Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

I have this bad habit of calling a spade a spade, soz.

I'm sure you wouldn't like it, if people started criticising you. in a similar way.

You didn't seem to like it when I referenced you - regarding a question I put to you that you didn't answer - in a post I had written in response to someone else, so I doubt if you'd like it if people started critique-ing you every day, in the way that you call "a spade a space" with regard to Ray D'Arcy's presenting style on the radio show.

You took exception, when I had mentioned you, in a post I wrote in reply to someone else. You said I was name-checking you. If you object to being referenced regarding comments you make in this forum, I doubt if you'd like it if people started posting here criticising you, in the way that you do about the show, the presenter and guests on the show. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if someone referred to you, and things you have stated, as "unbelievable crud".

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104554993&postcount=6330

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104530770&postcount=7118

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104532290&postcount=7121

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

It's nice of you, to now refer to the guests on the show, who are taking part in Operation Transformation, as "people", as opposed to "non entities".

Non entities is a fair term. This is "Celebrity" Operation Transformation don't you know.

Jobs OXO wrote: »
    Non entities is a fair term. This is "Celebrity" Operation Transformation don't you know.

If you consider people who might not have some huge celebrity status as "non entities", if you are not a celebrity, would you consider yourself a non entity?

Just because someone might not have some massive celebrity profile, doesn't mean they are "non entities".

If you consider people who might not have some huge celebrity status as "non entities", if you are not a celebrity, would you consider yourself a non entity?

Just because someone might not have some massive celebrity profile, doesn't mean they are "non entities".

If I was trying to pass myself off as a celebrity on 'Celebrity' Operation Transformation but had the calibre of these non-entities then I would consider myself a non-entity.

If I was trying to pass myself off as a celebrity on 'Celebrity' Operation Transformation but had the calibre of these non-entities then I would consider myself a non-entity.

Why do you consider them to be "non entities"?

Why do you think that they have a low level of calibre?

One of the guys is a chef. He's not a non entity.

Do you consider yourself superior to the participants in the show, by suggesting that you are of a higher calibre, than them?

Do you know any of the participants in the show personally?

If not, then it seems to me, that you are criticising them, just for the sake of it.

• Advertisement

Why do you consider them to be "non entities"?

Why do you think that they have a low level of calibre?

One of the guys is a chef. He's not a non entity.

Do you consider yourself superior to the participants in the show, by suggesting that you are of a higher calibre, than them?

Do you know any of the participants in the show personally?

If not, then it seems to me, that you are criticising them, just for the sake of it.

Nope I don't know any of them personally or otherwise. So when they go on CELEBRITY Operation Transformation as CELEBRITIES they don't register for me or the vast majority of people as CELEBRITIES hence I along with other regard them as non-entities.

Perhaps you are impressed by those that regard being a 'social media influencer' classes them as a celebrity. I am not. I regard them as a non-entity.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I'm sure you wouldn't like it, if people started criticising you. in a similar way.

You didn't seem to like it when I referenced you - regarding a question I put to you that you didn't answer - in a post I had written in response to someone else, so I doubt if you'd like it if people started critique-ing you every day, in the way that you call "a spade a space" with regard to Ray D'Arcy's presenting style on the radio show.

You took exception, when I had mentioned you, in a post I wrote in reply to someone else. You said I was name-checking you. If you object to being referenced regarding comments you make in this forum, I doubt if you'd like it if people started posting here criticising you, in the way that you do about the show, the presenter and guests on the show. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if someone referred to you, and things you have stated, as "unbelievable crud".

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104530770&postcount=7118

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104532290&postcount=7121

I think you are way over reacting here.

The subject matter on this thread is 'Ray D'Arcy on RTE Radio 1' a legitimate subject for discussion I would suggest.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest that you name checked me, I was trying to exit from that discussion as I felt the thread was being dragged off topic a bit,but you seemed very keen to drag me back into it.

To compare me to a publicly funded broadcaster on national radio is frankly ridiculous .

I didn't take "exception" to anything, as far as I am concerned I'm well able to take criticism good or bad.

I take great care not to try to criticise Mr D'Arcy personally, he's a good guy, genuine, just way out of his depth in his present role.

That's just my opinion, fair play to him for blagging the gig from his old mate Willie if that's what happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

To be fair to Finian and others, PARENTS have brought this issue to his attention and he was just representing them. I find the HSE's complete denial of any possibility of any link with the vaccine as less than reassuring.

Was travelling yesterday and heard Ray's show opening condemnation of Finian McGrath. Have to say that it was cringeworthy, embarrassing even. Ray should learn to allow for the fact that he may not always be right. Don't know what came afterwards as I switched to Newstalk.

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Was travelling yesterday and heard Ray's show opening condemnation of Finian McGrath. Have to say that it was cringeworthy, embarrassing even. Ray should learn to allow for the fact that he may not always be right. Don't know what came afterwards as I switched to Newstalk.

Well that's Ray all over. Mr Know-it-all

Nope I don't know any of them personally or otherwise. So when they go on CELEBRITY Operation Transformation as CELEBRITIES they don't register for me or the vast majority of people as CELEBRITIES hence I along with other regard them as non-entities.

Perhaps you are impressed by those that regard being a 'social media influencer' classes them as a celebrity. I am not. I regard them as a non-entity.

You seemingly only regard them as a non entity because you aren't familiar with them.

That doesn't mean that no one else is familiar with them.

Just because you aren't familiar with them, does not mean they are "non-entities".

Even if they have not got a celebrity type of status, that still does not make them "non-entities"

• Advertisement

Surely Ray should have checked the prononciation of Killimordaly before interviewing Shannon Keady?

It's the small things that find him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Could somebody please tell Mary Burren that her 15 minutes of fame have well and truly expired?

You seemingly only regard them as a non entity because you aren't familiar with them.

Just because you aren't familiar with them, does not mean they are "non-entities".

Even if they have not got a celebrity type of status, that still does not make them "non-entities"

I'm afraid you are not correct in the celebrity connotation

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/nonentity

Would not having celebrity type status not make them more suitable to Operation Transformation rather than Celebrity Operation Transformation ?

I think you are way over reacting here.

The subject matter on this thread is 'Ray D'Arcy on RTE Radio 1' a legitimate subject for discussion I would suggest.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest that you name checked me, I was trying to exit from that discussion as I felt the thread was being dragged off topic a bit,but you seemed very keen to drag me back into it.

To compare me to a publicly funded broadcaster on national radio is frankly ridiculous .

I didn't take "exception" to anything, as far as I am concerned I'm well able to take criticism good or bad.

I take great care not to try to criticise Mr D'Arcy personally, he's a good guy, genuine, just way out of his depth in his present role.

That's just my opinion, fair play to him for blagging the gig from his old mate Willie if that's what happened

I didn't compare you to Ray D'Arcy. I was referring to the way you criticise Ray D'Arcy, in your comments, but in your own comments, your own bias and negative opinions of others, are displayed.

Your comment about the participants in the celebrity Operation Transformation show, is an example of this.

You regularly make negative comments about guests on the show, and it is clear to me, that you wouldn't appreciate the same sort of comments being directed at you.

Surely Ray should have checked the prononciation of Killimordaly before interviewing Shannon Keady?

It's the small things that find him out.

Oh another mistake ! What a surprise!

I'm afraid you are not correct in the celebrity connotation

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/nonentity

I guess you don't think they are "hardly in the full limelight surely", whatever that's supposed to mean.

Would not having celebrity type status not make them more suitable to Operation Transformation rather than Celebrity Operation Transformation ?

It doesn't bother me whether they are celebrities, or not.

I am saying that if they aren't some type of celebrity, that doesn't mean they are "non-entities".

I didn't compare you to Ray D'Arcy. I was referring to the way you criticise Ray D'Arcy, in your comments, but in your own comments, your own bias and negative opinions of others, are displayed.

Your comment about the participants in the celebrity Operation Transformation show, is an example of this.

You regularly make negative comments about guests on the show, and it is clear to me, that you wouldn't appreciate the same sort of comments being directed at you.

I really can't get to the nub of the argument you are portraying.

These 'celebrities' apart from arguably Mary Byrne 99% of the population have never heard of.

Never heard of in any way !!

Crazy.

In fairness Byrne can talk

And that Doc is correct McGrath has to go

It doesn't bother me whether they are celebrities, or not.

I am saying that if they aren't some type of celebrity, that doesn't mean they are "non-entities".

It does if the intention is to be a celebrity- which it is as they are partaking in CELEBRITY Operation Transformation.

Do you see any distinction between the CELEBRITY Operation Transformation and Operation Transformation participants? If not, there is no point explaining things further to you as you're being deliberately obtuse and it's there for all to see

• Advertisement

It does if the intention is to be a celebrity- which it is as they are partaking in CELEBRITY Operation Transformation.

Do you see any distinction between the CELEBRITY Operation Transformation and Operation Transformation participants? If not, there is no point explaining thinks further to you as you're being deliberately obtuse and it's there for all to see

I have come to that conclusion too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

If you focused on the lower mood associated with alcohol, then what about the low mood associated with having to listen to you sh1te on with your depressing, pontificating, killjoy form of presenting Ray?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭goochy

Ciara Kelly - where did she come from ? shes just appeared all of a sudden everywhere and has to have her say or she would explode ?
    see her on Brendan o Connors the edge - you can see her seething when someone else has an opinion .
    Rays wife thinks the dogs handsome - being married to Ray that's hardly surprising.

imagine Ciara and Mary don't get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I haven't listened to Ray in years, I've just tuned in and the first thing someone says is "Sugar is toxic".
    The cliché is real! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

His fake laugh is really irritating . Come to think of it,everything about him is irritating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Surely Ray should have checked the prononciation of Killimordaly before interviewing Shannon Keady? It's the small things that find him out.

He referred to her as Sharon at one point as well.

He referred to her as Sharon at one point as well.

No surprise there. He really continues to be hopeless with 7/8 errors every show. Pure amateur.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Sharon Shannon. Get it? Ha ha ha ha.

He did his best to grt her to cry but she was too upbeat for him.

Do you see any distinction between the CELEBRITY Operation Transformation and Operation Transformation participants? If not, there is no point explaining things further to you as you're being deliberately obtuse and it's there for all to see
    I have come to that conclusion too.

Why do you both feel the need to endorse and use the term "non-entity", to describe someone, who might not be as high profile a celebrity as you'd like to see on the show?

Non entity is described in

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/nonentity

as "a person or thing with no special or interesting qualities; an unimportant person or thing".

Just because the participants might not be as high profile type of celebrities, as you consider acceptable, doesn't mean they can be described as "a person or thing with no special or interesting qualities; an unimportant person or thing".

Do you consider yourselves "non-entities" on the basis that you might not be celebrities?

• Advertisement

I really can't get to the nub of the argument you are portraying.

These 'celebrities' apart from arguably Mary Byrne 99% of the population have never heard of.

Never heard of in any way !!

Crazy.

In fairness Byrne can talk

And that Doc is correct McGrath has to go

It's nice how you consider that you can speak on behalf of 99% of the population.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement