Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭goochy

Can't stand coleman but williams is surprisingly ok . Love the fact they can't stand each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Jaysus Ray, I thought you were a parent? The child is likely crying as it's hungry. Why would moaning like that do any good?

The solution as you should know is breastfeeding. Let the wife wake up a bit and feed it whilst you roll over and sleep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The Bank Holiday death list

thought I'd give Ray a chance today, I thought, "maybe he's improved".

A few minutes in and already he'd managed to slide into the script the fact that he doesn't pray, and played a clip of a baby crying.

Im currently enjoying Movies & Booze on Moncrieff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,498 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

How any discerning listener takes D'Arcy seriously is beyond me.

Hairdresser radio, in my opinion, like 'Who won the Meat Raffle' in the Pub on Sunday.

Not Masie Comerford again surely !! Cue 15 mins of bulldust about how Masie bought €25 worth of tickets for a €12 prize.

Yada yada yada

• Advertisement

thought I'd give Ray a chance today, I thought, "maybe he's improved".

A few minutes in and already he'd managed to slide into the script the fact that he doesn't pray, and played a clip of a baby crying.

Im currently enjoying Movies & Booze on Moncrieff.

I listened to the start of Ray. After the misery of Joe Duffy I thought some light relief would be nice. He starts off with a baby crying, and then humming, then he hums, then someone texts him telling him his hum is out of tune, then he says "How can a hum be out of tune". At this point I decided concentrating on doing my paperwork was more interesting and turned him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Ray obviously still has the hump about being moved on Sat nights for Ames Brown.he said to Detmot Bannon yesterday "at least you have the same slot, Brendan o Carroll cones along and I have to move! Serves him right for whinging about Nuacht

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Ray obviously still has the hump about being moved on Sat nights for Ames Brown.he said to Detmot Bannon yesterday "at least you have the same slot, Brendan o Carroll cones along and I have to move! Serves him right for whinging about Nuacht

Between the unions (who he p1ssed off by bringing his own crew), the nuacht (who he p1ssed off by belittling what they do and eventually getting them moved) and the other RTE staffer (who he p1ssed off by jumping ahead of them to get a Sat nite presenters show, in spite of giving out about RTE for years).... I'd say they were queuing up to be the person that gave him the news about being shifted to make way for Mrs Brown.

I mean, being moved for Mrs Brown really does make light of your own efforts. :D I'd say he got in one of his defeatist moods when he got the news... "haaaaaaaaaa... it's no good .. the shows no good. I knew it wouldn't be. the Jack Nicholson thing, the interview with the baywatch woman.. all terrible.. only a matter of time before the show is cancelled.. haaaaaaa it's all my fault"

The daily lecture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

"bitten" by a jellyfish........hmmmmm i have yet to see a jellyfish with teeth:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Nanny Ray

"It was a bit note a sting... well it's the same thing. . God you're all very pedantic on this Monday".

I'd say they are all queuing up to correct him again. :D

More sermonising, feck off Ray. Oh & re names for kids, there was a moderating system - called the local parish priest................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

"It was a bit note a sting... well it's the same thing. . God you're all very pedantic on this Monday".

I'd say they are all queuing up to correct him again. :D

Heard that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Think Darcy wants to have this lads babies..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Let me see...which button to press ?:(

And now we have the viral slot.

How did you feel about making way for them Ray? A big embarrassing?

I'd love to know what he thinks privately. I'd say he's raging.

did Ray actually say to Bannon about having to move his TV slot for Mrs. brown or are you just assuming that's what he meant by saying ' at least you have your same slot '

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Will D'Arcy tell us his Nipple Erectors anecdote for the 20,000th time?

• Advertisement

"Pair of brown eyes" is not about a new girlfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Like Ray I could have just read Wikipedia to find out about Dunmore East

Trip down memory lane time. Next up, the latest viral youtube video.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Will D'Arcy tell us his Nipple Erectors anecdote for the 20,000th time?

Wouldn't Darcy have been throwing his rattler outta his cot when the Nipple Erectors were on the go or is he older than I imagine..they must have been big Nipple fans in Kildare.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Wouldn't Darcy have been throwing his rattler outta his cot when the Nipple Erectors were on the go or is he older than I imagine..they must have been big Nipple fans in Kildare.

older than I imagine

Eamon Ryan sounds bored out of his tree.

He not letting Ray put words in his mouth.

Here now, you get Lyme's from ticks don't you. She was bitten by flies, midges more likely. Shouldn't have been cycling up Lugnaquilla anyway, them bikers cause bad erosion.

No need for that

older than I imagine

Eamon Ryan sounds bored out of his tree.

He would have been about 12 when they were formed in 76. They were around for about 4 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

goochy wrote: »
    did Ray actually say to Bannon about having to move his TV slot for Mrs. brown or are you just assuming that's what he meant by saying ' at least you have your same slot '

He said, you have your slot then along comes Brendan OCarroll

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement