Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Stop the show....Brenda got a text !!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Any bets this turns into a pay gap debate...

Bingo

Bingo

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

BINGO

Blazing a trail......to Ladyswell :):):)

• Advertisement

Trailblazers??
    Women have been flying planes since before Amelia Earheart

Off the tools. :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

The money this cnut is on and the amount of time he is off is crazyyyyyyyyyyyy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

The money this cnut is on and the amount of time he is off is crazyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Im not a fan of him myself, but he is a contractor for What Next Productions, so he is not on a salary, he is paid per show.

Uuuuuh. Which button?

Uuuuuuh. First day back.

True pro.

• Advertisement

Absolute pain in the hole...

".......Unless you've been walking around with a cardboard box on your head. WHICH IS NOT ADVISORY."

Glad you cleared that up Ray. I was just going to go for a spin on the bike with a box on my head.

"Floyd Rainweather."

sligojoek wrote: »
    ".......Unless you've been walking around with a cardboard box on your head. WHICH IS NOT ADVISORY."

Glad you cleared that up Ray. I was just going to go for a spin on the bike with a box on my head.

Tie a parachute to your saddle :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

How could he possibly go away more often? The only further time he would be in justified taking would be a course in Ballyfermot on how to use a f**king mixing desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Caught about ten minutes of it today, after liveline had finished. And it was some of the most inane, absolutely zero effort drivel that I've heard on the radio in a long time. Local radio is actually better than that rubbish, seriously: it so phoned in that it's almost brazen.

I don't mean to be slagging into D'arcy too much, if he was good I'd say so. I hadn't listened to him in a very long time, so I tried to give him a fair chance, but, jesus, he's - objectively - pretty bad. It was just so dull and lazy - talking about botox, which is yawn inducing enough already, but you could at least enliven it with some unique opinion or knowledge or anecdote or something - anything! But, no, it was a lad talking about something he didn't really know about, really didn't care about and really, really had nothing of interest to say about. Ten minutes was about all I could take: I could feel my will to live slowly exerting itself.

I feel bad for people who have to listen to that level of "entertainment" everyday - in an office, or a commute, or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Arghus wrote: »
    Caught about ten minutes of it today, after liveline had finished. And it was some of the most inane, absolutely zero effort drivel that I've heard on the radio in a long time. Local radio is actually better than that rubbish, seriously: it so phoned in that it's almost brazen.

I don't mean to be slagging into D'arcy too much, if he was good I'd say so. I hadn't listened to him in a very long time, so I tried to give him a fair chance, but, jesus, he's - objectively - pretty bad. It was just so dull and lazy - talking about botox, which is yawn inducing enough already, but you could at least enliven it with some unique opinion or knowledge or anecdote or something - anything! But, no, it was a lad talking about something he didn't really know about, really didn't care about and really, really had nothing of interest to say about. Ten minutes was about all I could take: I could feel my will to live slowly exerting itself.

I feel bad for people who have to listen to that level of "entertainment" everyday - in an office, or a commute, or whatever.

Or even whilst having their hair done!!

Nobody does poignancy like RTÉ. Ray will have tears streaming down his face in a few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

So here we are very little about the other 3 lads. As pilot in command the responsibility is hers. Sad but true. Wallpapering over the cracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Four families were left devastated by the Blacksod tragedy but we keep hearing about this family's loss. My heart goes out to all four families but it must be so difficult for the two families of the missing crewmen.

• Advertisement

So here we are very little about the other 3 lads. As pilot in command the responsibility is hers. Sad but true. Wallpapering over the cracks.
    It was established she was not responsible, the mapping was inaccurate, Blacksod Lighthouse wasn't on the map.

Hasn't it been established that there was incredibly weak visibility, and the maps were fatally inaccurate? She couldn't have seen the rock face until it was too late.

It's not like she was texting and applying lippy whilst driving the chopper.

Right so.......not responsible. Winch man saying 'you need to come right ' twice according to transcripts says it all really.

Right so.......not responsible. Winch man saying 'you need to come right ' twice according to transcripts says it all really.
    And did she not? My understanding is they needed to increase altitude, turning left or right wasn't going to save them.

What's the purpose of this interview.........can someone explain it

He would have been giving out yards if he'd had to take that break for the Gael-goers.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Travelling at over 100mph I doubt even if she had responded immediately to the winch mans comment it would have made much difference.

What's the purpose of this interview.........can someone explain it
    There is a charity auction of a painting tomorrow night so I presume this interview is to remind people of the tragedy and to encourage them to bid.

Tubs and D'arcy really missed their calling, they should have been psychiatrists.

• Advertisement

It feels like that episode of Family Ties after Alex P Keatons friend was killed in an accident and Alex is sitting talking to his psychiatrist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement