Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Whatever you think about the efficacy of vaccination, this is a very poor one sided piece of public broadcasting. Since when did this show become the mouthpiece of the HSE on all sorts of matters from suicide to drink to vaccinations etc etc?

Ah ffs. There is no debate on vaccines. Look at the near eradication of polio for example. People are too stupid. You'd have kids getting infected due to lack of immunity and the stupidity of their parents. As for suicide, wtf? You want a balanced debate on that??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Red Kev wrote: »
    Gross. Sort of.

They don't work for RTE. Most of the biggest stars have their own companies and they in turn work for them. It means that you pay far less tax and you can write a lot of things off against it.

Joe Duffy works for a company called Claddaghgreen Ltd, of which only he and his wife are shareholders. RTE contracts Claddaghgreen Ltd to present the Liveline show etc.

Ray D'Arcy is Whatnext Productions http://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/ray-d-arcy-media-firm-made-profit-of-nearly-215-000-1.2789698.
    Ryan Tubridy's is called Tuttle Productions.
    Pat Kenny is Pat Kenny Media Services.

And so on....

What I was getting at was that yeah, D'Arcy and Duffy bring in €900,000 a year (I'm taking your word for that btw), but you then need to subtract Duffy's salary of €416,000 and Ray D'Arcy's salary, rumoured to be in the region of €500,000. If he's on 500k, they're making a loss of €16,000 a year for the pair of them.

(Obviously, that's very simplistic, as I'm sure there are knock on effects on other presenters by having them there drawing in an audience for Drivetime and News at 1, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Ray , making a point that he is in work while the rte carpark is empty, what a sacrifice RAY ,i'd sacrifice 2 hrs on good friday for a 400 k wage packet , the arrogance is astounding .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Ray giving a summary of his weeks guests

Baez in next Tues & Weds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

honeybear wrote: »
    Baez in next Tues & Weds

Wow. What a coup. Hopefully she'll sing a few songs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

citykat wrote: »
    Wow. What a coup. Hopefully she'll sing a few songs!

"The Night They Drove Old D'Arcy Down"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Glad to see Baz never changes - loves to have a go at his missus. D'Arcy also likes to have the odd reflection on his, but yer man here loves to pass disparaging comments about his better half on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭goochy

in what why did he have a go at his missus ? love him - unpredictable and not stiff.

' you look too happy for someone whose kids are on mid term ' gotta love him - could you imagine Farcy saying that kids could drive you mad when they are off school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Who the hell is Baz? Never heard of him before and he's even worse than Darcy.

where have you been this last 10 years ? 50 ways to kill your mammy and how low can you go ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I'd never heard of him before the last time he stood in for D'Arcy.

Now, unfortunately, I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

goochy wrote: »
    where have you been this last 10 years ? 50 ways to kill your mammy and how low can you go ?

I'm quite happy to have avoided him thus far. Is he famous? I haven't heard of either of the programmes that you mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,498 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Del.Monte wrote: »
    I'm quite happy to have avoided him thus far. Is he famous? I haven't heard of either of the programmes that you mention.

If I were you Del.Monte I would just continue in the white suit checking out exotic fruit and forget you ever heard of him.

I would see that as very sound and practical advice.

:P

in what why did he have a go at his missus ? love him - unpredictable and not stiff.

Unpredictable?!! That's just amazing!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!

Anyone think Baz's guest Ray sounds like Baz.

Anyone think Baz's guest Ray sounds like Baz.

Dunno, but apart from Brent they all sound like a bunch of wassers!

I don't mind Baz - he seems genuine. Had to laugh earlier when he spoke to Eileen Dunne - similar thing happened the last time he was presenting.

Not liking this segment with Louise from The Restaurant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

I don't mind Baz - he seems genuine. Had to laugh earlier when he spoke to Eileen Dunne - similar thing happened the last time he was presenting.

Marginally better that the other host. Similar to D'Arcy, he feels the need to tell us all how pu$$y whipped he is by "the missus".

quite fancy Louise from the restaurant but she wrecks my head - too happy clappy.

quite fancy Louise from the restaurant but she wrecks my head - too happy clappy.

Listening to her reminds me of Lorraine Keane when she was on AA Roadwatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Jesus Ray,you could nearly give A few quid donation towards Rorys weddin (as you say yourself)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Pics of Oscar the Grouch ALL over Ashford castle :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I heard the first 10 mins. It was like HELLO magazine for the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

What sort of idiot complains about "spoilers" on Gogglebox? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

What sort of idiot complains about "spoilers" on Gogglebox? :rolleyes:

Oh please say it was a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 19,498 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

sligojoek wrote: »
    I heard the first 10 mins. It was like HELLO magazine for the radio.

Like I keep saying 'hairdresser radio'. with apologies to hairdressers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Another anti Church rant to start the week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement