Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭goochy

Ray and Healy Raes have history , would love it if they came out and said they will meet with boss of RSA , but just not on Rays show !! . Hear his distain for them - maybe they will shut up if theres no votes in it for them.
    Carol from Fair city a fine thing but don't like the posh Dalkey accent ( she is from there mind u !) kept saying ' you know'.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

For a confirmed atheist, D'Arcy is absolutely obsessed with Catholicism.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

What kind of a dog has Ray? I don't think he's ever told us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

sligojoek wrote: »

A poodle and a lap dog apparently

ray will you ever **** off with your anti catholic rants , does he ever give out about muslims ? no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

why the fuk would ANYONE in the catholic church listen to Ray Darcys opinion on what they should do ?

they could do everything he asks the the bolloxs would still never darken a churches door with his family.

feckin eejit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

goochy wrote: »
    ray will you ever **** off with your anti catholic rants , does he ever give out about muslims ? no

It's a sign of a man from a humble background with a chip on his shoulder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

For a confirmed atheist, D'Arcy is absolutely obsessed with Catholicism.

It's the sneaky underhanded way that he does it that gets to me. He's already been pulled up twice by the broadcasting authority, so his approach now is to quote some story that he agrees with and read that out in honeyed tones. Then follow up with a story from the bishop and make subtle, disparaging remarks followed by "What do you think?", so as to give the impressions that he's not actually ramming his opinion down your throat. He's supposedly trying to "start a debate", or so he says.

He's f**king DJ and not a very good one, what makes him think that he has the right to use his job to push his opinions on the nation.

Is it that his parents struggled with all those kids and he blames the church ? Has to be some reason for his hatred

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

It's a sign of a man from a humble background with a chip on his shoulder.

A chip???? I think ray has the whole tree on his shoulder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is it that his parents struggled with all those kids and he blames the church ? Has to be some reason for his hatred

1 in 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

NIMAN wrote: »
    1 in 4?

I'm no fan of Ray (in fact he infuriates me ) but what you are insinuating here is crass and out of order

• Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'm sure my warning/ban will be incoming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Ray got lost going to the airport. The winged airyplanes in the sky usually give it away.

nothing too bad to say about him in my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Hudson Keane, a jaysus Robbie

fans have never warmed to Robbie , is he shy or just not very pleasant ? it wasn't his looks or personality that attracted his glamourous wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

sligojoek wrote: »

Ah now that's a bit tough, she is not that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Ray got lost going to the airport. The winged airyplanes in the sky usually give it away.

He is not fit to be let out on his own, he cant operate the buttons in the studio and he cant use a sat nav. Your a bit of a luddite Raymond!

He might have been star struck at the thought of meeting Robbie maybe.

Yes I think you might have mentioned the psychology degree once or twice Ray, though how studying something 30 years ago makes you any kind of an expert I don't know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Darcy carrying on this crap. Can he not come up with his own topics

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Nostalgia again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

He did a BA in psychology and he thinks he's Carl Jung.

He did a BA in psychology and he thinks he's Carl Jung.

I studied law 20 years ago but I have never worked in the area- if anyone wants any legal advice, cheap rates available

did he actually complete course ? was it some yellow pack version ?
    hes been living in Dublin long before the M50 but cant find Dublin airport ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Not a fan of Rays but, his show has increased its listenership

did he actually complete course ? was it some yellow pack version ?
    hes been living in Dublin long before the M50 but cant find Dublin airport ?
    Trinners finest- he finished it. otherwise we'd never hear about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Listening to Nuacht there read by Ciarán Flaherty? Did you ever hear such a boring monotonous presentation? Dead pan voice. They don't do the language any favours do they? Drags me back into dusty boring schoolrooms and some teacher droning on.

at least hes not getting paid 500k for been boring. , I really am only listening to Darcy just to annoy myself, used to do the same with Tom Dunne in the mornings.

• Advertisement

at least hes not getting paid 500k for been boring. , I really am only listening to Darcy just to annoy myself, used to do the same with Tom Dunne in the mornings.

Try newstalk breakfast if you're looking for more torture

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement