, D'arcy is to blame for absolutely everything.

Des Bishop outed him, while on the radio with Darcy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

reading comments off snap chat- a new low

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

mountain wrote: »
    Des Bishop outed him, while on the radio with Darcy

i.e. d'Arcy's fault again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

At least get the song name right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 wherearemykeys

His missus AGAIN. Three days in a row. Fuk sake.

At this rate, i feel like i know his "missus" personally he mentions her so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

is that his mother he has on with him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

is that his mother he has on with him?

I think so - scraping the barrel now. Cringe inducing stuff.

I kinda like Baz , hes not politically correct and has no sensor - so my kind of guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

goochy wrote: »
    I kinda like Baz , hes not politically correct and has no sensor - so my kind of guy.

I've only listened for spells and there's cringe moments. Still prefer him to Ray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

D'Arcy must have been listening the last few days and figured his gig might be on the line.

England could be going for the grand slam. Who figured that out for ya Ray?

Ann Doyle must have dropped her script.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He'll be asking people called Doris to call in.

Shay Byrne did this earlier.

• Advertisement

"John Snow got it wrong"

Says the man who never got anything wrong.

Cutting into John Snow for getting something wrong ha ha.:(

Snap

He watched trolls 17 times. Does he count every time he watches it ?

"What's age only a number?"

Funny enough, one of the first thing he asks most guests is "What age are YOU?"

• Registered Users Posts: 82,365 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

D'Arcy, he really does make Mario's job of taking the piss out of him so easy, ffs complaining about Cadburys ads during Operation Transformation.

Money from CADBURYS MILK CHOCOLATE is paying your over inflated wages ya dope. You slaging them won't go down well with the RTE' advertising department.

M

Money from CADBURYS MILK CHOCOLATE is paying your over inflated wages ya dope. You slaging them won't go down well with the RTE' advertising department.

RTÉ is losing €50k a day (€20million a year), he really should get a strong word said to him about that, biting one of the the very hands that feed them in the organisation.

M

Medicinal cannabis should be brought to the people in a referendum to have it available from their local GP to give a prescription for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

He's going to be late for the news, isn't he? Got to play the pre-news ads yet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement