Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

If D'Arcy hadn't hosted the Rose of Tralee for five years, he'd probably be criticising it from a height with his PC hat on, but he can't because he'd look like an even bigger hypocrite than he already is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Did you tell Daithí about the row you had with the Irish news department, Ray. I wonder what he thought about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

An Nuacht bang on time as usual

lol.. D'Arcy hit the theme tune for Liveline on the way out of the studio.... :D

Did D'Arcy press the wrong button there for Liveline? :D

• Advertisement

And Mary Wilson ended up having apologise

sligojoek wrote: »
    And Mary Wilson ended up having apologise

I think I could hear her trying to suppress a laugh, which would be a first for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭goochy

whats this about a row with news dept. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

goochy wrote: »
    whats this about a row with news dept. ?

Assume it's a reference to him wanting An Nuacht moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I assumed it was a reference to the time the intrepid Ray suggested one of Rtes news guys had had a few jars after he'd been up all night working on a story which led to another abject apology being read out on air. Conversely, nobody ever suggested Ray had had a few jars when he repeatedly presses the wrong buttons, I guess everybody knows what an imbecile he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,643 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

lol.. D'Arcy hit the theme tune for Liveline on the way out of the studio.... :D

That's just earned Joe another €500.

Listening to Thomas Dolby talking about Shane MacGowan I was hoping he'd tell this story
    At my previous school in London I was good friends with Shane MacGowan, of The Pogues. He and I used to sit together in the back row of English Lit. He was extremely smart. On one occasion during a boring reading of some classic novel or other, the teacher spotted me and Shane nattering.
    He singled me out saying something like ‘what figure of speech is “indubitably”…. Robertson?’
    Shane whispered under his breath: ‘It’s an onanism.’
    Ha. ‘IT’S AN ONANISM, SIR!’ I blurted out.
    Deadly pause. ‘Robertson, please come up to the front of the class, take down the Oxford English Dictionary and read out to the class the definition of the word onanism.’ Which I did. Much to the delight of Shane and the rest of the class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Right2Write

D'Arcy has suddenly become a GAA afficiando - is he trying to tell us that he has the Sky :)

Ah, sitting is the new sin.

D'Arcy has suddenly become a GAA afficiando - is he trying to tell us that he has the Sky :)

I'd doubt Ray could host a consistent position on any subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Is gambling ok with RTE this week?

Is gambling ok with RTE this week?
    I'm not listening. Is he on a lotto crusade again?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

sligojoek wrote: »
    I'm not listening. Is he on a lotto crusade again?
    Talking to two lads about race meetings- they broke all records by being the first gay couple to win best dressed couple at Ascot Bellewstown race course

If that survey was about eggs or porridge would he have been so quick to dismiss it?

How many times do we have to be told Christy's story?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

what film were they talking about there?. Film shot in Dublin was it?. Missed some of the interview?

Has RTE decided that this afternoon slot is where you shove in any gay content? Mooney had his own reasons but it continues regularly. Not that I particularly care, it's just that it's very noticeable.

Mind you, I simply can't stand that Rory poseur - he's so self important and with his head firmly stuck up his arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭goochy

looks like Rory didn't leave show on good terms - he would have just said he was getting too old for all the travelling otherwise.

He has criticised the accomodation and feeling left out - bit of a diva. - not a fan of the show at all and what I saw of it - he didn't do a whole lot .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭applehunter

Has RTE decided that this afternoon slot is where you shove in any gay content? Mooney had his own reasons but it continues regularly. Not that I particularly care, it's just that it's very noticeable.

Mind you, I simply can't stand that Rory poseur - he's so self important and with his head firmly stuck up his arse!

Anytime I listen to 2FM it's like they have dedicated a full station to the cause.

MMA.... yet another subject for Ray to look down his nose at...

Who would you want your kid to grow up to be, Ray D'Arcy or Conor McGregor...

If only they could take the stabilizers off your mixing desk Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Pontificating pr##k

And if removing radios (which are a distraction) from cars would save one life a year Ray, would you be full square behind getting rid of all radios from automotive vehicles??

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

its a "little" change to be put off the road for three months

absolute clown

Another plug for RTE player and its ads.

• Advertisement

Athlone. He'll probably have Declan Lynch on to talk about gambling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement