Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭goochy

Words from a dull dull man

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

he would buy a holiday home in Donegal if he could afford one:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

John Cleese was so important to Ray that he was prepared to move the Nuacht... again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

John Cleese was so important to Ray that he was prepared to move the Nuacht... again.

He asked the guy he had on about the food myths what was the traffic like as he was hoping to have an interview with John Cleese :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Cleese will have all the funny drained out of him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

threein99 wrote: »
    He asked the guy he had on about the food myths what was the traffic like as he was hoping to have an interview with John Cleese :D

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dy0Nx7jNqHqI&ved=0ahUKEwi2_6eboYvUAhWlOsAKHSD_BJUQ3ywIHDAA&usg=AFQjCNFuptQa_tAIExygqKPd3oqNUck5IA

Alan asking where roger Moore was stuck in traffic sureal

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Jesus he's some lick ar$e

sligojoek wrote: »
    Jesus he's some lick ar$e

Yep. The phone line is better in the Alan partridge clip

cuts short Kathryn lynch , ' ah sure we can chat on off air'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

goochy wrote: »
    cuts short Kathryn lynch , ' ah sure we can chat on off air'

Finally he did something worthwhile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,453 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Was it my imagination or did he say his nickname used to be 'Arsey D'Arcy'?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

D'Arcy remembers the National Anthem closedown on RTE "from his childhood". Eh, it was still going well into the 1980's Ray, so you would've been in your 20's....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

RD expounding on the art of songwriting. Is there no end to this man's abilities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Poor Ray rightly put his foot in it with his 'codladh snamh'!! You wouldn't mind but he said it at least twice and with great conviction. He'd be better off staying away from the Gaeilge, just like the rest of us :)

Poor Ray rightly put his foot in it with his 'codladh snamh'!! You wouldn't mind but he said it at least twice and with great conviction. He'd be better off staying away from the Gaeilge, just like the rest of us :)

I actually thought that was the way the email writer had written it, so I wasn't going to be too hard on D'Arcy. Then it turns out the listener had written "codladh sámh".

He really is an idiot.

citykat wrote: »
    RD expounding on the art of songwriting. Is there no end beginning to this man's abilities?

Fixed that for you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Sounded like a awkward interview with that chess woman

What's the point of that email bag garbage ?

does that mailbag guy actually get paid or do they just feel sorry for him and let him do it ?

does that mailbag guy actually get paid or do they just feel sorry for him and let him do it ?

Knowing RTE, he probably gets a handsome fee for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

dont think ive heard anything as pathetic as his interview of John Cleese yesterday . Sycophantic , doffing the cap, arse licking of the worst kind. I tell you, Cleese must be desperate if he is stooping to being interviewed by irelands " Alan Partridge "

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭blade1

dont think ive heard anything as pathetic as his interview of John Cleese yesterday . Sycophantic , doffing the cap, arse licking of the worst kind. I tell you, Cleese must be desperate if he is stooping to being interviewed by irelands " Alan Partridge "

Hey!!
    That's a bit harsh!!!!

On Alan Partridge!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

I actually thought that was the way the email writer had written it, so I wasn't going to be too hard on D'Arcy. Then it turns out the listener had written "codladh sámh".

Ah, I'd say he's embarrassed over that one - as he said it with such certainty, relish & conviction.

The chess interview was cringe central. He kept asking stupid questions about whether males were sexist against her. Lol hilarious then when she called the computer de blu no issues as this was just her pronunciation but the clown farce who is paid 500k a year to research this mumbled yes it was de blu. For the record farcy the computer was called Deep Blue!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The chess interview was cringe central. He kept asking stupid questions about whether males were sexist against her. Lol hilarious then when she called the computer de blu no issues as this was just her pronunciation but the clown farce who is paid 500k a year to research this mumbled yes it was de blu. For the record farcy the computer was called Deep Blue!
    Yea, he was in full on feminnazi manhater mode.

He had another bash at the guy who did Pippa Middleton's wedding speech.
    Ray, if you're reading, It wasn't your wedding. It's none of your business.

Ah, I'd say he's embarrassed over that one - as he said it with such certainty, relish & conviction.

If that's the case then he's probably permanently embarrassed over all the gaffes and blunders he makes on an almost daily basis. Somehow I have a feeling that he doesn't give it too much thought. He comes across as a chap who's completely lacking in self-awareness and self-criticism.

talking of Rays views of what a wedding speech should be like , could you imagine what Rays stag was like ?
    a run and a porridge eating competition ?? cant imagine a person as boring as him having many friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

talking of Rays views of what a wedding speech should be like , could you imagine what Rays stag was like ?
    a run and a porridge eating competition ?? cant imagine a person as boring as him having many friends.

It was a few drinks and watching the Alan Partridge movie I think. It was mentioned during his today fm days. To be fair if thats what he wanted why not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

And how many times did he say ArianDa Granda. I thought he was meant to know something about popular music.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement