Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

"I don't eat bread"

Another badge of honour for the killjoy martyr Ray D'Arcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

bread binging whatever next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

I switched over to hear Ray interviewing Beric Dondarian from Game Of Thrones.

Its a great show he says, then gets a characters actor wrong and the guy corrects him "its not Aiden Gillen its Paul Kaye who plays him" cue awkward silence then ray tries to cover himself by saying "in case I get anything else wrong I have to admit I haven't seen it"

I was tuned in for less than 30 seconds and I never cringed so much listening to a radio station. Does this lad not do ANY research into what he's discussing?

I'd expect a national broadcaster to demand their presenters do some sort of research into the show they are doing. Especially at the rate that Darcy is getting paid. Sickening stuff. Back to Newstalk for me.

If RTE was "great value for money" as the head of company says then Ray would get his P45 by the end of the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭phonypony

Jamiekelly wrote: »

I was tuned in for less than 30 seconds and I never cringed so much listening to a radio station. Does this lad not do ANY research into what he's discussing?

Given I heard him say, about eating bread, 'I've never had heroin, but I'd imagine its like that...', I'd say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I listened today for the first time in a long time. Very poor presenter. Made a complete balls of the interview with Dormer, no research, no interest.
    If it's not something that he is interested in, he gives it away straight away, in a weak attempt to seem interested and the odd fake laugh.
    His disdain for the Irish news at 4 is obvious too.
    How is this lad getting that money?

Old rope.

• Advertisement

junk food wins:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭goochy

Terrible interview with couples trying to conceive in general , corrected a woman over something stupid . An absolute tosser.
    Why can't I have something else to listen to ? Don't like moncrieff either

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

goochy wrote: »
    Terrible interview with couples trying to conceive in general , corrected a woman over something stupid . An absolute tosser.

Well it only took Ray 45 odd years to work out that it wasn't for stirring his tea so he is an expert on that Subject also

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

A statement from the NHS. Good man Ray

how many facts will he get wrong in this ABBA interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

goochy wrote: »

I switched this on in the car yesterday and was gobsmacked, yes gobsmacked, by the lack of research. I loved that one of the women said something along the lines of 'I've written this info down so I get it right'.

Pity Ray doesn't do it. But I forget, he's an expert on everything. Sometimes I wonder why he has guests on at all, sure he should just talk to himself :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

500m is half a billion.
    Well done Ray. Gold star for you.:(

I switched this on in the car yesterday and was gobsmacked, yes gobsmacked, by the lack of research. I loved that one of the women said something along the lines of 'I've written this info down so I get it right'.

Pity Ray doesn't do it. But I forget, he's an expert on everything. Sometimes I wonder why he has guests on at all, sure he should just talk to himself :D:D

He'd fuk that up too.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

how many facts will he get wrong in this ABBA interview?

He'll probably tell him that ABBA is a palindrome and ask him who his no strings is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

He'd fuk that up too.:)

Fair point well made, I tip my hat to you sir ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Ray asks seasoned musician Benny from ABBA is 'pianistic' a 'makkyuppy' word.

Update : Calling Benny Bjorn now.

Ray changing pedals on his bike - love to see that - why does he wait for autumn / winter to start cycling ?

Working on it for a year

That's fascinating :(
    Dear god

Ray has a list in front of him with all abba songs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Can I have a rant re yesterday's programme?

• Advertisement

honeybear wrote: »
    Can I have a rant re yesterday's programme?

Knock yourself out !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Knock yourself out !

Not only do we know Rays children's (& pet dogs names) ..... now we know his son's friend's name! Aargh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

honeybear wrote: »
    Not only do we know Rays children's (& pet dogs names) ..... now we know his son's friend's name! Aargh!!!

Wouldn't it be just brill if they sacked Arcy and gave the job to Hooky. That would be a double whammy for Ray.

Alan Partridge would have been proud of him today with the Abba themed show.

Listening to him laughing today while talking to Benny reminded me of Sybill Fawlty. "Aha aha aha (no pun intended) then Haaaaaaaw.".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Ray jumping onto the Hook bandwagon today.

the woman who stayed with her partner who raped her because they shared a rabbit .
    Ray looks having people on who allow him to look down on other men and society in general.
    Can these people not try and get over things and not keep on rehashing it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,027 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

sligojoek wrote: »
    Alan Partridge would have been proud of him today with the Abba themed show.

Did he play Fernando? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Let's be honest Ray, it was a sh1te week, the same as every week as you present.

Follow up by the appropriate awfulness that is Galway Girl by Ed Sheeran.

• Advertisement

the horrors of the holocaust

that's exactly what people want to hear on a Friday afternoon Ray

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement