Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭goochy

strange Ray is off when kids still at school , could he have had a romantic break ?
    does this mean he wont bore us with what the kids did while they were on holidays ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

goochy wrote: »
    strange Ray is off when kids still at school , could he have had a romantic break ?
    does this mean he wont bore us with what the kids did while they were on holidays ?

He took them out of school for a cheap holiday. Cheap skate

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

KT is true to form, in full 'luvvie' mode, reality tv the main subject.

Hit the off button once my suspicions were realised.

Terrible crap.
    Did she mention "Himself" yet?

yes something about them being away for weekend , better than hearing about Rays kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Jump on the bandwagon Thomas...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Just heard the last ten minutes today and held my head in shame with the nonsense that our main station was coming out with. I don't know exactly what I was listening to. A group of women talking about ... something. I don't know. They didn't sound like teenagers but they seemed to be asking each other many questions? I didn't understand why? They were all very giddy? Like? OMG? American teenagers talk like that? But these were grown women? I heard the word bra ? mentioned and they all burst out... like... laughing?

Very quiet on hear with Ray off , Kathryn isn't exactly brilliant but shes not getting paid huge money and my stress levels don't go up like when Ray is on.
    There really is nothing unique ( other than his level of incompetence) about the man - hes easy to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Poor choice of phrase there Katheryn- "bored out of his cotton picking mind"

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

she must have no shame handing in a invoice for spouting this nonsense

Frances Black really annoys me , such a do gooder.
    Remember hearing her always saying shes an alcoholic , but read up on her - shes was no more an alcoholic than the average irish person - just think shes an attention seeker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Frances Black really annoys me , such a do gooder.
    Remember hearing her always saying shes an alcoholic , but read up on her - shes was no more an alcoholic than the average irish person - just think shes an attention seeker.

The syrup level was fairly high in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Frances Black independent Senator on air for 47 minutes of adulation, praise and self promotion. Remember the day that the Fine Gael & Fianna Fail Senator got the same platform? No, I don't either.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I heard a bit of her in the car. She was as sanctimonious about drink as Ray is about sugar and gambling.

her sister Mary , got the looks and talent - think Marys a fine looking woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

They are running ads for The Ray D'Arcy Show, in which a clip of Kathryn Thomas interviewing somebody is played. This just doesn't make any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

They are running ads for The Ray D'Arcy Show, in which a clip of Kathryn Thomas interviewing somebody is played. This just doesn't make any sense.

Happens on every station. They can't very well promote the show with an interview from 2-3 weeks ago or it's going to sound outdated. I'd imagine most people get what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I think Peter has a point. Think of the profound disappointment felt by us hordes of Ray fans, daily mesermised by his great intellect and humility, when we hear the ad and realise it's going to be the nice but rather dull Kathryn taking us through to 4.30 instead of our hero Ray. Better to keep us in suspense till 3 o clock, i reckon, and there's still a small chance we'll stay tuned despite our obvious disappointment.

wonder what listenership like when hes off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

wonder what listenership like when hes off ?

Whatever Ray gets plus one (you). I know you don't listen to Ray because it is too stressful for you.

no I do . I enjoy making myself stressed . It makes me feel alive ?

• Advertisement

I'd love to know what D'Arcy's CV said.

"- Competent at using one of those mixing desk thing-a-ma-jigs"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'd love to know what D'Arcy's CV said.

"- Competent at using one of those mixing desk thing-a-ma-jigs"

More like:

"- Competent at using one of those mixing desk thing-a-ma-ju... no not that one, this one, ig... that key not working, hold on, hold on, s."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭mountain

Be easy on me now, it's my first day back....

Ah sure just do a half show, build up to the full 90 minutes by weds

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Next week, D'Arcy might be doing a piece on parents who take their kids out of school early to take them on foreign holidays....

"Our kids will see no cash in their time".

Who is D'Arcy leaving all the RTE gold to, the Church?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭mountain

Next week, D'Arcy might be doing a piece on parents who take their kids out of school early to take them on foreign holidays....

To save money,
    Hard to make that 500k stretch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Ray's back !

Loved the little story about one of his meals. A platter of fish .....dirt cheap it was 'cause Portugal is on the coast with the Atlantic ocean.....a bit like Donegal, Sligo, Mayo, Galway, Clare, Limerick and Kerry.

Beep Beep...

Another D'Arcy car crash imminent.

Ray didn't ask about the morals of going off with a married man, as it is only popular to question the morals of the Church.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Questions for the Professor well researched as usual. Who is your no strings?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement