Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,022 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I think that is too simplistic. If there was a straight carry over from Liveline then D'Arcy would be up at 395,000 which Duffy gets, making him the second most listened to after Morning Ireland. Instead of which D'Arcy is at number 16 with 216,000 putting him also below News at One and Drive Time. But he has reversed the fall in numbers previous to his arrival which demonstrates that it is more complex than you think.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/arts-culture-news/radio-saviour-ray-darcy-faces-5612977

It wouldn't hurt RTE to lose the handful of listeners to Duffy, D'Arcy and Finuncane on these threads who only tune in to get offended, and for material to express their outrage. Why they keep repeating this behaviour is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,498 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I think that is too simplistic. If there was a straight carry over from Liveline then D'Arcy would be up at 395,000 which Duffy gets, making him the second most listened to after Morning Ireland. Instead of which D'Arcy is at number 16 with 216,000 putting him also below News at One and Drive Time. But he has reversed the fall in numbers previous to his arrival which demonstrates that it is more complex than you think.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/arts-culture-news/radio-saviour-ray-darcy-faces-5612977

It wouldn't hurt RTE to lose the handful of listeners to Duffy, D'Arcy and Finuncane on these threads who only tune in to get offended, and for material to express their outrage. Why they keep repeating this behaviour is beyond me.

Given the fact that it took them 5 years to realise poor John wasn't a fit I wouldn't hold my breath.

Briefly my position.

Duffy.. Good at what he does..knows how to press the 'right' buttons to generate controversy..good at playing the class card.Keeps Liveline in the news. paid far too much.

Finucane.. Competent but lazy, relatively easy to replace... Paid far too much

D'Arcy... No reccomendable talents from my perspective, poorly informed, staccato delivery, false, not suitable for that genre of programme.Annoying in the extreme.
    Fully realise this is a personal view and that the show has its followers but whether that is due to D'Arcy or other influences is debatable.
    Paid way too much.

Hope that clears a up any comment on my take on things.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

This Leaving Cert fella on now seems to have spent more time talking to radio presenters today than actually studying. Heard him speaking to Hook earlier.
    Hilarious how he thinks the LC should be overhauled. They tried to do that with the Junior Cert and the teachers threw a few spanners in the works. I doubt the Dept of Education will go anywhere near the Leaving Cert after that debacle......

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

This must be her third time on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Re Leaving Cert bloke...

You had me UNTIL you said you might get into politics

Sounds like a future Simon Harris/Leo Varadkar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

I dont know why they still make out that it is so difficult for women in business. Sure the fact that men are portrayed as rapists and idiots in the media helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,649 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

How would the phone know if you were a passenger or driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

just one big boring lecture

yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Quiz time: Can anyone remember what D'Arcy got in his leaving?

Jennys big starring role in The Snapper

• Advertisement
    M

Wasn't a Hiace it was a VW Transporter.

We put your music to documentaries about dead children, that's what we do here. Good man ray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

PJ Gallagher rolled out again today for the millionth time and Ray gushing all over him. Sickens my hole when Ray starts ogling him and that other unfunny person Jason Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭goochy

Ray says to south African woman ( of which how will she live here / marry for citizenship ??),
    ' so are these high jackings robberies of sort? '' - what else is a highjacking normally ?

Isn't Ireland great all the same, lads?

how long is the husband dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Christ the clown what a poor interview.

You can just tell that Duffy hates Ray D'Arcy.

Ahhha no mention of the other libel on his show

Ray shed a tear. Nothing new there.

• Advertisement

You could say that he's carrying YOU Ray.

"We're a small team, we're a small team"

with the wage bill of a small country... Why is he continuously playing the poor mouth, he's on a f**king fortune.

M

Ask him when did he decide to go from an employee to a contractor.

Ray gutting him here lol

M

Sell "your difference", lol.

M

Joe hoping for the 4pm News.

This is great

"Okay yeah".

lol... RTE's lead ambusher gets ambushed.

M

Ray might ask him has he ever read a thread on de Bowards.eye e.

• Advertisement
    M

Will your 2nd buke be also printed in Germany?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement