Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Joe seems a bit sore over the fact that Ray got the TV show.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Joe Duffy "My favourite places in Dubalin (unadulterated kip)" wonder will L'Ecrivan feature

• Registered Users Posts: 82,645 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You would swear one of the tasks on offer was to desludge the septic tank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Nervous laugh from Ray when Duffy hints he might do a radio chat show if asked. Poor old Joe though, his great talents stymied by management!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

That's an old Ringo Starr joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Joe's TV show on dublin could be epic aka Alan partridge journey of his life

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭goochy

Joe and Ray , x2 of my least fav. people.
    Joe says people should say hello to Gaybo.
    Remember years ago at height of his fame , out with relatives we saw him walking in Howth - blew the horn at him ( this was well before I phones / I pods) and he totally blanked us. Never liked him since and find him obnoxious. Maybe now hes not so wealthy and popular hes more humble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

goochy wrote: »
    Joe and Ray , x2 of my least fav. people.
    Joe says people should say hello to Gaybo.
    Remember years ago at height of his fame , out with relatives we saw him walking in Howth - blew the horn at him ( this was well before I phones / I pods) and he totally blanked us. Never liked him since and find him obnoxious. Maybe now hes not so wealthy and popular hes more humble.

I had a teacher that met him on a ferry years ago went to say hello completely blanked him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I knew a guy who climbed a tree at the back of Gaybo's house in Howth and waved to him as he and his wife got undressed for bed. Gaybo not only blanked him, but closed the curtains and called the cops as well. Never had any time for him after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I knew a guy who climbed a tree at the back of Gaybo's house in Howth and waved to him as he and his wife got undressed for bed. Gaybo not only blanked him, but closed the curtains and called the cops as well. Never had any time for him after that.

Hope he got counselling Joe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Was he expecting Gay and Kathleen to put on a Late Late show for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,645 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What colour were the curtains?

Have you a link to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭blade1

What distance did the Judge tell you,you had to stay away from Gaybo's house after that?

supposed to be funny ??

Ray's crusade to shut down the internet continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,453 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Ray fecks up again. He asks a 12 year old if an Ed Sheeran song is about her dead mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Ray fecks up again. He asks a 12 year old if an Ed Sheeran song is about her dead mother.

I switched off 20 minutes ago for my nap. Glad I did now, think it might have upset me.

when that woman was talking about phone use etc. - she said ' oh you read that bit ? '
    not sure if it was dig at Rays lack of research or she was saying everyone reads Tinder section.

7 mins in and The Irish Times and eggs are mentioned. She'll have all the boxes ticked by 3.30.

• Advertisement

Widows memories- that’s what my dad calls cocktail sausages, am not entirely sure why, something to do with willies no doubt- his humour is very much Mrs Brown

Watched Conor’s show at the weekend, 999 or something. He revealed a cowboy builder a la Dominic Littlewood, that had left people with work unfinished despite people paying him. Then time for the denouement…..Builder could not be contacted, useless!! Why bother airing the programme, that’s the main reason anyone watches these things

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Just turned on for the last 3 mins to get drivetime...jesus who were those lot trying to sing..shocking stuff.

yes poor imitation , cant believe it got another series.

Just turned on for the last 3 mins to get drivetime...jesus who were those lot trying to sing..shocking stuff.

One of them is Rod Stewart's daughter.

Watched Conor’s show at the weekend, 999 or something. He revealed a cowboy builder a la Dominic Littlewood, that had left people with work unfinished despite people paying him. Then time for the denouement…..Builder could not be contacted, useless!! Why bother airing the programme, that’s the main reason anyone watches these things

I find Conor Pope so annoying.

Comes across as such a know all

yes and not like he deals with anything complicated , not exactly heavy intelligent stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭applehunter

Dealing with hotels, travel agents & airlines can be a bureaucratic nightmare.

He gives good advice I find.

Ray must be off because there is a gambling related competition on all week.

• Advertisement

KT is true to form, in full 'luvvie' mode, reality tv the main subject.

Hit the off button once my suspicions were realised.

Terrible crap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement