Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I think the sculpture looks more like the man who unveiled it (if he had a scrum cap on) than Anthony Foley.

No doubt Terry Wogan's been mentioned, as i heard Troy McClure being a likeness or did i hear that right about Ronaldo?
    Sonia Sullivan's another one :o
    sligojoek wrote: »
    More brown nosing of horse racing people. From the man who refuses to acknowledge Cheltenham.

That's ironic, as Ray always talked about The National Stud being on his doorstep?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

No doubt Terry Wogan's been mentioned, as i heard Troy McClure being a likeness or did i hear that right about Ronaldo?
    Sonia Sullivan's another one :o

That's ironic, as Ray always talked about The National Stud being on his doorstep?

He talked about how he grew up with horses. He regularly has jockeys, trainers and their families on. Then he regularly gives out about gambling.

The irony is; If there was no gambling, there'd be no rich and famous horsey people for Ray to talk to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

He talked about how he grew up with horses. He regularly has jockeys, trainers and their families on. Then he regularly gives out about gambling.

The irony is; If there was no gambling, there'd be no rich and famous horsey people for Ray to talk to.

The only thing ray had in common with the jockeys, as they were the same size :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

More brown nosing of horse racing people. From the man who refuses to acknowledge Cheltenham.

That's the thing that really gets to me about D'Arcy. He was lecturing some guest one week about the dangers of crisps and sugary drinks, then gave away a big basket of Tayto Crisps to every member of the audience to great fanfare the next Saturday night. Nobody ever feels brave enough to challenge him on this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,630 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Another Trump bashing session.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Another Trump bashing session.

It's getting tiresome now. I don't seem to recall too many people of D'Arcy's ilk decrying Bill Clinton's shenanigans with Monica Lewinsky in the Oval Office as "unacceptable behaviour".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

After age 38 sperm become wobbly and less focused allegedly. One learns something new everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,630 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Raymond won't be mentioning this Tweet from The Donald...
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/881875263700783104

What D'Arcy knows about football or any other sport can be written on a postage stamp.

When did you realize that you didn't have a gift, Ray?
    Except a gift for interrupting people maybe.

• Advertisement

Ray: When you left Man U Don Revie wanted to give you £5000.

Giles: Eeeeh .. It was Leeds, Ray.

Research at its finest folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Ray: When you left Man U Don Revie wanted to give you £5000.

Giles: Eeeeh .. It was Leeds, Ray.

Research at its finest folks.

How did I miss that nugget :-) I guess I took my eye off the ball sotospeak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭goochy

didn't he say to Dustin the other day , he was still settling in , in Rte - Dustin was saying still !

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

goochy wrote: »
    didn't he say to Dustin the other day , he was still settling in , in Rte - Dustin was saying still !

Settling in ? He's a radio presenter not a foundation. Has RTÉ changed that much in the years he was away ?

I'll have to try and find the Dustin clip now as I do like hearing Dustin making ray feel really uncomfortable.

Best part is ray being stupid enough to tell us ur never said in private the things Dustin claims he did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

Darcy on another of his 'public health' agendas - gamblers today. This chap wants a tax on gamblers so as to fund people needing help, i.e. those that might come to his practice. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

It's getting tiresome now. I don't seem to recall too many people of D'Arcy's ilk decrying Bill Clinton's shenanigans with Monica Lewinsky in the Oval Office as "unacceptable behaviour".

Different media landscapes to be fair.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Different media landscapes to be fair.

It's double standards, which happens to be D'Arcy's stock-in-trade. Yesterday he spent over half an hour trying to get the gambling industry shut down but that doesn't stop him from promoting race meetings on his TV show when there's an opportunity to get freebie tickets for his TV show audience members.

It's double standards, which happens to be D'Arcy's stock-in-trade.

The pious f**ker really annoys me with this. He took a stand a while back, by not handing off to Cheltenham on the radio show. This protest was gone the next year - so either Cheltenham outlawed gambling or D'Arcy changed his position, deciding it was more profitable not to continue his protest. And now he brings jockeys on the TV show and treats them like heroes. Then maybe gives away another box of crisps to everybody in the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The pious f**ker really annoys me with this. He took a stand a while back, by not handing off to Cheltenham on the radio show. This protest was gone the next year - so either Cheltenham outlawed gambling or D'Arcy changed his position, deciding it was more profitable not to continue his protest. And now he brings jockeys on the TV show and treats them like heroes. Then maybe gives away another box of crisps to everybody in the audience.

How much money do RTE make off horse racing too? He's fighting an idiotic battle.

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »
    How much money do RTE make off horse racing too? He's fighting an idiotic battle.

Watching their Irish Derby coverage on Saturday, a sizeable chunk of their advertising was for Paddy Power and Boylesports. Boyles intersperse their advertising during the racing programme itself, which means RTE don't even have to go to a break to see Boyles latest offers.

RTE is an organisation of pious moralising hypocrites. I'm currently listening to the Sean O'Rourke Show preaching to us about alcohol, when not that long ago one of their most highly paid radio presenters put himself into an early grave by shoving cocaine up his nose, but that's never mentioned, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

I was in the car yesterday when they were talking about gambling. Coming out of the sports news at 4 the sports reader made a real emphasis on mentioning the racing at 6pm in Gowran.

Also how long is it until Ray is ringing up shops that sold a winning lotto ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

First topic on the show today is that the first time a Taoiseach has been photographed running.

And after that, salad

• Registered Users Posts: 10,453 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Also how long is it until Ray is ringing up shops that sold a winning lotto ticket

The last time there was a big winner he spent a week ringing a shop that DIDN'T sell the winning ticket, in a totally different part of the country

Ray loves Varadkar now because he runs - surprise surprise. Would if Trump goes running what he will say.

I'm convinced that Ray D'Arcy will be the first person on the planet to reach the age of 500.

Sex dools.... As if Ray needed another thing to look down his nose at. How long before he's lecturing on the dangers of sex dolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Sex dools.... As if Ray needed another thing to look down his nose at. How long before he's lecturing on the dangers of sex dolls.

Ever seen Only Fools and Horses? Those yokes can be lethal.

• Advertisement

How is Rita, Daithí... ?

She's grand, she's just started in secondary school now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement