Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Yes, Willie O'Reilly smug as a well fed purring cat.

He's the one who is responsible bringing Ray D'Arcy back to RTE isn't he? Just when RTE were managing to get some control over the crazy wages in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

Here is Ray tackling Marian Finucane on her salary in 2011........

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2017/08/02/from-the-vaults-4/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

nc6000 wrote: »

Idiot. Hope he's crucified :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,624 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Made a mistake inside 2secs, must be a record, even for him.

He's worth every penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Longjohns can be bought every Autumn for the winter in Dunnes, Tesco, Penny's, Guiney's etc. every year.

• Advertisement

"That's funny" he says. Is it? Is it Ray?

400k is funny

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

How ice cream melts...riveting stuf

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

skipped lightly over the pay scandal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭goochy

Tubridy, Duffy and Darcy , of all the high paid presenters - they are easily replaced and don't any particular stand out qualities . The likes of Miriam must be peeved off - at least she has talent and can do serious and light hearted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

sligojoek wrote: »
    Is that the guy that was on with J Murray earlier. I didn't catch his second name.

That interview on yesterday's Drivetime was awful-I keep thinking Willie was Louie Walsh

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

nc6000 wrote: »

Idiot. Hope he's crucified :p

This is a man who's a bigger hypocrite than Joseph Duffy himself, so I can't see him giving too much of a fudge if he previously had a go at someone for getting paid stupid money for doing a siht job.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Does all of the €400k go to Ray or is it paid to his production company that then pays his direct staff, wife, buddy, etc.? Or does the gravy train go to the next stop and the one after by paying all his buddies additional money to the €400k?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Does all of the €400k go to Ray or is it paid to his production company that then pays his direct staff, wife, buddy, etc.? Or does the train go to the next stop and the one after by paying all his buddies additional money to the €400k?

If we assume there's 3 on his production staff - producer, editor, researcher - on, say, 60-70k a year each, then that'd be half Ray's salary gone so I would be fairly sure the 400 or 500k goes directly into our hero's pocket. Worth every red cent, of course.

Didn't they announce, following the latest BAI judgement against him, that his wife would no longer be part of the team? Assuming she wasn't sacked, that would suggest she's working in some other capacity and you'd hardly expect Ray to be parting with his hard-earned in those circumstances!

Didn't they announce, following the latest BAI judgement against him, that his wife would no longer be part of the team?
    I didn't know that, although from what I gather, she hasn't been on the show lately.

Havent heard the doltish-sounding sidekick on the air either, mind you. Has he left along with the wife?

Two down, one to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I didn't know that, although from what I gather, she hasn't been on the show lately.

Havent heard the doltish-sounding sidekick on the air either, mind you. Has he left along with the wife?

Two down, one to go.

Unless I was imagining it, I remember it being referred to in a sentence tucked away at the end of the reports. I suspect it may have implied the entire team was being changed, but wouldn't want to be quoted on that. I guess the thinking was that a bit more critical input from the production team might help the overall quality of the show and they wouldn't be afraid to pull up Ray whenever it's clear he's patently out of his depth. It was a nice idea anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

What annoys me most about D'Arcy's 400k salary is not that its €400k he is being paid, its that during his Today FM days, D'Arcy frequently complained about the waste of public resources and the wages that our TDs, Ministers, Tanaiste, Taoiseach and so on were on.

He used is as a stick to beat politicians with regularly, getting out the ladder to climb onto his soapbox and let the listeners know what a waste it was.

Now D'Arcy and his wife are earning from RTE, via the taxpayer, more than the Taoiseach, Tainaiste and Minster for Foreign Affairs COMBINED!

Hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

sponges is right

Ray only short of asking him to throw up on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He brings a woman on to sing a song at 30 seconds to 4 . He's really trolling the Nuacht crowd.

Ray brings in a random guest to facilitate him getting offended and being pious.

• Advertisement

"So you've brought in some of baked goods"

All of which will be going straight in the bin after she leaves the studio... full of sugar.

So she comes in to talk about how offended she was about the article and ends up promoting her business.... [mod: snip]

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Next time Ray has his favourirte imam on he should ask him his feelings about jews.

So she comes in to talk about how offended she was about the article and ends up promoting her business.... [mod: snip]

Offensive comment removed.

If you accidentally type something, theres no need to press 'post'. Humour is welcome, but not if it descends to ethnic stereotyping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

He is quoting from the english Daily Fail
    FML

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Kathryn slept well last night. That's good to hear.

I didn't think anybody could beat D'Arcy for his utterly banal opening monologues, but Kathryn is giving him a close run for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Kathryn slept well last night. That's good to hear.

Where was "himself"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭School Socks

Why are Kathryn Thomas and Ray Darcy obsessed with fat school children ?

• Advertisement

Where was "himself"?

Doing a bit of DIY, apparently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement