Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Wouldn't Darcy have been throwing his rattler outta his cot when the Nipple Erectors were on the go or is he older than I imagine..they must have been big Nipple fans in Kildare.

He tells a story over and over again about his mother having a conversation with Shane MacGowan about the Nipple Erectors when he did a radio show from her house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Ronan Mullen had a few great swipes against D'Arcy there... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Got a chuckle out of that alright .

Sean o rourke wasn't happy to be dealing with "that other show"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

He tells a story over and over again about his mother having a conversation with Shane MacGowan about the Nipple Erectors when he did a radio show from her house.

Tis too early in the day for me to listen to nepotistic 'let down' jokes of when he was a babby so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Tis too early in the day for me to listen to nipotistic 'let down' jokes of when he was a babby so to speak.
    FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Gob****e can't even count from 10 to 1 without mistakes.

And your best broadcasting is done well before the age of fifty?

yes ray just like you facebook is interested in profits.

FFS

you know im wondering if trump now sponsoring half of RTEs output with his doonbeg ad isnt some kind of epic troll on his peoples part !

:D

must be winding up Ray no end to realise his wages are coming from trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭goochy

Last time Ronan was on Darcy , I e mailed him to congratulate him . Got e mail back saying thanks and did I want to get his newsletter - never took it up.

• Advertisement

you know im wondering if trump now sponsoring half of RTEs output with his doonbeg ad isnt some kind of epic troll on his peoples part ! :D

It's funny isn't it. The more negative and unbalanced coverage that RTE give about him, the more advertising he seems to put on the channel. Pretty much shows them up for the hypocrites they are.

D'Arcy, lecturing us all about eating fast foot one week, then giving away pizzas last Saturday night so that the sponsors will pay up.

goochy wrote: »
    Last time Ronan was on Darcy , I e mailed him to congratulate him .

I don't agree with him on a lot of Catholic stuff, but I find Ronan Mullen very entertaining. He always makes me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Ray got lost going to the airport. The winged airyplanes in the sky usually give it away.

Just as well he's not a taxi driver, Sat nav says NO!!

Just as well he's not a taxi driver, Sat nav says NO!!

Can you imagine Ray on the Sat Nav.

"In 40 metres, take the next left.. haaaaaa why's that indicator button not working... In 20 metres, take the left.. *SIGH* ... haaaaaaa... you're after missing it now.. you're gonna miss the flight.. NO holiday.. all my fault.. no good... "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Discussing Prince Philips retirement...only 24 hours late

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Discussing Prince Philips retirement...only 24 hours late

the woman who used to play one of the waltons

what a line up

don't know if it was the crisp sambos or just Rays personality which drove that girlfriend away - probably mix of both

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Anyone hear the Charley Boerman interview today? He thought Charley was a paint and decorator, a bit of an awkward few seconds after that booboo.

Jamaica??

No, she went of her own accord.

Bishop on Trump: "You know how it is Ray. You bang out a whole load of simplistic opinions on how to get things done"

Shur Ray invented it.

• Advertisement

I wonder will we hear about "Shane MacGowan in me Ma's kitchen". And the Nipps.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Wasnt listening to this waffler at all today. Just walked into the room as he was finishing the interview with his last guest. What a rude pirck.

please explain ??

sligojoek wrote: »
    I wonder will we hear about "Shane MacGowan in me Ma's kitchen". And the Nipps.
    BINGO.

I wonder is Keith Barry looking for an apprentice.

girl gets her tits out in the aussie parliment to feed the kid and its meant to mean something.

jesus RAY is like listening to a channel four focus group session.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Who cares what you said Ray, and no one cared what Fry said either, as there was no case.

Ray's daily intro, where he wittles on, makes those funny voices and chuckles to himself, makes him sound like an in-patient on a psychiatric ward.

has Farcy got a touch of asbergers himself ? not joking either.
    thought Djs were supposed to have personalities - wonder how he managed with all the buttons when he was doing discos ?

goochy wrote: »
    has Farcy got a touch of asbergers himself ? not joking either.
    thought Djs were supposed to have personalities - wonder how he managed with all the buttons when he was doing discos ?

Think those were 'needle in the groove' days, very little button use...just a volume 'up' or 'down' thingy ;-) I could be wrong of course.

• Advertisement

girl gets her tits out in the aussie parliment to feed the kid and its meant to mean something.

jesus RAY is like listening to a channel four focus group session.

IIRC today 'They say, Some say, I read somewhere' said no one had breastfed in the Dáil. How would he know...just because it didn't say so in the newspaper. I don't think it's any of his or our business who breastfeeds or not or where they do it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement