Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Has Ray completely discounted that those people who make the negative remarks at the bottom of the articles about him might actually be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Did he not do something similar in you're a star. Not in the final now but in one of the other rounds where he said the person who would be staying in the competition but was actually the one to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Did he not do something similar in you're a star. Not in the final now but in one of the other rounds where he said the person who would be staying in the competition but was actually the one to leave.

Think that was Derek Mooney in Fame - The Musical.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Didn't take long for a family roll call

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Marcarpone, there's posh for ya, I wouldn't even know where to find it in a map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭mountain

And his comment about not giving his daughter pancakes in the morning, because when he was young, he always had them in the afternoon,

Jenny had to step in and make them for her, he said.

He is just a killjoy,

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Haven't heard Ray more than a handful of times since he left Today FM but today he's on within earshot. Firstly he has a neck like a jockeys bollix commenting on a mistake made at the oscars given the amount of fcuk ups he used to make on a daily basis. Secondly is he really still pedalling this tired old me Das famous pancake sh1te and gettin a half million a year of taxpayers money for it ? RTE really should be disbanded at this stage if this lip smacking clown is the top of their talent pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,423 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Haven't heard Ray more than a handful of times since he left Today FM but today he's on within earshot. Firstly he has a neck like a jockeys bollix commenting on a mistake made at the oscars given the amount of fcuk ups he used to make on a daily basis. Secondly is he really still pedalling this tired old me Das famous pancake sh1te and gettin a half million a year of taxpayers money for it ? RTE really should be disbanded at this stage if this lip smacking clown is the top of their talent pool.

:eek:

No hold back there!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

mountain wrote: »
    He is just a killjoy,

"Tom enjoys sugar and jam on his pancakes"

I bet he doesn't enjoy the 2 hour lecture about the dangers of sugar that he gets afterwards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭REM76

mountain wrote: »
    And his comment about not giving his daughter pancakes in the morning, because when he was young, he always had them in the afternoon,

Jenny had to step in and make them for her, he said.

He is just a killjoy,

This is all part of his style of presenting. It works for him, the audience know his wife and children and feel that he is just like them. It's a form of populism and D'Arcy thrives on it.

That's why he goes on holidays to Cork rather than Mauritius, he's just like you (except he takes in EUR500,000 a year).

The tragic part of it is that there are some really great people working on less money and lesser radio stations who would be more popular than D'Arcy, but for RTE it is too big a risk.

I would love to see Barry Glendenning have a go at his radio show. He is sports editor with the Guardian and regularly features on UK radio shows, he is articulate, naturally funny and engaging.

I would also like Jarlath Regan to take over his tv show. He does the "Irishman Abroad" podcast and is quite adept at getting the absolute best out of mediocre guests, a skill perfect to D'Arcy's saturday show. Regan is also a master researcher and a natural comedian, he could be the perfect host for this.

But would either get the job over D'Arcy? Not a hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,748 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Ray loves Amy Adams, again called Emma Stone as being Amy before correcting.

REM76 wrote: »
    This is all part of his style of presenting. It works for him, the audience know his wife and children and feel that he is just like them. It's a form of populism and D'Arcy thrives on it.

That's why he goes on holidays to Cork rather than Mauritius, he's just like you (except he takes in EUR500,000 a year).

The tragic part of it is that there are some really great people working on less money and lesser radio stations who would be more popular than D'Arcy, but for RTE it is too big a risk.

I would love to see Barry Glendenning have a go at his radio show. He is sports editor with the Guardian and regularly features on UK radio shows, he is articulate, naturally funny and engaging.

I would also like Jarlath Regan to take over his tv show. He does the "Irishman Abroad" podcast and is quite adept at getting the absolute best out of mediocre guests, a skill perfect to D'Arcy's saturday show. Regan is also a master researcher and a natural comedian, he could be the perfect host for this.

He's KNOWS the beach in Inchadonney VERY well...yet when he came back he said he hadn't been down there in donkeys years.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭mountain

Would either get the job over Darcy? that would be suggesting or hoping that RTE interviewed either for a job. Darcy was hand picked by RTE to fill a slot on tv and on radio, they are now stuck with him and regardless of how poor he does on either, RTE will ignore any criticism as it will show up the powers that be in RTE, from memory at the end of last years TV show there was article in one of the papers admitting that the show was a disaster, but that dropping it after one season would be admitting that, so it was forced on us again.

HThe big problem is that D'arcy is a lightweight.

Hairdresser/barbershop produce- something that you can listen to whilst having your Barnet trimmed.

Nothing to get too worked up about.

Content for the 'Strictly' section of our community.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

HThe big problem is that D'arcy is a lightweight.

Hairdresser/barbershop produce- something that you can listen to whilst having your Barnet trimmed.

Nothing to get too worked up about.

Content for the 'Strictly' section of our community.

Thats fair enough, but ffs you don't need to pay a guy 500k a year to do such an average role.

Good news on darcy show...is he leaving ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Christ exciting stuff Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

statto25 wrote: »
    Christ exciting stuff Ray

"Few crisps & a singular beer at the weekend, because life's too short..."

Raymond letting his hair down.

10 minutes in and genny mentioned already.:(
    Now his wedding day Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Such lazy sloppy production, this is obviously a topic robbed off liveline.

And then back to the RTÉ canteen with PBH and his crappy same as last series show and then the one that reads the news

• Advertisement

Farcy show is like Livelin +1

"Few crisps & a singular beer at the weekend, because life's too short..."

Raymond letting his hair down.

If I was living with Cupid Kelly, I'd be hammering back a dozen beers a night minimum.

God this is dull radio.

It's just D'Arcy's life spilled out. ****ing porridge, running, dogs, west cork, operation transformation, jenny, kate, tom, will.

Conor "Bald Asshole" Pope, Arthur "Not Dead Yet" Murphy, Aggie "Remember Me" Cleaner

Pixie had the good sense to leave.

Half a million for this

RTE programmes are becoming presenter driven crap paid for by us. Before long if this keeps going the news will be what the newsreader wants to make up. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

God this is dull radio.

It's just D'Arcy's life spilled out. ****ing porridge, running, dogs, west cork, operation transformation, jenny, kate, tom, will.

Conor "Bald Asshole" Pope, Arthur "Not Dead Yet" Murphy, Aggie "Remember Me" Cleaner

Half a million for this

There's a big finale today, he's going to race PBH to the RTE canteen...live on air and see who can slurp the most porridge while...wait ferit...doing push ups.

God this is dull radio.

Half a million for this

its a tired old format and its not working.

ever heard of "if it ain't broke don't fix it"? Well it is broke RTE.... so f###ing fix it :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

If I was living with Cupid Kelly, I'd be hammering back a dozen beers a night minimum.

There's another Kathleen Watkins in the making there I suspect.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Thats fair enough, but ffs you don't need to pay a guy 500k a year to do such an average role.

RTE seem to think they do.

Just like they pay others almost similar wages to stop them 'jumping ship :eek:

Like where are they going to go with such talent.

NBC?

BBC ?

Cnn?

C'mon!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

20 words in and he mentions Kate.

Dear God.

*clixk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The man who hates gambling has another Lotto boner on him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement