Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

A Biiiiig hug.
    18740118_845568362264108_6138598864783720610_n.png?oh=3b4bd2ed425f9680b243798c3e7a6b31&oe=59A1BE14

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭goochy

bugger off Hinault , I cant stand Moncrieff and don't like listening to music.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

hinault wrote: »
    Folks none of ye have to listen to his show. There are plenty of other radio stations which one could choose to listen to every day between 15.00hrs and 16.30hrs instead.

Do it!
    Is that all he's on for ? An hour and a half and he's getting 500k 😧 and nobody tell me he's in all day planning because that clown couldn't plan a child's party, Jesus RTE really are laughing at the Irish taxpayers and the nerve to suggest a hundred percent increase in the fee

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Is that all he's on for ? An hour and a half and he's getting 500k 😧 and nobody tell me he's in all day planning because that clown couldn't plan a child's party, Jesus RTE really are laughing at the Irish taxpayers and the nerve to suggest a hundred percent increase in the fee

Don't forget the 2 hours on a Sat night

Don't forget the Sat . show isn't on all year ! don't watch myself but no its not on all year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

:pac::pac:
    I can't believe you're still banging on about ray Darcy

hinault wrote: »
    Folks none of ye have to listen to his show. There are plenty of other radio stations which one could choose to listen to every day between 15.00hrs and 16.30hrs instead.

Do it!

Don't you be talking sense now!

Do you not realise that there's a significant cohort of people who 'work' in places where their colleagues grab them in headlocks and force em to listen to Darcy.

I'd love to have a job that permitted me to listen uninterrupted to every minute off a radio programme so I could b1tch and moan about it every day....

some of us are addicted to the feeling of being annoyed and irritated for 1 1/2hr every week day !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I was just lying in bed with the sister-in-law this morning and I remarked to her "I wonder what is the oldest functioning radio cassette player in the country. :(. .500 k. :)

goochy wrote: »
    some of us are addicted to the feeling of being annoyed and irritated for 1 1/2hr every week day !

oh, dont get me wrong, His show is poor and how he gets the listeners is beyond me.......I'm just baffled at how the same posters consistently moan here about him in such a personal manner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I was just lying in bed with the sister-in-law this morning and I remarked to her "I wonder what is the oldest functioning radio cassette player in the country. :(. .500 k. :)

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

digzy wrote: »
    oh, dont get me wrong, His show is poor and how he gets the listeners is beyond me.......I'm just baffled at how the same posters consistently moan here about him in such a personal manner.

Some people dont have a choice of what to put on the radio, as other people play the station of THEIR choice in the office. And also there is very little choice of what station given that that other equally irritating smart ar$e is on at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,498 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

digzy wrote: »

Perhaps it's because the lad is totally clueless,has very poor understanding of 'things' out of his depth, has a very poor all round grasp of things, has a very narrow area of interest and yet anchors a prestigious time on national radio.

Has me puzzled that's for sure.

Perhaps it's because the lad is totally clueless,has very poor understanding of 'things' out of his depth, has a very poor all round grasp of things, has a very narrow area of interest and yet anchors a prestigious time on national radio.

Has me puzzled that's for sure.

He gets the listeners. Can't argue with the public.hes very popular

Not my cup of tea btw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Maybe if we complain enough on here someone in RTE might have the cajones to sack the twat.

"A new idiot every day. "

Sounds like more of a description of the guests on this show. Absolutely despise Andrew Maxwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Why do him and Tubridy have to bring Trump into every interview?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Why do him and Tubridy have to bring Trump into every interview?

It's for those conspiracy theory programs that I hate Maxwell the most. People had legitimate questions about contradictions in the 9/11 Commission Report, and he bullied them, commented about them in derogatory manner, and used underhanded editing to make them look like idiots.

Maybe if we complain enough on here someone in RTE might have the cajones to sack the twat.

Took them around three years to realise poor John was not a fit for the 09-10 slot when this forum spotted it in the first week.

Don't hold your breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Heard Ray and his production team put their foot in the facts again yesterday. The Festival of Writing & Ideas was twice announced as being in Borris-in-Ossory............

Whereas it's of course in Borris, Co.Carlow which is most definitely not in Ossory :)http://festivalofwritingandideas.com/2017-festival-dates-announced/

It's not that hard to check basic facts surely??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Research? This lad can't spell it. He had a Canadian singer sexsmith I think on the show yesterday The singer said "everyone says I love your music you know sometimes I would like to ask back name a song so...." cue dead fearful silence from ray with was a real lol moment

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Took them around three years to realise poor John was not a fit for the 09-10 slot when this forum spotted it in the first week.

Don't hold your breath.

Why would they sack an incredibly popular host who's grown his audience in every book since arriving at the station IIRC?

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Why would they sack an incredibly popular host who's grown his audience in every book since arriving at the station IIRC?

"Incredibly popular" :confused:

Bit strong surely?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I think it's apt.

That he is popular at all is incredible.

I think it's apt.

That he is popular at all is incredible.

Jaysus!

I'll have to lie down and think about that.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

"Incredibly popular" :confused:

Bit strong surely?

Well he's more popular than his predecessor in that slot and his successors in his old slot.

Sorry to bring reality into the equation, carry on dreaming that RTE will some day "wake up" and just say "Get the hell out D'Arcy! We don't care that you're growing our audience in that slot! We don't care that we signed a contract! People on Boards.ie want you sacked, so hit the bricks buddy!"

Don't get me wrong, I'm as baffled as anyone that it's working out, but it IS working out so far despite the narrative on this thread.

Well he's more popular than his predecessor in that slot and his successors in his old slot.

Sorry to bring reality into the equation, carry on dreaming that RTE will some day "wake up" and just say "Get the hell out D'Arcy! We don't care that you're growing our audience in that slot! We don't care that we signed a contract! People on Boards.ie want you sacked, so hit the bricks buddy!"

Don't get me wrong, I'm as baffled as anyone that it's working out, but it IS working out so far despite the narrative on this thread.

I wouldn't be the most voiceiferous against D'Arcy,W.

I think he is very poor as a presenter, not my kind of radio, as I said in other posts 'barbershop radio' background chaff.

That's why I gave up tuning in unless forced

You are correct in your assessment of course, pity such drivel and poor presentation is popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Once you take away the lecturing, the odd faux pas and some of his private obsessions, Ray D'Arcy does well because he often comes across as personable and human. He can relate well to ordinary people.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,022 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Ordinary people are a mysterious race, unheard of and misunderstood. It is said in the ancient Greek texts that ordinary people inhabit the northern forests of Albania. They closely resemble you and me, except for their uncanny lack of sex appeal.

• Advertisement

You could put anybody in that slot and they would be guaranteed a certain listener base. Carry over from Liveline, being on the national station, and lack of any alternative except that smarmy smartar$e on Newstalk. And whenever the figures are released, RTE always give the same mealy mouthed crap - if the figures are up then it's a justification of how the broadcaster is a great lad, if the figures are down external conditions are blamed but we express full confidence in x who has been a great broadcaster for the last y years.I think they have a stock of templates for those types of excuses for every time that they move Tubridy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement