Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

CLICK OFF.

Time for some lively music. The day is too good for this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Has RTE decided that this afternoon slot is where you shove in any gay content?

12d59296c8c028207fee5a1310500726--kenneth-williams-classic-quotes.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 82,630 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

How convenient there wasn't enough time to discuss the requested licence fee rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

MMA.... yet another subject for Ray to look down his nose at...

Who would you want your kid to grow up to be, Ray D'Arcy or Conor McGregor...

If only they could take the stabilizers off your mixing desk Ray.

If those're our options, I think we'll be getting the boat...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    If those're our options, I think we'll be getting the boat...

With you on that one Dubya, if that guy McGregor is a role model then we are in the deep stuff.

What have the both in common,I hear you ask, Bren?

Forkhing chancers and talentless goons of the highest order, necks like the seam of a horse riders scrotum, taking the sink classes for a serious ride, and enriching their talentless selves at their expense.

Sad really.

• Advertisement

Does he not reaise there's more to Leo than his gayness or his Indian roots?

For a man with such a fixation about pronunciation he rhymes cover with hover.

I lasted about 30 minutes before banging the radio off. A new record.

How can anyone manage a full 90 minutes of that drip? Obnoxiously bad radio.

Bring Back Derek Mooney ... Aengus McAnally, ... John Murray ... anybody.

sligojoek wrote: »
    For a man with such a fixation about pronunciation he rhymes cover with hover.

They don't rhyme? :confused:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

He pronounces "cover" like "hover." He also does "donkey" like "monkey" and "lorry" like "furry."

The man's a menace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Theres a Calf Here?

Exactly.

But... cover does rhyme with hover.

Co-ver. Ho-ver.

I'm not trying to joke here, I'm legitimately confused.

Hover huhv-er
    Cover kuhv-er

But... cover does rhyme with hover.

Co-ver. Ho-ver.

I'm not trying to joke here, I'm legitimately confused.

Hover huhv-er
    Cover kuhv-er

Sorry. The way he says cover sounds like bovver.

No fear of Ray running into Mary Wilson's time. She'd eat him for breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

...if Mary was presenting!
    John Murray doing a lot of presenting Drivetime & Sports lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭goochy

whatever about her personality , Marys a bit of a milf

Ray's biggest problem is his lack of education and 'knowledge'

Now,fine for hairdresser radio where the top topic is who won the 'Lohho' and the Yoooouro Millions'

However......

Lad was on today talking to the barber dude from Coothill,and he refers to the 'Anglo Celt' a well known widely read newspaper in that area.

It's high in media terminology. The biggest dope in the country has heard about it.

And this clown has to ask is it pronounced'Anglo Celt' or 'Anglo Selt' soft c, which of course it is.

In a nutshell, that's what's wrong with this guy.

I won't go into his ignorance of the word 'kafir' with the Muslim person.

He is way out of his depth in these interviews, comes across as a total clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,230 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Was it over a year ago when he got a good caning from Ronan Mullen? I relive that often and it draws a smile.

yes I e mailed Ronan to congratulate him ?

didn't Ray study psychology in trinity ? so hes not uneducated - but why would he study it but never work in that field ?

its only since he rejoined rte that I would have listened to Ray , one of the guys in work thinks Rays other half is having a bad effect on him and he wasn't that bad in the past ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Ardrageen

goochy wrote: »
    one of the guys in work thinks Rays other half is having a bad effect on him and he wasn't that bad in the past ?

Well I seem to be one of the few people who enjoys listening to Ray at times(in small doses) but even I have to admit that he has changed in the last couple of years and is a lot more preachy/annoying now.

I used to really love his Today FM show but since he has moved to RTE he seems to have gotten worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,453 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Baz today. I had to leave the house the other night when he was doing his own show.
    I honestly believe they trawl the dregs of RTE to find somebody worse than Ray when he's off so he doesn't get shown up.

Oh my God Baz is sooooo amaaaayyyyyzing. But he's more siuited to 2fm or i104.

never liked Baz till he took over from Ray - not sure if that's because Ray is so bad ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Baz today. I had to leave the house the other night when he was doing his own show.
    I honestly believe they trawl the dregs of RTE to find somebody worse than Ray when he's off so he doesn't get shown up.

They could make a Ray soundboard with a dozen or so of his most repeated utterances and use a chimpanzee to randomly mash the buttons. They could use that to present the show when Ray is not around in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ray's biggest problem is his lack of education and 'knowledge'

Now,fine for hairdresser radio where the top topic is who won the 'Lohho' and the Yoooouro Millions'

However......

Lad was on today talking to the barber dude from Coothill,and he refers to the 'Anglo Celt' a well known widely read newspaper in that area.

It's high in media terminology. The biggest dope in the country has heard about it.

And this clown has to ask is it pronounced'Anglo Celt' or 'Anglo Selt' soft c, which of course it is.

In a nutshell, that's what's wrong with this guy.

I won't go into his ignorance of the word 'kafir' with the Muslim person.

Ray thinks he's an intellectual heavyweight because he did psychology at Trinners - somebody should tell him that psychology is one of the top spoofery subjects in third level.

Tell me Bren, do you frequent a lot of hairdresser establishments? You seem to have an intimate knowledge of what they play in such places. If I ever bump into you, I expect you'll have a Kevin Keegan perm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Is George Hook retired from newstalk yet? Would be the perfect stand-in in my opinion, as he would so determinedly plough the opposite furrow to Ray every day that the BAI would have no cause to complain about a lack of balance ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

goochy wrote: »
    whatever about her personality , Marys a bit of a milf

I sincerely hope you're joking.

Ray thinks he's an intellectual heavyweight because he did psychology at Trinners - somebody should tell him that psychology is one of the top spoofery subjects in third level.

Tell me Bren, do you frequent a lot of hairdresser establishments? You seem to have an intimate knowledge of what they play in such places. If I ever bump into you, I expect you'll have a Kevin Keegan perm.

Tell you this Harry, intellectual heavyweight he is not.

I get a haircut around once every six weeks and if there are special occasions perhaps sooner .

The level of encounter in such establishments is, let's say, lower than a snakes belly in a wheel rut, the aural offering usually involves gimps with mid Atlantic accents pumping out quizzes and prizes the most difficult question usually being "What is the capital city of Ireland"

Ouagadougou

Bamako

Conakry

Dublin

Terrible stuff Harry, I'm sure you will agree

I'd be more Donald Trump than Kevin Keegan for your info.

Terrible mullet that, surprised you would paint me into that stuff.

Much more sophisticated .

Have you down as a Dessie O'Malley (back in the day)tired pulled over to the side wavy geezer just for info.

Plastered down.

More oil than a worn out tractor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Tell you this Harry, intellectual heavyweight he is not.

I get a haircut around once every six weeks and if there are special occasions perhaps sooner .

The level of encounter in such establishments is, let's say, lower than a snakes belly in a wheel rut, the aural offering usually involves gimps with mid Atlantic accents pumping out quizzes and prizes the most difficult question usually being "What is the capital city of Ireland"

Ouagadougou

Bamako

Conakry

Dublin

Terrible stuff Harry, I'm sure you will agree

I'd be more Donald Trump than Kevin Keegan for your info.

Terrible mullet that, surprised you would paint me into that stuff.

Much more sophisticated .

Have you down as a Dessie O'Malley (back in the day)tired pulled over to the side wavy geezer just for info.

Plastered down.

More oil than a worn out tractor

Don't cross the Brenner.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement