Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Poor Lakes of Pontchartrain didn't deserve to be butchered like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I know a bloke from Clare that does a worse job on it.

Back to this fridge nonsense again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

A A A And....
    A A A And...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

He's missing for 5 years? Was in fairly regular touch before that. I think this lady is clutching at straws if she thinks he's still alive or else she's not revealing all about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Lolamontez

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-38571087

Hope she will find an answer sometime soon of her son's disappearance.

• Advertisement

Nuacht crew getting more and more pi$$ed off waiting for him to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 20,987 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

REM76 wrote: »
    This is all part of his style of presenting. It works for him, the audience know his wife and children and feel that he is just like them. It's a form of populism and D'Arcy thrives on it.

That's why he goes on holidays to Cork rather than Mauritius, he's just like you (except he takes in EUR500,000 a year).

The tragic part of it is that there are some really great people working on less money and lesser radio stations who would be more popular than D'Arcy, but for RTE it is too big a risk.

I would love to see Barry Glendenning have a go at his radio show. He is sports editor with the Guardian and regularly features on UK radio shows, he is articulate, naturally funny and engaging.

I would also like Jarlath Regan to take over his tv show. He does the "Irishman Abroad" podcast and is quite adept at getting the absolute best out of mediocre guests, a skill perfect to D'Arcy's saturday show. Regan is also a master researcher and a natural comedian, he could be the perfect host for this.

But would either get the job over D'Arcy? Not a hope.

Regan is sh1t

sligojoek wrote: »

Ah, I don't think they could hate him more than they do already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,404 ✭✭✭goochy

as I have mentioned b4 from an interview Farcy did in paper , he is so arrogant he doesn't care if people find it boring him talking about his kids he finds them fascinating and that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

Surprising I hadn't heard more about Jonathan Spollen's disappearance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

"Hey Ray my Son is going to India next month, I'll tell him to keep his eyes open"!!!!!!!

I think we now know the calibre of listener that followed him from Today FM and that are keeping his figures so high and justifying his 500K a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Red Fred

I heard Mary Wilson say that Drivetime would be on from 4 p.m. tomorrow to cover the election results in the North, so that should p!ss Ray off nicely, if he even bothers go turn in. On the plus side for Ray he gets to start his weekend early and spend time with his wife and children (sorry can't remember their names!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

"Tom enjoys sugar and jam on his pancakes"

I bet he doesn't enjoy the 2 hour lecture about the dangers of sugar that he gets afterwards.

I don't often get to post here on "Ray's Rantings"

I almost dropped in what i was carrying when i heard Tom+sugar in the same sentence :eek::D
    REM76 wrote: »
    God this is dull radio.

It's just D'Arcy's life spilled out. ****ing porridge, running, dogs, west cork, operation transformation, jenny, kate, tom, will.

Conor "Bald Asshole" Pope, Arthur "Not Dead Yet" Murphy, Aggie "Remember Me" Cleaner

Pixie had the good sense to leave.

Half a million for this

I was wondering where she went?

Until i see a new ad recently for her show, no doubt more reputable than the last one!
    RTE seem to think they do.

Just like they pay others almost similar wages to stop them 'jumping ship :eek:

Like where are they going to go with such talent.

NBC?

BBC ?

Cnn?

C'mon!!

It's like TD Eamonn Ryan said, "TD's av got to be reasonably well paid, so they don't go corrupt":rolleyes:
    He's not called the Greedy, i mean Green minister for nothing
    sligojoek wrote: »

Oh, you can hear it in Peadar's tone, he's not actually saying "maithiu" to ray, more like "my arse you ain't" :p in his best gaelic!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

its the main Heroin route into Europe

"I have a construction background"

As opposed to Ray who has a deconstruction background.

"You have to sit through nine minutes of ads to watch Room To Improve".

Somebody tell Ray that there are more ads in his show. Why didn't Bannon fire that right back at him?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Yesterday he had an Rte newsreader on, day before it was an RTE weather announcer...today its room to fkcing improve......is there anyone left in the building who hasn't been wheeled onto this crappy show?

"You have to sit through nine minutes of ads to watch Room To Improve".

Somebody tell Ray that there are more ads in his show. Why didn't Bannon fire that right back at him?

As if DB had any control over RTEs ad scedulers.

"You had 5 million hits on your YouTube video. That's actually more than the whole population of Ireland."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Yesterday he had an Rte newsreader on, day before it was an RTE weather announcer...today its room to fkcing improve......is there anyone left in the building who hasn't been wheeled onto this crappy show?

I would imagine the newsreader on Nuacht would be satisfied with being on the show at 4pm everyday... not 4.05 or 4.06

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Monday: So John, tell us a bit about yourself......

Ehhh..well Ray...I work for DHL and was just dropping a box off at reception when I was accosted by security and thrown here in the chair in front of you....

But you were in the building when it happened John?

I was Ray..

Well tough luck John...so tell me, how do you take your porridge in the morning? Would you ever go mad and have a bowl in the evening? Why are you crying John?

• Advertisement

Red Kev wrote: »
    Monday: So John, tell us a bit about yourself......

Ehhh..well Ray...I work for DHL and was just dropping a box off at reception when I was accosted by security and thrown here in the chair in front of you....

But you were in the building when it happened John?

I was Ray..

Well tough luck John...so tell me, how do you take your porridge in the morning? Would you ever go mad and have a bowl in the evening? Why are you crying John?

Here's a big hug. That'll cure everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

That should be the strap line for this crap show
    'Room to improve':D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

F*ck OFF RAY!!! You make 500k a year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

The one who sold him the soup on his first day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

First item for the week...HALF MARATHON :(

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Tongue firmly in cheek comment. :)

There is nothing more predictable than the Monday 3.10pm comment on Boards about the show.

Bibi's B&B.

Where did she get the posh accent?

Ray 'The bed is 4 foot off the ground.'

Caller 'No it's just over 2 foot '

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Ray will be interrupting this parenting expert with his own "expert" advice ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Any opportunity to slag off the Catholic Church

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement