Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It's ironic that D'Arcy is so anti-Catholic, considering he wouldn't be around if it wasn't for the fact that his mother and father had a bus-load of children. If only they'd considered atheism before their nuptials......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

On Laurel and Hardy.

Ray isnt able to tell which one is Stan and which one is Laurel..

Ray is most definitely Laurel though, no doubt about that. I can picture Ollie in the booth beside him, slapping him as he pushes the wrong button again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Is Ray not normally saying that we should be welcoming of different cultures with their different views? Forcing a woman to wear a Burkha is good, forcing her to marry somebody is bad?... I don't get where he draws the line between which are the traditions of other cultures (which he would demand that we must respect) and what is oppression.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

It's ironic that D'Arcy is so anti-Catholic, considering he wouldn't be around if it wasn't for the fact that his mother and father had a bus-load of children. If only they'd considered atheism before their nuptials......

Is he going to be on Good Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

I always figured that all Ed Sheeran songs sound much the same, so if he's on the hook for €20 million for plagiarism on this one, surely he'd better get out the chequebook for the others?

• Advertisement

Is Ray not normally saying that we should be welcoming of different cultures with their different views?

Divining D'Arcy's mind is fraught with pitfalls. That's what makes him so charming.

How his poor wife Jenny puts up with his public comments though on their family is a mystery. I'm sure he must get a few cold shoulders when he goes home but sure Ray is a charmer and must get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,649 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Mairéad to join Ray?
    MAIRÉAD RONAN, KNOWN as a TV host and the producer on Today FM’s Ian Dempsey breakfast show, has announced she is leaving the station.

http://www.thejournal.ie/today-fm-mairead-ronan-leaving-3336769-Apr2017/

Apparently not.

C9J3K6MWAAImD2j.jpg

But then it wouldnt be the first time that somebody from the D'Arcy troupe told outright lies about their future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭goochy

Harry Angstrom , you are a legend ! never thought of that before !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Normally I would have thought so after a couple of months off 'resting herself /gathering her creative thoughts / being world's Nr. 1 Mother/discovering exciting new projects ' etc., but she's not on Noel Kellys Management list so she'll have to fight hard for a seat somewhere.

Unless of course Ray Fix-It-Friday's it for her and she gets a job with him due to her 'high creative output'.

Etc. Etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Didn't they have a falling out when D'Arcy left Today FM? At least, that was the rumour.

So they are going to be interviewing an RTE staff member who is going to meet someone famous.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

half a million a year folks

Interviewing a man who will be interviewing another man...cutting edge stuff

So they are going to be interviewing an RTE staff member who is going to meet someone famous.

And then they'll be on the Ray D'arcy Show on Saturday night to let us know how they got on. :)

€160 a year for that folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Interviewing a man who will be interviewing another man...cutting edge stuff

who used to work in a REAL radio station in london dont you know !

:D

this is beyond parody.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

who is he interviewing about who that person is going to interview, so to speak :confused:

Ray D'Arcy and Joe Duffy combined make over 900,000 Euro per annum. This is more than the equivalent of the income from TV licences of the population of Tullamore or Killarney.

When you take non payers into account it's almost the same as the TV licence fee income from the population of Sligo town.

2smiggy wrote: »
    who is he interviewing about who that person is going to interview, so to speak :confused:

Ray D'arcy is interviewing Eoghan Mc Dermott who is interviewing Ed Sheeran.

Why does D'Arcy do this sort of health propaganda programming? Surely, if you're going to present the ins and outs of vaccination to the public, you'd want people from both sides of the issue. That'd be the basic start. Very poor.

• Advertisement

Why does D'Arcy do this sort of health propaganda programming? Surely, if you're going to present the ins and outs of vaccination to the public, you'd want people from both sides of the issue. That'd be the basic start. Very poor.

I thought he got his paw slapped over non balance before

Whatever you think about the efficacy of vaccination, this is a very poor one sided piece of public broadcasting. Since when did this show become the mouthpiece of the HSE on all sorts of matters from suicide to drink to vaccinations etc etc?

plenty of incoming wind up texts i would imagine

I thought he got his paw slapped over non balance before

That was the religious groups complaining. This is more subtle propaganda, 'mum and apple pie' sort of issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Red Kev wrote: »
    Ray D'Arcy and Joe Duffy combined make over 900,000 Euro per annum. This is more than the equivalent of the income from TV licences of the population of Tullamore or Killarney.

When you take non payers into account it's almost the same as the TV licence fee income from the population of Sligo town.

Net or Gross? (Genuine question)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I think it's gross in Duffy's case. In more ways than one.

Another balanced debate from D'Arcy... :rolleyes:

My radar always starts to beep when I hear authorities refusing to ACKNOWLEDGE that people say their kids are suffering from fatigue. The usual will happen.. they will keep giving the vaccine to everybody, and there will be an action taken against the state in about 15 years time.

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Gross. Sort of.

They don't work for RTE. Most of the biggest stars have their own companies and they in turn work for them. It means that you pay far less tax and you can write a lot of things off against it.

Joe Duffy works for a company called Claddaghgreen Ltd, of which only he and his wife are shareholders. RTE contracts Claddaghgreen Ltd to present the Liveline show etc.

Ray D'Arcy is Whatnext Productions http://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/ray-d-arcy-media-firm-made-profit-of-nearly-215-000-1.2789698.
    Ryan Tubridy's is called Tuttle Productions.
    Pat Kenny is Pat Kenny Media Services.

And so on....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

from what i remember , Derek Mooney was the first one on the list who was getting paid normally and paying PAYE etc. Nearly all the rest had companies set up for 'convenience'

• Advertisement

Red Kev wrote: »
    Ray D'Arcy is Whatnext Productions http://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/ray-d-arcy-media-firm-made-profit-of-nearly-215-000-1.2789698.
    Ryan Tubridy's is called Tuttle Productions.
    Pat Kenny is Pat Kenny Media Services.

Surely WhysThatButtonNotWorking Productions would have been a more appropriate name for Ray's company?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement