Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It was a few drinks and watching the Alan Partridge movie I think. It was mentioned during his today fm days. To be fair if thats what he wanted why not.

He didn't mention what the drinks were. Probably a selection of fruit juices, but limited to two glasses each because of naturally occurring sugar content.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Ah...the Monday autopsy of his Sith Saturday show.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,453 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

He used to promote fast food???

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I love the sing-songy nature of the Cork accent - Harry Angstrom, stand by for a call :D

I love the sing-songy nature of the Cork accent - Harry Angstrom, stand by for a call :D

Between those lads and the Clare woman on Liveline, it's been an entertaining hour!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Does anyone bring out a 'study' or 'report' these days, whose subtext and conclusion is not 'give us more dosh'??????

Sr.Stan of Sisters of Charity ambushed by D'Arcy it seems - both seem equally awkward about the line of questions!

I like Sister Stan, she has great integrity. A pipsqueak like D'Arcy won't be getting the better of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Ray is a lot more restrained than he usually is about the CC in his line of questioning. He likely doesnt want to offend an old woman.

I don't care what age someone is, they need to answer the difficult questions on the CC, whether they like it or not.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I don't care what age someone is, they need to answer the difficult questions on the CC, whether they like it or not.

Do you think she should be held responsible for the actions of other people within the Church? She's led a good life and has done her best to help people. I don't see why you should think she should be somehow held to account for the wrongs that other people have done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

I like Sister Stan, she has great integrity. A pipsqueak like D'Arcy won't be getting the better of her.

For somebody who likes to confront those in power, she went fairly quiet when quizzed on the sisters of charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Do you think she should be held responsible for the actions of other people within the Church? She's led a good life and has done her best to help people. I don't see why you should think she should be somehow held to account for the wrongs that other people have done.

She said its media led! Nothing to do with the actions of those in the employ of the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,661 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Yes, it seems rather crass of Ray to keep bringing his thoughts on the failings of the Church into every interview with a religious person.

He has some pretty simplistic opinions on religion, constantly lumping in religious belief with the institutional church, as if it's all exactly the same thing.

citykat wrote: »
    She said its media led! Nothing to do with the actions of those in the employ of the order.

She said the recent antipathy towards the Sisters of Charity and the new maternity hospital was media led, and she would have a point with that. Church-bashing has become a national pastime with the media and the permanently outraged Twitterati. Funny how they never seem to focus their anger on Islam, and if you want an example of that, listen back to D'Arcy's soft-soap interview with Ali Selim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Funny how they never seem to focus their anger on Islam, and if you want an example of that, listen back to D'Arcy's soft-soap interview with Ali Selim.

That interview really makes my blood boil. The hypocrisy of all those people who went after Martin O'Neill for his stupid "queer" joke, yet when the head of a religion says that being gay is a sin not a word is said. And people say I'm crazy when I tell them not to believe what they see on the bit flat screened colourldy box in the corner.. There is no such thing as balanced news coverage, there is always an agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Farcy **** all over meldamay here
    Christ I want to break the radio when he's on.

Is Ray looking for a divorce?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

RTE. Well in general once again fapping over imelda.. And not to forget to mention Jenny.. Ughhh.. Where is the god dam hammer..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Folks none of ye have to listen to his show. There are plenty of other radio stations which one could choose to listen to every day between 15.00hrs and 16.30hrs instead.

Do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

She said the recent antipathy towards the Sisters of Charity and the new maternity hospital was media led, and she would have a point with that. Church-bashing has become a national pastime with the media and the permanently outraged Twitterati. Funny how they never seem to focus their anger on Islam, and if you want an example of that, listen back to D'Arcy's soft-soap interview with Ali Selim.

..plenty of people like yourself doing that already Harry.No shortage on radio,youtube ,blogs,forums...really you don't need to worry yourself on that one.In fact its manna for trolls and keyboard warriors to get on their high horses about....loving their own self importance...pain in the hole most of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

"And then I remember Bill Wyman, and it got me thinking what was it I remembered about him. It was the fact that he was married to Mandy Smith, who was much younger than him.... and the opportunity it gave me, once again, to be judgmental about somebody and something that has nothing to do with me at all. "

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

hinault wrote: »
    Folks none of ye have to listen to his show. There are plenty of other radio stations which one could choose to listen to every day between 15.00hrs and 16.30hrs instead.

Do it!

Hainault..that's too simple ...what else would they whinge about....oh wait

jimmynokia wrote: »
    RTE. Well in general once again fapping over imelda.. And not to forget to mention Jenny.. Ughhh.. Where is the god dam hammer..

What's wrong with Jenny? Except while Ray is away, she has her hands on bulls balls ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

southstar wrote: »
    Hainault..that's too simple ...what else would they whinge about....oh wait

That's true.
    Peoples capacity for masochism though is interesting.

If I didn't like to listen/see something, I'd find an alternative. Just saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

What's wrong with Jenny? Except while Ray is away, she has her hands on bulls balls ;)

Thought you said blue balls there - wouldn't surprise me if that's a common occurrence in the Darcy household.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

give John Joe his own show

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Interesting the people playing fast and loose with the forum charter!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Today's progamme has been brought to you by Skype, Facetime and the RTE Guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Damn just in, missed the riding talk

is Nuacht gone now altogether or just he just head over when he feels like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

hinault wrote: »

Do it!

I for one choose to listen for the laugh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement