Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

enjoying the acoustic "i come from a land down under" by yer man from men at work.

course its the last 3 min of the show.

:D

I think he was on longer than that.

Not a fan of the programme, but avoiding George Hook had me tuned into de liiveline. I went to his concert and it was brilliant. Glad i caught him on D'Arcy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Erica gets an apartment. Good for her but glad I'm not a next door neighbour. She'd wear out your ears.

What will she be looking for next now?

How about she tries to get a job now and support herself

Oh so she is in trinity ...great

Im paying for that now i suppose.

She would like to do an English degree

Sure why not, go ahead, we will
    pay for that for you too.

grrrr

No ray, we dont want to hear from her again

maybe you do, most people dont

Go see her yourself in your ample spare time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭goochy

why did he have to say ' we will get you house warming present ' but rte wont be paying for it - hes really so anal. She is thinking of being English teacher - more chance of being brain surgeon with way she talks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

goochy wrote: »
    why did he have to say ' we will get you house warming present ' but rte wont be paying for it - hes really so anal. She is thinking of being English teacher - more chance of being brain surgeon with way she talks.
    She could always get a job presenting Liveline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

A few months ago she wanted to be a social worker http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/homeless-mum-erica-fleming-starting-8775552

Went to Trinity , with no clear idea of what she wanted to do - but she doesn't have to pay for anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

"this is an old traditional house, Erica, isnt it"

No back in the old days, you used to pay for the accommodation yourself. If I worked in Dublin, and had to commute to Dublin every day because I couldn't afford to rent or buy a house in Dublin, I wouldn't think it's very fair that she gets a free apartment.

Happiness and joy as always from Ray.

"The Queen. The english queen not our queen."

I'm glad he clarified that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

sligojoek wrote: »
    Happiness and joy as always from Ray.

"The Queen. The english queen not our queen."

I'm glad he clarified that.

I wonder who he thinks ''our queen'' is? Twink?

Pantie O Neill

That accent is awful. You'd be used to gay accents and being sometimes a little la-de-da. But Panty Rory's accent just comes across as completely false and pretentious. Yuckkk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

"Today class, we're going to learning some poetry by Willo Shakespeare, jaknowwharimean.... "

Ah will you feck off Ray with your anti moderate drink campaign. What's the point of being alive in rural Ireland if it's a miserable existence. So stuff that up your jumper.

"We have the stats from the guards".

Good man Ray, the only man in Ireland who still bases his views on the Garda figures.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Still can't get the ad buttons right.

'I can tell you're a Trinity lecturer because you said "Intravenous user" instead of heroin addict.'

What sort of a statement is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Apparently this woman was treated badly when she was having her baby as a teenage mother in Birmingham in 1993. I wonder how D'Arcy is going to blame the Catholic Church for that?

Why is she even on? Has she a book out or something? I didn't hear the start

• Advertisement

"We spoke to Erica and she's on it now".

What, the housing list?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Ah will you feck off Ray with your anti moderate drink campaign. What's the point of being alive in rural Ireland if it's a miserable existence. So stuff that up your jumper.

Not a huge fan of Mario Rosenstock but he has his moments.. He was spot on with his Buzzkill Darcy parody. Ray Darcy is probably one of the most boring killjoys on the face of planet earth.

Went to See Dave mc savage at weekend , met him on street b4 show - was moaning about not being able to get on Darcys tv show because of not paying licence. I was slagging off Darcy and he said ' hes alright' - think he just didn't want to say anything bad about him while trying to get on show.

mc savage was savage by the way - go see if you can.

Is liveline still on?

Do you think the "Johnny's got you covered campaign" is tame?

Why doesn't he ask her what she thinks, instead of asking her if she agrees with what he thinks?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Tuned in..,
    "What class are you?"
    Tuned out

Ray gives interesting insight into life at chez Kelly , surprised she hasn't sent him to elocution classes.
    Rays attempt at a joke at start of show fell flat , you must have a personality to pull off a joke !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Looks like a self congratulatory show up coming

Looks like a self congratulatory show up coming

Definitely give it a skip.

Im sure your wan will still have something negative to say, eg length of time it took to agree to fund this ridiculously expensive drug which isnt even effective for everyone

taxpayer being screwed again

• Advertisement

On Laurel and Hardy.

Ray isnt able to tell which one is Stan and which one is Laurel..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement