Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Jobs OXO wrote: »
    Tending towards angry. Getting to boiling point. Just managed to catch himself before he exploded.

You seem very poor at picking up on these things.

Why don't you just describe it as angry, rather than almost angry?

If you think he was almost angry, then you can't say for sure that he was angry. He was either angry or he was not.

He was not angry.

You wouldn't describe someone as being almost annoyed about something. They are either annoyed about something or they are not.

It really is ridiculous, that you suggesting that Ray D'Arcy was angry and aggressive towards David Gray.

He was either angry towards David Gray in the interview, or he wasn't.

And he was not angry.

There was no aggression in that interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

Why don't you just describe it as angry, rather than almost angry?

If you think he was almost angry, then you can't say for sure that he was angry. He was either angry or he was not.

He was not angry.

You wouldn't describe someone as being almost annoyed about something. They are either annoyed about something or they are not.

It really is ridiculous, that you suggesting that Ray D'Arcy was angry and aggressive towards David Gray.

He was either angry about the interview or he wasn't.

And he was not angry.

There was no aggression in that interview.

Who said he was angry? I didn't

Who said he was angry? I didn't

You said he "almost sounded angry", which insinuates that he was angry. You described "almost sounded angry" as "getting towards boiling point"

You could have said that he was almost happy with David Gray's response, but you didn't. You could have said that Ray D'Arcy was almost content with David Gray's response, but you didn't.

You insinuated the negative, rather than the positive, with regard to Ray D'Arcy.

You said he was almost angry, which insinuates that he was angry.

You could have said that he was almost happy with David Gray's response, but you didn't.

You insinuated the negative, rather than the positive, with regard to Ray D'Arcy.

Nope I didn't say that either. I said he almost sounded angry. There's a difference.

Almost sounding angry does not equate to almost sounding happy either.

Is English your first language ? You seem to have difficulties with the subtleties.....

Nope I didn't say that either. I said he almost sounded angry. There's a difference.

Almost sounding angry does not equate to almost sounding happy either.

Is English your first language ? You seem to have difficulties with the subtleties.....

You are talking nonsense.

I didn't say that almost sounding angry equated to almost sounding happy. I was making the point that you have no basis on which to say he was "almost angry", and that you were just posting, just to be negative, yet again, about Ray D'arcy.

You are unjustifiably assuming the negative with regard to Ray D'Arcy's interview with David Gray.

There was no aggression, or "almost sounded angry", or "getting towards boiling point" or "tending towards anger", in his interview with David Gray.

• Advertisement

You are talking nonsense.

You are unjustifiably assuming the negative with regard to Ray D'Arcy's interview with David Gray.

There was no aggression, or "almost anger", or "getting towards boiling point" or "tending towards anger", in his interview with David Gray.

I am talking factually and taking time to explain conceptually to you points that everyone else gets.

I am talking factually and taking time to explain conceptually to you points that everyone else gets.

You must have some brilliant mind then, if you can detect "almost" anger from a simple question Ray D'Arcy asked about when the White Ladder album was recorded, in relation to when the album was released, where, upon receiving the answer from David Gray, Ray D'Arcy contentedly accepted the answer, from David Gray.

All Ray D'Arcy was doing was asking David Gray a question, in recognition of the success that David Gray had, with the release of the White Ladder album.

And for that, he gets accused of being aggressive and "almost angry".

What you are saying, really is ridiculous

You must have some brilliant mind then, if you can detect "almost anger" from a simple question Ray D'Arcy asked about when the White Ladder album was recorded, in relation to when the album was released, where, upon receiving the answer from David Gray, Ray D'Arcy contentedly accepted the answer, from David Gray.

All Ray D'Arcy was doing was asking David Gray a question, in recognition of the success that David Gray had, with the release of the White Ladder album.

And for that, he gets accused of being aggressive and "almost angry".

What you are saying, really is ridiculous

listen to the link you so kindly put up - its when Gray corrected Darcy, Darcy STILL trys to push it, why not accept what Gray had clarified instead of trying to be aggressive ?

The usual approach you be to accept Grays correction but Darcy couldn't do this.

listen to the link you so kindly put up - its when Gray corrected Darcy, Darcy STILL trys to push it, why not accept what Gray had clarified instead of trying to be aggressive ?

The usual approach you be to accept Grays correction but Darcy couldn't do this.

He didn't try to push it. All he said was "Yeah, but did you record it the year before". All he asked was how long before the release of the album, was it recorded.

There was nothing wrong with that question, considering the album became successful, upon its re-release on a different record label, a year after it was first released.

You are exaggerating, just to be negative about Ray D'Arcy. He did accept David Gray's correction.

When David Gray said "19 years ago" it was in response to Ray Darcy asking a question about the recording and release of the album.

It is not clear whether David Gray meant that the album was released 19 years ago, or recorded 19 years ago, so all Ray D'Arcy did was to ask a follow up question to clarify when the album was recorded. That is all he did. It was not "almost angry" or aggressive in any way.

After David Gray played Babylon live, Ray D'Arcy said "It's hard to believe, so you would have recorded that 20 years ago, because it was released in 1998, would you have? Does that make sense?"

David Gray replied "19 years ago".

Ray D'Arcy said "Yeah, but did you record it the year before?"

David Gray said "No".

Ray D'Arcy said "Right, OK".

He didn't try to push it. All he said was "Yeah, but did you record it the year before". All he asked was how long before the release of the album, was it recorded.

There was nothing wrong with that question, considering the album became successful, upon its re-release on a different record label, a year after it was first released.

You are exaggerating, just to be negative about Ray D'Arcy.

After David Gray played Babylon live, Ray D'Arcy said "It's hard to believe, so you would have recorded that 20 years ago, because it was released in 1998, would you have? Does that make sense?"

David Gray said "No".

He pushed it in an aggressive manner as he was corrected (which he hates), it's when Darcy goes "Yeah but....".

What this means is ....Yeah I hear you but will just ignore what you said because I am always right

• Advertisement

He pushed it in an aggressive manner as he was corrected (which he hates), it's when Darcy goes "Yeah but....".

What this means is ....Yeah I hear you but will just ignore what you said because I am always right

You are exaggerating, just to be negative about Ray D'Arcy. He did accept David Gray's correction.

When David Gray said "19 years ago" it was in response to Ray Darcy asking a question about the recording and release of the album.

It is not clear whether David Gray meant that the album was released 19 years ago, or recorded 19 years ago, so all Ray D'Arcy did was to ask a follow up question to clarify when the album was recorded. That is all he did. It was not "almost angry" or aggressive in any way.

David Gray said "No".

David Gray said "No".

"yeah, but"

Yes I heard you but I am right and you are wrong.

"yeah, but"

No. It was not that, at all.

Ray D'Arcy asked a follow up question to clarify when the album was recorded, because when David Gray had said "19 years ago" it is not clear if David Gray meant the album was released 19 years ago, or recorded 19 years ago.

It was an interesting question to ask, considering that David Gray has acknowledged the support he received in Ireland, in the early years of his music career.

Ray D'Arcy mentioned during the interview, the support David Gray received - when he started performing - and continues to receive, in Ireland.

http://www.hotpress.com/David-Gray/music/interviews/The-last-days-of-disco/2649924.html

https://theblackpoolsentinel.wordpress.com/2015/08/25/this-is-no-disco/

No. It was not that, at all.

Ray D'Arcy asked a follow up question to clarify when the album was recorded, because when David Gray had said "19 years ago" it is not clear if David Gray meant the album was released 19 years ago, or recorded 19 years ago.

It was an interesting question to ask, considering that David Gray has acknowledged the support he received in Ireland, in the early years of his music career.

Ray D'Arcy mentioned during the interview, the support David Gray received - when he started performing - and continues to receive, in Ireland.

http://www.hotpress.com/David-Gray/music/interviews/The-last-days-of-disco/2649924.html

https://theblackpoolsentinel.wordpress.com/2015/08/25/this-is-no-disco/

It's exactly that but you are choosing to gloss over it. He's your hero - we get it. But you have been proven to be incorrect here.

It's exactly that but you are choosing to gloss over it. He's your hero - we get it. But you have been proven to be incorrect here.

I like how you assume that you can speak on behalf of others.

If you agree with me, that the interview developed in the way I have outlined, well then, what are you complaining about?

I'm not glossing over anything. I listened to the interview and have outlined, clearly, that there was no aggression or "almost anger" in Ray D'Arcy's questions.

I like how you assume that you can speak on behalf of others.

If you agree with me, that the interview developed in the way I have outlined, well then, what are you complaining about?

I'm not glossing over anything. I listened to the interview and have outlined, clearly, that there was no aggression or "almost anger" in Ray D'Arcy's questions.

I don't agree with you at all (is English your first language?)

When I said its exactly like that I meant exactly like my post below.....

Quote: Jobs OXO
    "yeah, but"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Jaysus lads, get a room...

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Moderator: horseburger abs Jobs OXO, do not post in this thread again. This thread ban will expire when this thread is closed.

I don't agree with you at all (is English your first language?)

When I said its exactly like that I meant exactly like my post below.....

Quote: Jobs OXO
    "yeah, but"

You haven't disproved, to me, that the interview developed, as I have outlined, so I don't see how you can consider your assessment of Ray D'Arcy's questioning to be correct.

Moderator: horseburger abs Jobs OXO, do not post in this thread again. This thread ban will expire when this thread is closed.

Apologies, I had posted my last message before I saw your post, which I think you posted just as I posted my message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭goochy

STOP , YOURE BORING US TO DEATH

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

Is this going to continue until the album is actually 20 years old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

"And incontinence, is that on the cards for you?"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

classy wasnt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

The lady was so positive and ray kept looking for the negatives "what can you not do?" How about focussing on the what she can do despite a horrific diagnosis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

OmiGawd !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

You can't beat a bit of video on radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

He's obsessed with that bloody bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

FFS, 4 days in a row

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He's batsh1t crazy