Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

We should all be allowed use our Dixie horns on our way to a County final IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Will we be treated to Ray's boring holiday stories for the rest of the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I like Albert Hammond, I wish someone else was interviewing him. Two awful statues unveiled in Limerick last week - Terry Wogan & Anthony Foley, they deserved better. I could have cried when I saw Anthony's :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

God forbid but could you imagine if something actually dramatic or even mildly interesting ever happened in Ray's family's life, would he host a week long special about it?

Richard from 'I Love Limerick' does a lot to promote the city but boy he is painful to listen to. He doesn't half fancy himself!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

I like Albert Hammond, I wish someone else was interviewing him. Two awful statues unveiled in Limerick last week - Terry Wogan & Anthony Foley, they deserved better. I could have cried when I saw Anthony's :(

The foley one is awful. The wogan one less so

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Listening to the woman talking about her abusive husband for 10 minutes. I missed the start of the interview and I have no idea who it is. Gone to the news now and still no idea who it is. D'Arcy is useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

Will we be treated to Ray's boring holiday stories for the rest of the week?
    Rambling Ray D'Arsey.

This is such a treat, Albert Hammond has written some beautiful songs and he comes across as such a nice man with no ego.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Ray: "And he died aged only 56".
    Albert: "He was 59".
    Ray: "59.. ye... ye".

has D'Arcy got anything right today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

This is such a treat, Albert Hammond has written some beautiful songs and he comes across as such a nice man with no ego.

He's such a top drawer guest. Flows from anicdotes to music seamlessly. Shame he's only given 15 minutes and a pity it was Ray handling him.

Edit- I'd love to be in a nice boozer listening to him.

I could have listened to Albert for another hour or two... he certainly brightened my afternoon. He is such a great guest .... he could teach the X Factor generation a thing or two about great music.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭goochy

really have a thing for Norah Casey , just shows she is more sensitive than she appeared on Dragons den - another chance for Ray to slag off men.

Remember on Baggot street bridge a few years back - getting a smile from Norah - think she must be cougar as shes quite a bit older than me - still makes me smile when I see her on tv.

goochy wrote: »
    really have a thing for Norah Casey .....

Remember on Baggot street bridge a few years back - getting a smile from Norah - think she must be cougar as shes quite a bit older than me - still makes me smile when I see her on tv.

Dear God, you've made a gigantic leap there in all fairness... perhaps she was smiling because:

She was in good form/having a good day or she was simply being friendly. I nearly always smile when I'm saying hello to people, it doesn't mean I want to jump on them :p

Ok I know it's very vain but I am considered east on the eye and I know she's appreaciates a good looking guy. !
    Wouldn't be clever enough for her that's for sure !

Jobs OXO wrote: »
    The foley one is awful. The wogan one less so
    Anthony Foley's sculpture looks nothing like him, I genuinely find it upsetting to look at. Anthony was such a handsome man but more importantly, he was a real good guy, someone who gave so much to his sport and his community.

october-2014-munster-head-coach-anthony-foley-guinness-pro12-round-5-picture-id542524102
    msemail_anthony_foley_plaque_0035jpg-js333197805.jpg?strip=all&w=960&quality=100

Even by the standard of sculptures not looking like their subjects, that's off the scale. It looks nothing like Anthony Foley in any feature, bar the scrum cap. I'm certain it looks the spit of someone else altogether but I'm racking my brain and it wont come to me!

Also a little disturbingly, for quite a few seconds I was thinking my god, hasn't Keith Wood got old!

Even by the standard of sculptures not looking like their subjects, that's off the scale. It looks nothing like Anthony Foley in any feature, bar the scrum cap. I'm certain it looks the spit of someone else altogether but I'm racking my brain and it wont come to me!

Also a little disturbingly, for quite a few seconds I was thinking my god, hasn't Keith Wood got old!
    I think the sculpture looks more like the man who unveiled it (if he had a scrum cap on) than Anthony Foley.

I think the sculpture looks more like the man who unveiled it (if he had a scrum cap on) than Anthony Foley.

Indeed, there's probably 100s of well known people it would look more like than the intended subject. The lips are too full, the face too round and even the cap is all wrong, it's like it's vacuum packed onto the head, it looks like one of those swimming caps my mother used to wear, with the little tassels on top. And some little addition to the ball, a line or logo or some such, any little thing to distinguish it from an ostrich egg. 0/10 overall for me and I'm in a generous mood today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Did Darcy more or less say that he went down to reception in the hope he'd get a free pair of goggles? How mean must he be!

You know the old saying, "Mind the pennies and the five hundred grand will look after itself."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

God, Ray is awful concerned about people not getting a proper, balanced representation of the facts from their online news services. Kind of ironic given that he has two BAI formal warnings against him and his own show for lack of balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Ah feck off Ray, with your moaning about the weather. Take yourself off to California etc

On reflection, his problem is that he's just come back from sunny Portugal with the missus and kids. Tough titty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

speaking of tits .

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

How can these lads in Stocktons Wing be getting royalties on de LiveLine intro tune? I always figured that was a trad tune, Over the Moor to Maggie????? No copyright there :(

How can these lads in Stocktons Wing be getting royalties on de LiveLine intro tune? I always figured that was a trad tune, Over the Moor to Maggie????? No copyright there :(

Maybe it's not the same song? Stocktons Wing one is called Over the Moor, but not hugely familiar with the other one. Great band though, loved seeing them live back in the day and very underrated imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

More brown nosing of horse racing people. From the man who refuses to acknowledge Cheltenham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Maybe it's not the same song? Stocktons Wing one is called Over the Moor, but not hugely familiar with the other one. Great band though, loved seeing them live back in the day and very underrated imo.

Saw them at the Fleadh in Ennis last year with Maura O'Connell. Not into that trad sound at all really, but really enjoyed them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

A texter said "Kate has a lovely smile and her mother is a fox. "
    Ray busts his hole laughing.

Two days ago Donald Trump said a similar thing and it was a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

sligojoek wrote: »
    A texter said "Kate has a lovely smile and her mother is a fox. "
    Ray busts his hole laughing.

Two days ago Donald Trump said a similar thing and it was a disgrace.

Well, while I do recognise the hypocrisy and it sounds like a cringeworthy piece of radio... to be fair, Donald Trump is meant to be the President of one of the most powerful countries in the world, whereas D'Arcy is a relatively mid-level broadcaster in a tiny country.

• Advertisement

up Trump and Dustin , priceless listening to Dustin winding up Ray.
    Ray is so thick , he actually has to tell us that he never said the things Dustin is claiming he said off air. Priceless.
    Dustin is a comedy genius as everything he says is true- remember he had small newspaper column every week - even reading that had me in stitches.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement