Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Meathlass wrote: »
    Aren't the stats something like 12 people a day?

Now lets suppose each person brings someone with them so that's 24 people a day. Now let's be really generous and double that because we know the original stats are understated as not everyone gives their real address. So that's 50 people a day and they all just happened to be on the same flight the emailer is on even though their must be close to 100 other flights they could have taken.

Rays not very bright, you expect him to figure the above out?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

damn buttons again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Callan57 wrote: »
    OMG that poor child - what a shameful, cowardly country we are

The two children. What a terrible story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Id like to be interested in this but its not doing it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

The two children. What a terrible story.

I beg to differ ... ONE child and an embryo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

it snowed in March.............man shouts at sports event.............my dog this has to be the most boring show on Irish radio.

Moncriff had a 65 year old pole dancing champ on, i listened to that instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭baldbear

Aghhh jeessus Ray not the sugar lecture. I enjoy Conors chats.

Ray treats himself to a square of chocolate now and again, has the Friday night bag of low fat crisps been dropped?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Does Ray ever read a message that disagrees with his agenda?

Does Ray ever read a message that disagrees with his agenda?

Never, unless the following applies...

He will only occasionally reference a text or email that grates him but will only do so when he has a smartåss put down to sling at such commentary.

Now that the licence fee payer is funding his shtick it will be incumbent upon the BAI to curtail Rays childish antics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ray is in his element reading out these "angry" texts. His agenda is being fully sated. It might lift his black dog for a while at least.

Ray is in his element reading out these "angry" texts. His agenda is being fully sated. It might lift his black dog for a while at least.

Blank Angry Man

What's he pipin' about?

Woman lets kid pic her clothes, is this worth the price of a call to the US?

Woman lets kid pic her clothes, is this worth the price of a call to the US?

He's struggling with this interview

my friend wrote: »
    He's struggling with this interview

I think the correct statement is that he struggles with ALL interviews. Always looking for a personal angle that 9 times out of 10 isn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I think Ray is doing an okay job but I cringed when he referred to Ann as not going to have any children (something along those lines). She dealt with it very well.

honeybear wrote: »
    I think Ray is doing an okay job but I cringed when he referred to Ann as not going to have any children (something along those lines). She dealt with it very well.

What age was this Ann one? I didn't see the tv show.
    To be honest I felt a bit sorry for him at that part, I mean if she is in her forties
    and doing respite for a handicapped pre teen it is probably a safe assumption that she wont have kids of her own...no?

I'd say she is early-mid 40s, still not a great thing to say to the lady

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭AnthonyCny

That interview with the person who gets her child to pick her clothes was the most awkward cringe interview I have ever heard him do. It was like he was playing a game on his phone not paying attention to what she was saying. It was so bad I felt sorry for him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭mountain

pancake tuesday, I suppose Ray's father will have followed him to RTE as well...

• Advertisement

mountain wrote: »
    pancake tuesday, I suppose Ray's father will have followed him to RTE as well...

yes Ray senior is due in later

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭PIORUN

yes Ray senior is due in later
    if its not broken don't fix it!!!!

PIORUN wrote: »
    if its not broken don't fix it!!!!

It was broken..............rating was falling with every JNLR.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭PIORUN

It was broken..............rating was falling with every JNLR.
    I was being sarcastic...notice the multiple exclamation points

wonder how many times he will mention the evils of smoking today when the da is in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

I thought there was a glimmer of hope for the show when Peter Aiken was interviewed last week, that it might be the start of something better, but no. It is just appalling.

He seems not to have a great grasp of the English language, which I understand is his first language,as well as the buttons in front of him and suffers from the 'Dis Dat Deese and Dose' pronounciation defecit.

He is, of course, not the only RTE Radio One presenter to have this disability. We now have two presenters in a row each weekday on RTE's flagship, full service radio station who can't speak properly. Pulling a combined wage of around 900,000 Euros out of Radio Teilifis Eireann.
    Wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

mountain wrote: »

Ahhhh he wouldnt.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Expunge wrote: »
    He is, of course, not the only RTE Radio One presenter to have this disability. We now have two presenters in a row each weekday on RTE's flagship, full service radio station who can't speak properly. Pulling a combined wage of around 900,000 Euros out of Radio Teilifis Eireann.
    Wow.

I respectfully disagree with your assertion that both of those presenters "can't speak properly". Accents, colloquialisms & dialects make speech interesting. I'm glad that the National Broadcaster recognises this and ensures it's output is reflective of its audience.

I respectfully disagree with your assertion that both of those presenters "can't speak properly". Accents, colloquialisms & dialects make speech interesting. I'm glad that the National Broadcaster recognises this and ensures it's output is reflective of its audience.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Expunge wrote: »
    I thought there was a glimmer of hope for the show when Peter Aiken was interviewed last week, that it might be the start of something better, but no. It is just appalling.

He seems not to have a great grasp of the English language, which I understand is his first language,as well as the buttons in front of him and suffers from the 'Dis Dat Deese and Dose' pronounciation defecit.

Wow.

So you pretty much don't want any dubs on the radio as they predominantly pronounce things differently.

Maybe you'd like Stephen Hawking to take over the show. Can use his computer to speak and can also program the buttons to press automatically.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement