Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,780 ✭✭✭buried

Former minister for Health giving out free Lion bars. Says it all ffs

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

WTF am i listening to?

child birth, yoga ,tibeten monks ????

he's taking the piss.

FFS Ray has been playing footage of a baby crying, yet again. Back to Moncrieff again

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Ray has completely lost the plot today - support groups for expectant Dads, sweet jaysus, must we have a support group for everything - some people really overthink things.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

A woman ... who married herself, her Dad gave her away to herself, she had 15 Bridemaids at her wedding. I'm not sure whether to check the calendar or my meds after 23 minutes of this show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Ray has completely lost the plot today - support groups for expectant Dads, sweet jaysus, must we have a support group for everything - some people really overthink things.

I think you spoke too soon..

There's 500K sitting across the desk from you Mary, how about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

25 FOOOOOOOT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Ummm what just happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭goochy

According to Farcy - Kennys term in office was meh ! whatever that means - so intelligent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

goochy wrote: »
    According to Farcy - Kennys term in office was meh ! whatever that means - so intelligent.

Ironic coming from a man, who if he kept to his word, should have been out of the country for the duration of it.

I don't think D'Arcy's TV show reached meh! on it's best night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Talking sense at least re Eurovision - send that useless Louis Walsh chap packing. D'Arcy a bit embarrassed - Mooney would be having a melt down at the idea :)

Two feet straight in to it again D'Arcy.

Two feet straight in to it again D'Arcy.

Re the drug use? To be fair, Christy was giving a fairly open interview before that and seemed open to all comment. Can't have it both ways - I'll mouth off on this but not talk on that :)

Supposed to be some review of Eurovision thing next week, that'll be a damp squib now - should have brought Christy etc in to launch their missiles then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

When i saw this headline:
    A Kildare man has been acquitted of attempted burglary at the home of celebrity impressionist Mario Rosenstock.

I immediately thought of BuzzKill D'arcy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I listened to the start of the show, because I wanted to listen to him talk to Donovan. He is not on till after 4. He was asking when was the last time a taoiseach could run 3 miles in 29 minutes. The show is much worse than i remembered :eek:

He'll have great time for Leo. He's gay, has immigrant blood and doen't speak Irish.

Age Tick
    Children Tick
    Pregnancy Tick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Wouldn't it be sweet if RTE didn't renew Farcys contract and if he ended up long-term unemployed

• Advertisement

D'arcy is just the wrong guy to have covering this item if RTE wanted it to be covered in any serious manner.

Donovan's interview a bit awkward and his 'singing' a good example of why old rockers should hang up the gee-taar.......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,498 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Donovan's interview a bit awkward and his 'singing' a good example of why old rockers should hang up the gee-taar.......

You mean "Dunnavan" in D'arcy speak.

Personally,I feel that these no names should be banned from the airwaves.

Past sell by.

Good perhaps in their day, but know when it's time to quit laddie.

Neil Diamond, Tom Jones, Cliff Richard, Neil Simon, et al.....please copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

You mean "Dunnavan" in D'arcy speak.

Personally,I feel that these no names should be banned from the airwaves.

Past sell by.

Good perhaps in their day, but know when it's time to quit laddie.

Neil Diamond, Tom Jones, Cliff Richard, Neil Simon, et al.....please copy.

Can't say that I've ever seen Neil Simon on stage, apart from his plays. Maybe he's been keeping his singing career a well-kept secret?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,498 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Can't say that I've ever seen Neil Simon on stage, apart from his plays. Maybe he's been keeping his singing career a well-kept secret?

'Arry!

What can I say!

Clean head shot!

No excuses.

Could they not get him to stop doing that massive nasal exhalation every time that he introduces somebody. And the swallowing noises. You would swear he had never been in front of a mic in his life.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... running, porridge, giving out about the Church.. Haaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭goochy

what about a balanced report about running , theres bad things about it and a lot of boring people having mid life crises do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

what about a balanced report about running , theres bad things about it and a lot of boring people having mid life crises do it.

I can't wait for the time when Ray takes over Liveline and in 10/15 years he is answering calls about people needing to get hip replacements.

Ray: 'So who advised you to run?'
    Caller: 'You did Ray'
    Ray: Sigh 'You see...you see... you were running wrong'

• Advertisement

I heard him on earlier telling how to make a best man speech.

No dirty jokes or double entendres. No stories about the stag night or rugby weekends away. Include the bride and err on the side of caution and talk more about her than the groom. Don't say anything that will upset the mother of the bride.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement