Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,027 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Let's be honest Ray, it was a sh1te week, the same as every week as you present.

Follow up by the appropriate awfulness that is Galway Girl by Ed Sheeran.

I did hear that and wondered what kind of adult radio show would play such childish sh1te music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Basal

Suppose if Ray Darcy died, what praise would you give him as a broadcaster? I would say he did a good job in the early days on toady fm by connecting with the pure mule Celtic tiger generation and growing the listenership of the slot from Mark Cagney/Tim Kellys 50k to 255k.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I enjoyed the Den while I was in my mid - late 20s. Mind you, the amount of hash I was smoking at the time I'd have enjoyed anything.

sligojoek wrote: »
    I enjoyed the Den while I was in my mid - late 20s. Mind you, the amount of hash I was smoking at the time I'd have enjoyed anything.

Post of the week

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    I switched over to hear Ray interviewing Beric Dondarian from Game Of Thrones.

Its a great show he says, then gets a characters actor wrong and the guy corrects him "its not Aiden Gillen its Paul Kaye who plays him" cue awkward silence then ray tries to cover himself by saying "in case I get anything else wrong I have to admit I haven't seen it"

I was tuned in for less than 30 seconds and I never cringed so much listening to a radio station. Does this lad not do ANY research into what he's discussing?

I'd expect a national broadcaster to demand their presenters do some sort of research into the show they are doing. Especially at the rate that Darcy is getting paid. Sickening stuff. Back to Newstalk for me.

If RTE was "great value for money" as the head of company says then Ray would get his P45 by the end of the evening.
    I heard that and cringed also. Another chink in ray's armour was the fact that paul kaye is an absolute legend and simply by knowing who he is would have brightened up the interview tenfold....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/veryimportantpennis/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Basal

Why is this show obsessed with cancer story guests ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

"There's the stats for you"..

Seems like RTE have realised that they have bought themselves a banger, and are starting at the bottom up to see what CAN he do...

1. Can he read? Just about ..
    2. Can he pull faces? - Still in progress.

Could somebody say something to him about that big nose exhalation / sigh that he does every time introduces the nuacht or the news. You'd swear it was his first day every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

I heard that and cringed also. Another chink in ray's armour was the fact that paul kaye is an absolute legend and simply by knowing who he is would have brightened up the interview tenfold....

jesus thats the same guy who plays thoros of myr !

ya learn something new everyday.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Don't forget the genius that was "Strutter", and "It's All Gone Pete Tong", and so much more.

My favourite line from Strutter? What's the collective noun for a bunch of c*cksuckers? A Westlife of c*cksuckers. :D

For the initiated:

I'd like for Strutter to meet D'Arcy sometime.........

• Advertisement

jesus when a child runs rings around you on the broadcasting front ......

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

People from......Duunnigawl......on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Jeez another terrible awkward interview with Shannon Keady and she's not the awkward one......too much for this poster.........squeeeeeelllch......gone

Cringey. "C'mere and give me a hug" to the mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Jamie Heathcliffe rappin' ?
    Landrover making cookers ? and how to identify 'strong flour' in the supermarket.

Amn't I the sad woman who didn't make my way out to Mucklagh today.

the horrors of the holocaust

that's exactly what people want to hear on a Friday afternoon Ray

I was chomping down the lunch when that was on (working late shift) but in fairness it was the longest ive really listened to Ray in an age.

there cant be many left still knocking about that was actually liberated from such camps and maybe im just getting old but ill make an exception for such people as once their gone itll just be the history books relating the tale with none of the nuance of the individual cases.

i mean really think about it. we got to hear from a girl that was forced to dance for Dr Mengler.

*shudder*

its a strange/horrible kinda privilage to hear such stories that another generation just wont get.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I was chomping down the lunch when that was on (working late shift) but in fairness it was the longest ive really listened to Ray in an age.

there cant be many left still knocking about that was actually liberated from such camps and maybe im just getting old but ill make an exception for such people as once their gone itll just be the history books relating the tale with none of the nuance of the individual cases.

i mean really think about it. we got to hear from a girl that was forced to dance for Dr Mengler.

*shudder*

its a strange/horrible kinda privilage to hear such stories that another generation just wont get.

wrong show wrong interviewer :)

christ dotage must be kicking in.

what was i mistaking it with?

EDIT.

oh i get what you mean now. shoulda been on Arena at 7pm i guess.

still facinating stuff. i agree about ray though, dumb questions for such a serious subject.

Ray D'Arcy talking about somebody else making grammatical errors, give me a f**king break. Is there any presenter that makes more mistakes than D'Arcy? I bet even Donald Trump can use a mixing desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Ray D'Arcy talking about somebody else making grammatical errors, give me a f**king break. Is there any presenter that makes more mistakes than D'Arcy? I bet even Donald Trump can use a mixing desk.

Yeah, pretty rich for a man who, two days in a row, referred to the "Heimlich remover".

He really has no idea how incompetent he is.

• Advertisement

Has she had any babies yet?

No, Ray She's going to the boar next week

She's coming to see me?

No, Ray It's BOAR not BORE.

Giving out about a country that has provided them refuge? Ask not what our country did for you, ask what your own country did for you.

Let them move in with D'Arcy, they would be back in Nigeria before the week was out.

you could let them live with you Ray

Giving out about a country that has provided them refuge? Ask not what our country did for you, ask what your own country did for you.

Let them move in with D'Arcy, they would be back in Nigeria before the week was out.

I wonder who actually wrote that letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

No the shame is Ray that we are paying your colossal salary for being a crap presenter. That's the fu5king shame

Did he say his son attends St Andrews private school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

The sooner the budget is out of the way these recent years, the better. We seem to have at least three months now of daily pre budget lobbying. It's all well - but the public just get tired of it after a while. And there's so much lobbying across the media, that it just cancels itself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,443 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

He asks him where he watched the match ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭goochy

sorry but I am not a bit ashamed that we provide these people with food , board and a safe place.
    can they really work in the UK ?

If they dislike it so much why are they staying ? Ireland doesn't even have direct flights to Nigeria .
    let Ray feel shame , pity he doesn't about his salary

• Advertisement

spikey interview

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement